Chromebook keyboard

ulises

Jul 8, 2017
I have a Chromebook with no touchscreen and there are no keys set up to play. The plunger i believe it's the "5" key, but that's it.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Tried plugging in a wired controller?

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've (or the Devs) have heard someone try to play TPA on a Chromebook.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I'm waiting for a full hd ips Cheri book with 4 gig of ram at sub 200 for a nice 2nd system...but yeah interesting question.

And not to confuse the issue but

Does android tpa have a standard keyboard binding or what keyboard bindings does the controller mapping support?

For me I'd just rebound them via the console(not sure how easy that is on chrome)

Don't let me confuse you tho just curious

ulises

Jul 8, 2017
Controller works just fine.
Is Farsight even aware of this? I cannot possible be the first person to try to play TPA on a Chromebook with Play Store. Android x86 projects like (now defunct) RemixOS has been around for a while now.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Your at the very least the first forum user to have publicly attempted it, I cannot speak for farsight

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I think the following factors are worth considering in light of your disappointment:

- how this request fits into the challenges the team needs to tackle each month.
- consider the total sub-market segment of Chromebook users as Android consumers.
- weigh up the lack of interest or appetite from other affected Chromebook users in this thread.

It might be time to treat this issue as a Won't Fix, purely based on broader consumer appetite.

Understandably frustrating for you as an affected user, but not frustrating enough to commit resources to.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I think the following factors are worth considering in light of your disappointment:

- how this request fits into the challenges the team needs to tackle each month.
- consider the total sub-market segment of Chromebook users as Android consumers.
- weigh up the lack of interest or appetite from other affected Chromebook users in this thread.

It might be time to treat this issue as a Won't Fix, purely based on broader consumer appetite.

Understandably frustrating for you as an affected user, but not frustrating enough to commit resources to.

Your gettin gud at that commimication **** convict

ulises

Jul 8, 2017
Considering that Chromebooks are the best selling laptops in the past few years, i'm thinking there is a big market out there. Getting through all the hoops to first, find this forum and then getting the anti-spam approval was way too exhausting, i don't think that the regular user would do that.

Now, most importantly: HOW ****ING HARD IS TO PROGRAM THE GODDAMNED FLIPPERS TO ****ING KEYBOARD BUTTONS??!?!?!?!?!?!?? It's just a few ****ing lines of code, it's just a ****ing half hour work to fix this stupid thing. Many pinballs for android had implemented this since years ago. I shouldn't be requesting this at all. Godddamit

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Considering that Chromebooks are the best selling laptops in the past few years, i'm thinking there is a big market out there. Getting through all the hoops to first, find this forum and then getting the anti-spam approval was way too exhausting, i don't think that the regular user would do that.

Now, most importantly: HOW ****ING HARD IS TO PROGRAM THE GODDAMNED FLIPPERS TO ****ING KEYBOARD BUTTONS??!?!?!?!?!?!?? It's just a few ****ing lines of code, it's just a ****ing half hour work to fix this stupid thing. Many pinballs for android had implemented this since years ago. I shouldn't be requesting this at all. Godddamit

Chill the **** out?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Chill the **** out?
What he said.

By the way, this is a fan forum, not an official forum run by FarSight. If you see any FarSight employees posting here, it's their free choice to come to this forum. Please keep your criticism constructive.

Also, if you want to contact FarSight directly, please send a mail to support@pinballarcade.com

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018

I'll let Andy know... worried about your blood pressure!

Oct 15, 2013
If you guys have the game on Steam you could also try loading Linux on your Chromebook and playing TPA that way. I haven't tried playing TPA on my Chromebook but I did do a Linux install on it a while back. Look up Crouton for instructions on how to do it. I ended up uninstalling it after messing with it for a bit though. Chrome OS suits my needs just fine since I mainly just do web browsing on my Chromebook. It was fun to mess around with Linux though, even got Steam working on it. The lack of hard drive space on Chromebooks is an issue when using Steam on Linux though so you'll probably need an external drive if you want more than a game or two on Steam.

Oct 15, 2013
If TPA isn't available for Linux with Steam then you could try using Wine on Linux. This allows you to use Windows programs on Linux. Haven't tried it myself but it's an option.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
We sell Chromebooks. Though not directly to consumers. Could let you know what our best-selling one is though (that way there's a chance your order might come through us... ;)

We're considering starting a kickstarter for Chromebook support so we can get one to test it with... (just kidding)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You could buy, say, a Lenovo N23 11.6" Chromebook. I see from our sales report for the last quarter, er, sorry, heard on the grapevine they're very popular....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.