Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: July MLP Tournament

  1. #1
    Senior Member dave950lam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    827
    My Devices
    xbox360, xbox one, PC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    July MLP Tournament

    If you haven't registered, go here:
    http://www.mlpinball.com

    And you can see scores here:
    http://pinballarcade.com/InvitationalTournaments/

    There is a 6 min time limit.

    Tables are:

    Black Knight 2000
    F14 Tomcat
    Flight 2000
    Jackbot
    Judge Dredd
    Paragon
    Starship Troopers
    Swords of Fury
    Terminator 2
    Last edited by dave950lam; 07-04-2017 at 10:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Crazy Newt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    305
    My Devices
    PS4, iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 7 Plus, PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

    The top 20% or top 100 players (whichever is greater) will be eligible for the top prize, which I believe is an MSI gaming laptop. Last tournament <500 participated, so it was 100 players entered for the drawing. (FalconPain won the laptop) There are additional prizes offered as well, but to be eligible for these you have play each table at least once to qualify. That is how it was done for the January tournament, so I am assuming it will be the same for this one.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Senior Member switch3flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    943
    My Devices
    PC (Steam) Samsung s9 (android) PS3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No word on gaming laptops I don't think there is one this time around.
    Most Wanted: 1. Spider-Man 2. LOTR 3. Shadow
    Twitch digital pin: www.twitch.tv/switch3TV
    Twitch real pin: www.twitch.tv/umepinball

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3
    My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to see what your high score for a table is in the tournament?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Extork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,811
    My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will this tournament be?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    561
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already in the works, 5 Days remaining. Daves link to the invitational has a timer on it.

    Plenty of time for the yagovs on F-14 to sharpen those nudging skills.

    A perfect game could net you 13~14 million, I've come close.

    360 seconds, minus ~32 seconds for 1st million then ~25 seconds for every million after... and lordsqueak audited farsights timer, it was slow last tournament, so there's some grace period there.
    Last edited by relaxation; 07-07-2017 at 08:56 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    561
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears the Invitational is Steam only.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Tarek Oberdieck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    451
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxation View Post
    Already in the works, 5 Days remaining. Daves link to the invitational has a timer on it.

    Plenty of time for the yagovs on F-14 to sharpen those nudging skills.

    A perfect game could net you 13~14 million, I've come close.

    360 seconds, minus ~32 seconds for 1st million then ~25 seconds for every million after... and lordsqueak audited farsights timer, it was slow last tournament, so there's some grace period there.
    I haven't tried this very very boring way and believe that a normal good multiball game can result in the same points. My nearly 10B in 6 min is one multiball only. Maybe you're right, definitely jackpots are more fun to play, especially in long time games.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    561
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Oberdieck View Post
    I ... believe that a normal good multiball game can result in the same points. My nearly 10B in 6 min is one multiball only.
    I'm just giving them a route to make you work for it is all

    I doubt many can pay attention and perform the same move for 6 minutes but it would atleast close the gap Tarek enjoys.
    Last edited by relaxation; 07-07-2017 at 11:01 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Tarek Oberdieck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    451
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxation View Post
    I'm just giving them a route to make you work for it is all

    I doubt many can pay attention and perform the same move for 6 minutes but it would atleast close the gap Tarek enjoys.
    Im really interested how switch3flip reach 1.9M on Paragon. After more than 20 attempts it seems that I'm unable to close this gap.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,501
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    29
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Oberdieck View Post
    Im really interested how switch3flip reach 1.9M on Paragon. After more than 20 attempts it seems that I'm unable to close this gap.
    Rollover bug, probably.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ye wha?
    Posts
    4,125
    My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously he's cheating his ass off

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    561
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you saw the video posted in the master bug thread, you could attempt what I tried to trigger a false rollover.

    One of which was a ball save, didn't hit any switches besides the drain. Another was just hitting the Advance Bonus insert when I was close to the rollover.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,501
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    29
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxation View Post
    If you saw the video posted in the master bug thread, you could attempt what I tried to trigger a false rollover.

    One of which was a ball save, didn't hit any switches besides the drain. Another was just hitting the Advance Bonus insert when I was close to the rollover.
    I managed to get the rollover bug. This isn't right, even if I want #1 on this table.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ConsiderateU...hingleDansGame



    My score in this is still 1,057,420. I'll be working to improve that legitimately. Goes to show how bad of a rollover system this is.

    EDIT: Aaaand Tarek got the bug too. This is very wrong.
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 07-08-2017 at 11:21 AM.

  15. #15
    Junior Member Rittless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did wonder how those ridiculous Paragon scores were coming up.

