Tips & Strategies

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi all,

Been having fun with this table for a couple of days now, not a very deep ruleset but a satisfying target shooting practice. I can see how FP and FP II are related in terms of artwork and sound set, gameplay is partly the same with decent flow but the MB with double scoring ups the stakes quite a bit on FP II. I also think that this table is a perfect practice table in how to deal with MB in general. It's only 2 balls at a time and there is lots of room for ball control without a lot of double drain risk. Currently in the top 10 with 16M, that was about an hour playing probably.

It's all about the extra ball
After collecting all FIR EPO WER letters twice, EB lights at the ramp. The good news it's repeatable every ball, but you can't stack. After getting the EB you collect the targets once more for special. Then I believe that you collect them twice again to light EB again (after draining). I'm not sure how the table handles situations depending on when you drain, but I believe it remembers that you still have to get the special before lighting EB again. Max bonus is 495K at 5x multiplier, so that's no small change.
Shooting the ramp for EB is not without risk, depending how clean and fast the ball clears the right exit. Be prepared to control with a nudge. Balls that don't make the ramp and roll back can be controlled in most cases. I've seen mystery scores up to 100K but tend not to shoot for the ramp because of drain risk. Besides, you can get good scores without the mystery score.

Sitting ducks
The FIR and EPO targets are easily hit but don't get tricked into cross-shooting them from the contralateral flipper, especially not the R and E. The farther the target is the safer. Better hit them more controlled from the same side flipper. WER targets are more difficult but quite safe to shoot from the left flipper. I often use MB to get a last one from that bank.

Strategy
I focus everything on getting to MB, this essentially gives an insurance ball and will also give double scoring. Targets will be hit in no time, and MB is best for hitting those pesky WER targets. You'll collect hold bonus without noticing. Getting to EB is the main goal after getting MB. I will try to cradle a ball for maximum control on the left flipper and send the other one through the lit spinner orbit or let it ricochet at the targets. I'll switch the cradled ball when necessary and/or perform a slingshot pass.
I prefer to lock a ball as soon as possible from a cradled ball on the left flipper. Hitting a rolling ball towards the P may give a ricochet at the top of the WER bank into the lock hole. In rare cases a right backhand can also work. The release target is best shot from the right flipper through the middle. It not without risk, but with some practice you can get a good feel where to hit the ball on the flipper, it's quite a tight shot tough. From the left I find it harder. Another way is to hit a left orbit shot from the right, and aim slightly towards the F target. This will result in a shot that will drop towards the rollovers at the top, but any ball in the A or D will often fail to hit the release target.

That's the whole thing I believe! Let's hear some other strategy if applicable!

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
My hunch is purposely locking and releasing, if you shoot for the B inlane and nudge into the pop it sends it into the release. I also shoot the release from the left more reliably than the lock but I haven't worked on it.

I've done the lit orbits and double scoring also, I actually wanted to end up close to 9,999,999, for fun, but bonus countdown can't be tilted out on this game like Paragon could. Waiting for SternPA update fixes to play for a real score.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Scoring Audit,
dxgKWHh.png

23 required shots for 5x and collecting EB for a 495K bonus, broken down to 21.5K value per shot

That mystery score doesn't include the 20K from double inlane hits, but I'd go for something quicker and easier to perform repeatidly.

The Lock/Release is optimal, cutting out ~5 orbit shots, if done with accuracy.

The orbit will likely be the bread and butter of this table, the lit orbit makes it an even sweeter option.
22K+70K for bank&orbit, avg 46K value per shot if available

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Nice in-depth addition about the scoring spread, thanks [MENTION=5759]relaxation[/MENTION] !

Members online

Members online