Issues with "not being signed in" and no Leaderboard Access...

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Didn't they say season 6 is the end of support for PS3? I'd be surprised if they ever fix the leaderboard issue. Most likely, they are just done with PS3/Vita versions.

Though I do think they should AT LEAST disable the leaderboard access attempt, if they don't actually fix it.

We'll still be updating TPA on PS3/Vita with bug fixes.

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
When...soon....when...etc..

We are currently in the submission process to get an update out to resolve this issue and add additional content for the rest of season 6.

Recently updated to V.1.29 and lo and behold! Season 6 is available for PS3 in the the UK PS store.

However, I'm not buying it, (though I'd like to), because I refuse to pay any more money to Farsight until the access problems to the Leaderboards and Tournaments are rectified ; I'm wondering when that's ever going to happen?! As are many others, I'm sure.

I love pinball in all its guises and I do really want to support Farsight. I purchased the pro version Seasons 1 through to 5, add on custom balls and was a 'silver' backer for TAF. I used to recommend TPA to anyone who may listen, but not anymore. Not since the quality control and general functioning of the game has steadily deteriorated. Sadly, I've been finding it increasingly difficult to justify my continued support for Far[sigh]t...

To be fair, I haven't yet explored much of what improvements have been made in this latest update. So far have noticed the 'live catch' and the MM 'hurry up' Standard Goal registers now....but whatever other much needed and overdue improvements have been made...

....the continued unresolved Leaderboard / Tournament situation is unacceptable ;-j

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Recently updated to V.1.29 and lo and behold! Season 6 is available for PS3 in the the UK PS store.

However, I'm not buying it, (though I'd like to), because I refuse to pay any more money to Farsight until the access problems to the Leaderboards and Tournaments are rectified ; I'm wondering when that's ever going to happen?! As are many others, I'm sure.

I love pinball in all its guises and I do really want to support Farsight. I purchased the pro version Seasons 1 through to 5, add on custom balls and was a 'silver' backer for TAF. I used to recommend TPA to anyone who may listen, but not anymore. Not since the quality control and general functioning of the game has steadily deteriorated. Sadly, I've been finding it increasingly difficult to justify my continued support for Far[sigh]t...

To be fair, I haven't yet explored much of what improvements have been made in this latest update. So far have noticed the 'live catch' and the MM 'hurry up' Standard Goal registers now....but whatever other much needed and overdue improvements have been made...

....the continued unresolved Leaderboard / Tournament situation is unacceptable ;-j

We will be releasing a patch for the European version as soon as it gets approved, currently it's still in review with Sony.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
The new update should be live for both the US and EU versions of the game as of about 15 minutes ago. Leaderboards, Tournaments, and a whole bunch of crashes should be fixed, let us know if you guys have any problems.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks for letting us know! Just installed the patch on my PS3 (3.3 GB!) and leaderboards are now working again. The friend list filter is still broken, but at least scores can be posted and the damn authorizing ticket delay is gone. Was waiting for the leaderboard fix before working on the S6 wizard goals... looks like I'll be playing some pinball this weekend. :)

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
Unfortunately, nothing is fixed on the PS Vita. As a matter of fact, it's even worse with the new patch. Leaderboard sign in issue still present and all of the tables now have a "blue background" when in attract mode. This affects the PS Vita version in the EU. Another 5 months for a fix I'm guessing?

Screenshot leaderboard problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbpddfe43ygaa3c/PS Vita leaderboard sign in.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot "blue background" problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6t9d4034b6jo40e/PS Vita blue background.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Unfortunately, nothing is fixed on the PS Vita. As a matter of fact, it's even worse with the new patch. Leaderboard sign in issue still present and all of the tables now have a "blue background" when in attract mode. This affects the PS Vita version in the EU.

Same for the North American version: can't authorize ticket (network issue) and walls are blue. Connecting to PSN is fine and I was able to download Season Six without issue, initiated from within the game.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
At least the Vita version only hassles you about the leaderboard sign-in fail when you first boot it, not every time you finish a game, like the PS3 version did. Now that was annoying.

Gonna be honest, I'm not fussed about the blue backgrounds. But I guess I can understand why some people would be.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
The only other issue I have found so far is with challenges. The Williams challenge can't load Bride of Pinbot and displays "Completed goal 1" instead. The Bally challenge shows a black screen at the first table already.

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
Downloaded latest patch for the PS Vita, and guess what? Leaderboard sign problem still NOT fixed. Yep, exactly what I expected.

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
Well, I guess I should be thankful for about three weeks of error-free game play; the "must be logged in to participate in tournaments" message has surfaced again. I was playing in the current tournament until tonight. I tried to access tourney and got the bogus message. Last time this happened I believe it took about three months to fix. I think one of the things I enjoy most about pinball is the leaderboards, comparing scores to others, having your top score posted and comparing it to others, participating in tournaments, etc. The frequency of these "not logged in" issues is ridiculous. So, I'm just wondering, after about the fourth to fifth time this has happened, was there no one taking notes? Maybe jotting down why this happened and the fix for it? Amazing.

Members online

Members online