    Another thing... Super Game seems to be allowed for Judge Dredd. Surely that's not right? I'm 4th place now and me of all people getting that close to you guys makes me feel like I'm cheating by using it.
    It's fast, it's furious, and it FIGHTS BACK - AIR FERRET.

  16. #16
    Senior Member EldarOfSuburbia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    3,998
    My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If everyone can do it, everyone should do it.

    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

    Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

  17. #17
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,501
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    29
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rittless View Post
    I did wonder how those ridiculous Paragon scores were coming up.

    Another thing... Super Game seems to be allowed for Judge Dredd. Surely that's not right? I'm 4th place now and me of all people getting that close to you guys makes me feel like I'm cheating by using it.
    For the record, I did not use Super Game to get #1 on Judge Dredd. So it's completely do-able.

  18. #18
    Junior Member Rittless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    For the record, I did not use Super Game to get #1 on Judge Dredd. So it's completely do-able.
    Then your score with Super Game will be exponentially better. It's a free two ball, convertible to six ball by hitting the JUDGE bank, that shortly gives a callout for 100 million on the left ramp. Every ball.

    So even if you dunk all of the multiballs and just take the 100 mil shots and run, that's trivial work for a lot of points.
    It's fast, it's furious, and it FIGHTS BACK - AIR FERRET.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,501
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    29
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rittless View Post
    Then your score with Super Game will be exponentially better. It's a free two ball, convertible to six ball by hitting the JUDGE bank, that shortly gives a callout for 100 million on one shot. Every ball.

    So even if you dunk all of the multiballs and just take the 100 mil shots and run, that's trivial work for a lot of points.
    Fixed that for ya. Who knows where the 100 million where be.

    But there comes the point of doing Crime Scenes to light Extra Ball, and that takes too much time in itself, given you need at least 10 Super Game multiballs. I just don't see it happening.

  20. #20
    Junior Member Rittless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Fixed that for ya. Who knows where the 100 million where be.

    But there comes the point of doing Crime Scenes to light Extra Ball, and that takes too much time in itself, given you need at least 10 Super Game multiballs. I just don't see it happening.
    Yeah fair enough, sometimes it's sniper tower.

    And that isn't the sole strategy for getting a billion, obviously, but it will just happen that you get extra balls if you try to keep all of the six in play, along with 500mil~ other points from the game itself. But I got into a pattern of draining the ball once I fell out of multiball just so that I could easily get back into 6 ball again.

    I've barely played the table and I nearly hit a billion on my first attempt in this tournament. Gave it a bit more time and now I'm an undeserved (I feel) number 4 with 1.16bil.

    It honestly feels like cheating. But it's there for everybody... Farsight really shouldn't have given us the option if it's going to mix the scores.
    Last edited by Rittless; 07-07-2017 at 08:12 PM.
    It's fast, it's furious, and it FIGHTS BACK - AIR FERRET.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    561
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Oberdieck View Post
    After more than 20 attempts it seems that I'm unable to close this gap.
    Was yours planned on paragon? switch was able to do the ~6 minutes of nudging on F14 on his first game.. he thought everyone was doing it already.

    A-jey was able to keep his black out going until ramp 47 on JDredd, closing in on you too.
    Last edited by relaxation; 07-08-2017 at 11:52 AM.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ye wha?
    Posts
    4,125
    My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't it be better if the organiser speaks to some high level players before hand and put these known bugs on the main page to at least give the average joe a fighting chance at top 20? Just sayin

  23. #23
    Senior Member Tarek Oberdieck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    451
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxation View Post
    Was yours planned on paragon?
    Yes, thanks for your hints.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,501
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    29
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxation View Post
    Already in the works, 5 Days remaining. Daves link to the invitational has a timer on it.

    Plenty of time for the yagovs on F-14 to sharpen those nudging skills.

    A perfect game could net you 13~14 million, I've come close.

    360 seconds, minus ~32 seconds for 1st million then ~25 seconds for every million after... and lordsqueak audited farsights timer, it was slow last tournament, so there's some grace period there.
    Congratulations. You single-handedly made F-14 exploitable for controller users, and gave keyboard players a disadvantage. What a way to ruin a tournament table.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Oberdieck View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by relaxation View Post
    Was yours planned on paragon?
    Yes, thanks for your hints.
    And I thought the accidental Paragon rollover bug, from switch3 and me, was bad enough.

    Absolutely disgusting.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ye wha?
    Posts
    4,125
    My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, I get your frustration dude but sadly winning by all means has always been a factor in video gaming, glitches and bugs have always kinda been seen as fair game. I'm pretty much with you on such things but what can you do when it's the norm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •