July MLP Tournament

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks!

The top 20% or top 100 players (whichever is greater) will be eligible for the top prize, which I believe is an MSI gaming laptop. Last tournament <500 participated, so it was 100 players entered for the drawing. (FalconPain won the laptop) There are additional prizes offered as well, but to be eligible for these you have play each table at least once to qualify. That is how it was done for the January tournament, so I am assuming it will be the same for this one.

Good luck!

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Already in the works, 5 Days remaining. Daves link to the invitational has a timer on it.

Plenty of time for the yagovs on F-14 to sharpen those nudging skills.
A perfect game could net you 13~14 million, I've come close.

360 seconds, minus ~32 seconds for 1st million then ~25 seconds for every million after... and lordsqueak audited farsights timer, it was slow last tournament, so there's some grace period there.

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Already in the works, 5 Days remaining. Daves link to the invitational has a timer on it.

Plenty of time for the yagovs on F-14 to sharpen those nudging skills.
A perfect game could net you 13~14 million, I've come close.

360 seconds, minus ~32 seconds for 1st million then ~25 seconds for every million after... and lordsqueak audited farsights timer, it was slow last tournament, so there's some grace period there.

I haven't tried this very very boring way and believe that a normal good multiball game can result in the same points. My nearly 10B in 6 min is one multiball only. Maybe you're right, definitely jackpots are more fun to play, especially in long time games.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I ... believe that a normal good multiball game can result in the same points. My nearly 10B in 6 min is one multiball only.

I'm just giving them a route to make you work for it is all :p

I doubt many can pay attention and perform the same move for 6 minutes but it would atleast close the gap Tarek enjoys.

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I'm just giving them a route to make you work for it is all :p

I doubt many can pay attention and perform the same move for 6 minutes but it would atleast close the gap Tarek enjoys.

Im really interested how switch3flip reach 1.9M on Paragon. After more than 20 attempts it seems that I'm unable to close this gap. :)

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
If you saw the video posted in the master bug thread, you could attempt what I tried to trigger a false rollover.

One of which was a ball save, didn't hit any switches besides the drain. Another was just hitting the Advance Bonus insert when I was close to the rollover.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
If you saw the video posted in the master bug thread, you could attempt what I tried to trigger a false rollover.

One of which was a ball save, didn't hit any switches besides the drain. Another was just hitting the Advance Bonus insert when I was close to the rollover.

I managed to get the rollover bug. This isn't right, even if I want #1 on this table.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConsiderateUnsightlyShingleDansGame

DEKRQGvWAAEwjta.jpg:large

My score in this is still 1,057,420. I'll be working to improve that legitimately. Goes to show how bad of a rollover system this is.

EDIT: Aaaand Tarek got the bug too. This is very wrong.

Last edited:

Rittless

Jun 4, 2017
I did wonder how those ridiculous Paragon scores were coming up.

Another thing... Super Game seems to be allowed for Judge Dredd. Surely that's not right? I'm 4th place now and me of all people getting that close to you guys makes me feel like I'm cheating by using it.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I did wonder how those ridiculous Paragon scores were coming up.

Another thing... Super Game seems to be allowed for Judge Dredd. Surely that's not right? I'm 4th place now and me of all people getting that close to you guys makes me feel like I'm cheating by using it.

For the record, I did not use Super Game to get #1 on Judge Dredd. So it's completely do-able.

Rittless

Jun 4, 2017
For the record, I did not use Super Game to get #1 on Judge Dredd. So it's completely do-able.

Then your score with Super Game will be exponentially better. It's a free two ball, convertible to six ball by hitting the JUDGE bank, that shortly gives a callout for 100 million on the left ramp. Every ball.

So even if you dunk all of the multiballs and just take the 100 mil shots and run, that's trivial work for a lot of points.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Then your score with Super Game will be exponentially better. It's a free two ball, convertible to six ball by hitting the JUDGE bank, that shortly gives a callout for 100 million on one shot. Every ball.

So even if you dunk all of the multiballs and just take the 100 mil shots and run, that's trivial work for a lot of points.

Fixed that for ya. Who knows where the 100 million where be.

But there comes the point of doing Crime Scenes to light Extra Ball, and that takes too much time in itself, given you need at least 10 Super Game multiballs. I just don't see it happening.

Rittless

Jun 4, 2017
Fixed that for ya. Who knows where the 100 million where be.

But there comes the point of doing Crime Scenes to light Extra Ball, and that takes too much time in itself, given you need at least 10 Super Game multiballs. I just don't see it happening.

Yeah fair enough, sometimes it's sniper tower.

And that isn't the sole strategy for getting a billion, obviously, but it will just happen that you get extra balls if you try to keep all of the six in play, along with 500mil~ other points from the game itself. But I got into a pattern of draining the ball once I fell out of multiball just so that I could easily get back into 6 ball again.

I've barely played the table and I nearly hit a billion on my first attempt in this tournament. Gave it a bit more time and now I'm an undeserved (I feel) number 4 with 1.16bil.

It honestly feels like cheating. But it's there for everybody... Farsight really shouldn't have given us the option if it's going to mix the scores.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.