Issues with "not being signed in" and no Leaderboard Access...

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
Started happening this morning. On PS3, tried accessing latest tournament results and leaderboards. I receive the message "you must be logged in to participate in tournaments". And unable to access leaderboards; I just receive message "loading", and never loads. All other games work fine. I'm signed into the PSN. Is there any solution to this? Tried re-setting internet access, everything. Is there an issue with TPA server, etc.?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Started happening this morning. On PS3, tried accessing latest tournament results and leaderboards. I receive the message "you must be logged in to participate in tournaments". And unable to access leaderboards; I just receive message "loading", and never loads. All other games work fine. I'm signed into the PSN. Is there any solution to this? Tried re-setting internet access, everything. Is there an issue with TPA server, etc.?

We received a few reports about this and are currently investigating the cause.

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014

Same issue, using PS3.

Also, at random moments the game will quit, the screen goes black for a few seconds and I'm back at the XMB menu ready to enter the game ;-j

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
This sucks. Getting bounced out of a tournament because score won't post. Bad timing I guess. You'd think there would've been a solution to this when it occurred the previous 3-4 times in the past.

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
This didn't happen to me whilst in Tournament play. It only started a couple of days ago and has been constant. The game doesn't recognise I'm logged in.

Farsight support tell me, "We have recently been able to reproduce this issue and we are working on getting this resolved as soon as we can."

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
Same issue, using PS3.

Also, at random moments the game will quit, the screen goes black for a few seconds and I'm back at the XMB menu ready to enter the game ;-j

speed_stock, I also had this problem (see quote above), but never until I used wireless connection. I tried to switch to wireless connection yesterday after years of playing with wired connection with no game interruptions, in hopes it would solve the "not signed in" issue. Of course it didn't fix that, I'm still unable to view leaderboards, game still says I'm not signed in when I am, etc. But, I did have this game quit issue occur with WIFI. I switched back to hard wire connection to PS3 and no issues with the game quitting, going to XMB menu, etc. So, maybe that problem can be fixed by going to wired connection to PS3. As for the "not signed in" crap, still happening, not fixed and out of our control I believe.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for the info, speed_stock. Hopefully as soon as we can will be less than weeks.

Were working on addressing the issue on our end. I'll make another post when we can determine when the network issues can be resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
speed_stock, I also had this problem (see quote above), but never until I used wireless connection. I tried to switch to wireless connection yesterday after years of playing with wired connection with no game interruptions, in hopes it would solve the "not signed in" issue. Of course it didn't fix that, I'm still unable to view leaderboards, game still says I'm not signed in when I am, etc. But, I did have this game quit issue occur with WIFI. I switched back to hard wire connection to PS3 and no issues with the game quitting, going to XMB menu, etc. So, maybe that problem can be fixed by going to wired connection to PS3. As for the "not signed in" crap, still happening, not fixed and out of our control I believe.

Flummoxed, I always use a wired connection ;-j

Garlyn

Apr 6, 2016
Same "logged out" issue. Wired connection. PS3 seems to be the forgotten platform these days.

Can anyone give us an idea how long the piece of string is or have I got time to go for a two week holiday. Sorry if that sounds facetious but going on past issues you sure don't seem to prioritise PS3 problems. It would be great if you were to prove me wrong.

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
The game quitting isn't random as I first thought. 42 minutes after loading the game, that's when it quits. Every time, 42 minutes ;-j

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Since yesterday I haven't had the game quit on me anymore and on completion of a game an automatic attempt to access the leaderboards is now seen to be made, but always fails.

So, still no leaderboard access or tournament play ;-j

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
Strange about the random game quit, that issue seems to be totally solved when I have a wired connection. As for the logged out issue, I'm now receiving a variation of the error message. When I first boot up game, it will now show error messages like "could not validate ticket for leaderboard access, network error". Whereas before I was receiving no error messages. Anyway, maybe different error messages are a sign of progress. I guess that's putting a positive spin on things, huh?.

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Strange about the random game quit, that issue seems to be totally solved when I have a wired connection. As for the logged out issue, I'm now receiving a variation of the error message. When I first boot up game, it will now show error messages like "could not validate ticket for leaderboard access, network error". Whereas before I was receiving no error messages. Anyway, maybe different error messages are a sign of progress. I guess that's putting a positive spin on things, huh?.

The game quitting wasn't random after all, it occurred every 42 minutes. Anyhow, it's quit quitting now, since the error messages changed as you describe. I get the error message you quote, every time a game ends. Same as you, I was thinking any change may be sign it's being worked on ;-j

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
The game quitting wasn't random after all, it occurred every 42 minutes. Anyhow, it's quit quitting now, since the error messages changed as you describe. I get the error message you quote, every time a game ends. Same as you, I was thinking any change may be sign it's being worked on ;-j

Back to timing out after 42 minutes again....pphhffff ;-j

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
This might be the same issue preventing us from entering the Tournament that's going on right now. I emailed support and other than that they are aware of the issue/working on it/know that it only affects PS3, not VITA or PS4, not much to say.

I let them know that VITA and PS4 have recent firmware updates while PS3 was back in November of last year, so if Sony made any changes to their back-end regarding PSN access/authorization (perhaps to thwart further denial-of-service attacks), it may not have made it into the PS3. That is if FS is using some obscure way to authorize users.

Members online

Members online