1930s - 1950s Pinball Tables for Season 8 and onwards

TakahashiAkira

Jul 18, 2017
Hey, pinball wizards! Glad to see that you're enjoying Farsight Studios' greatest masterpiece of the 2010s: The Pinball Arcade! From its inception in 2012 to present day, we can all agree that we've seen much tables being rendered and reborn, especially Classics such as Williams' "Funhouse" and Bally's "The Addams Family". However, for some reason, despite a flood of classic tables from the 70s and onward becoming available as DLC, I cannot believe that FarSight hasn't considered rendering ANY tables from the 1930s, 40s, or even the 50s! The early 20th century was when pinball began! They should take some time to honor its origins.

1930s
1931 - Baffle Ball(Gottlieb)
1932 - BallyRound(Bally)

1940s
1947 - Humpty Dumpty(Gottlieb)
1949 - Heavy Hitter(Bally)

1950s
1950 - Knock Out(Gottlieb)
1951 - Hayburners(Williams)

Come on, FarSight! Please get on the Ball and show us some TRUE history!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I doubt farsighted will do much if any of these tables but hey who knows! For a more immediate fix Zaccaria pinball will soon have a editor where I imagine some of the older machines layouts should be easily done quite quickly. It has many limitations that visual pinball doesn't but it'll be for the average user lookin to play with some designs. It also won't be limited to pc users which is nice.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I know in the past Farsight mentioned EM's didn't sell well in the beginning, but in the recent couple years of the double pack they are much better received, with that being said I kind of doubt you will see these older tables unless they have them in some pack like 2-3 of them at one time and that would probably have to be on top of either the EM double pack or regular table. The earlier tables of the 30's and early 40's were mostly bagatelle style games with nudging as the only interaction and Humpty Dumpty was the first to introduce flippers. Farsight did say they wanted to preserve tables but these are more of a history curiosity than tournament and play every day style tables.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I wouldn't be upset if they dig deeper into pin history. But I'm not really a fan of the no-flipper and small flipper eras. To me it just always feels more like luck than skill. You just try and keep the ball alive and hope you hit something of value. Maybe I wouldn't feel that way if I was a more skilled player.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I doubt we're seeing any of those, sorry. They're interesting historically, but obviously not very fun for too long.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I doubt we're seeing any of those, sorry. They're interesting historically, but obviously not very fun for too long.

Yeah, Farsight did Gottlieb's Play-boy for the Gottlieb Pinball Hall of Fame collection a long time ago (that's a 1930s era flipperless one)... it wasn't anything worthwhile.

Ace High (1950s) also was in Gottlieb Pinball Hall of Fame. It was okay, but in TPA the reel-less scoring might cause issues with leaderboards and whatnot. In addition, it was a small flipper type table with other more luck oriented features such as gobble holes. If you play Central Park (also a carry-over from that game) a lot and think this table is great, you'd be okay with this, perhaps. But as far as I can tell the EMs that most people dig (if they dig them) are the early 1970s ones. Certainly that's the case for me.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Ace High was a pretty good EM, tho. They shoulda went with that one instead of Central Park and its huge drain.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I think Ace High is one of the tables they sold after the various HoF collections, and before TPA. IIRC Sorcerer went the same way. So when it came to re-doing tables for TPA, they went with what they still had on hand.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Play-Boy on the Gottlieb Collection had a payoff mode where you can gamble tokens. I thought that mode was really fun, but with no virtual currency in TPA, I don't think it would work.

Ace High is awesome. The key to scoring is to drain all of the balls down different outlanes. Each one lights a different bumper for big points. I thought this was the most addicting table in the Gottlieb Collection when I used to play it.

And I always thought Farsight never had any of the tables for the Gottlieb Collection (they used the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas) and that they sold all of the Williams tables after they released the Williams Collection. Farsight then purchased/repurchased everything when they wanted to remake them for TPA.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Doesn't farsight buy the machine that they recreate each month? If so they would have to find tables from the 30's 40's in good condition to digitize the play field. I don't think these old wood rail machines are easy to find.

Members online

Members online