PC - Request FunHouse: what is the real use of the "upper flipper control" setting?

Gen_Giu

Jul 7, 2017
Hello, in my walk to master the shoot to the Trapdoor I have noticed in the setting the: "Upper flipper control"
http://imgur.com/55JvxCA
feature.I have enabled and disabled it trying every time to play a game to detect what is its use. I have noticed no difference when enabled or disabled. May you help me to see it please? Thank you.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
I thought that the upper flipper control was to allow a half press of the button to activate the upper flipper by itself, instead of a full press of the button which would activate both flippers on that side.

I'm not particularly a fan of that.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I thought that the upper flipper control was to allow a half press of the button to activate the upper flipper by itself, instead of a full press of the button which would activate both flippers on that side.

I'm not particularly a fan of that.

That's exactly what it is, but you have to have a controller that supports it. DualShock 3 was the best, because every button had incremental/analog response. If you want that effect with current controllers, your only option is using the triggers, which in my opinion is too much button to push to still feel like a standard table button.

The whole reason this is even an option is that you can do this on machines thanks to what was initially a side effect in design. It took a while before some tables were designed with this as an actual way of playing a table better.

Members online

Members online