BlahCade 104: Dessert Fries Blah

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
http://blahcadepinball.com/2017/06/20/Episode-104-Dessert-Fries-Blah.html

With the lack of any digital pinball news this week, we honour the "blah" in the show title and go off the playfield into other topics. We talk about some "retro" games (90’s are retro, right) and how there was a tipping point in the 90’s where sandbox games started to challenge our idea of what a game was. The Netherworld gets a shoutout with a very unusual savoury and sweet combination, and news of a pin we have never seen before coming into the hellmouth for play. There’s other stuff as well, but you’re just going to have to listen to find out what that is.

Should be a beta next week that we can talk about, so prepare yourselves for the digital pinball chat you know and love next week.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
For GTA V it was my understanding that applying modifications to their game files got you into trouble in their online section (file checks), so addons were made to load alternative game files. OpenIV, the application, let you place the custom models made by others into these alternative game files but the addons are what loaded them in game.

The 'hackers' that grief online do it across the board (pc&consoles) and it's unlikely it has anything to do with OpenIV.

“OpenIV, Liberty City in GTA V and all other mods/projects from my team and me are only specific for Single player,” he explains.

“Rockstar must be well aware about the fact that you cannot access GTA Online while you have installed any OpenIV mod.

“The statement "Unfortunately OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody", is just wrong and they know it.

“OpenIV does not allows or supports any kind of GTA Online mods. We always supported Rockstar in their right to protect GTA Online from hacks and cheats.

“But, Take-Two's C&D was specific for out Singleplayer mods and have no mentions about GTA Online.”

The tool has been out for years, if was such a problem for a 4 year old game they certainly missed the bus on that one.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Before the PC version was even out the hackers were exploiting the game, dropping billions or setting bounties of people in the billions... when R* wanted to sell a player 8 million in game currency for 100USD via 'micro-transactions'.

I wonder what the hackers motivations were :rolleyes:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I script kiddied all yo momma's then I created a cool hack, I'm takin it back! Pay to win/cheat to win, they aren't hackers they are just arseholes....I'll keep the ep for my bacon roll, I need food for the blah

Edit -Hackers in our context would be the tinkers of machines.... anyway yes hack the planet

Last edited:

Members online

Members online