That left drain!

Dev

Jul 15, 2017
If it weren't for the fact that I hate this table with a passion, I would absolutely love it. But the left drains are truly unfair. If the ball gets on those bumpers — which is unavoidable — you have an unavoidable 50/50 chance of losing your ball in the left drain. And if you're lucky enough that it doesn't go there, it'll find a way to the right drain. You'd think maybe the kick-back could stay lit between balls or something... but no.

But before I go ahead and give this table up for preposterously broken, I'll do due diligence and ask if there's anything concrete and non-metaphysical you guys have figured out to cut down on the drains.

Thanks. (Forgive my bitter moaning.)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
If you think it's bad on this table, try Getaway. it's much easier to relight the kickback on this one.

Are you SURE you aren't thinking of Getaway? that game is infamous for not relighting the kickback at the start of ball, and having games that were going well end a minute later with every ball lost down that left outlane.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
This is why the #1 tip for Firepower is "light the kickback". And yep because it maintains the state of the 1-2-3 and 4-5-6 banks between balls and lighting the kickback requires completing either bank entirely on a single ball, that can mean completing as many as 7 targets to re-light the kickback.

For example if at the start of the ball 1 and 6 are spotted, you would have to spot 2, 3, 4, and 5 to get both 1-2-3 and 4-5-6 flashing again; then complete either 1-2-3 or 4-5-6 again to get the kickback re-lit.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
At the very least, one target bank lights your Kickback. So yeah, aim to do that first for your safety net.

I played on a harder Firepower at ReplayFX, in that you have to get all 6 targets to light the Kickback. Or, alternatively(?) light it from the Power targets.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Learn the "railroads" that lead to the left drain. After a while you will recognize drain risks. If I remember correcltly you can see one coming when the ball hits the slingshots at certain spots. Preventive nudging will get you further on this table. Play in control and use deadbounces a lot to the other flipper. Get to know the safe shots as how to hit which target from which flipper. I believe there is a nice tips and strategies thread up that will give you some hints! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.