PC - Bug PinballArcade11.exe start PinballArcade.exe instead automaticaly

GzStation

Jun 9, 2017
Hi!

I got windows 10 freashly installed with all the update available... I've done it to test my TPA setup...

The ONLY THING THAT IS INSTALLED IS:

Steam API: V017
Steam package version: 1500335472

With Steam, I've just downloaded and installed The Pinball Arcade 1.63.11 .
I've start in one time to make sure everything was fine... it work with STEAM in DX 9 AND DX 11... But when i run the direct exe file ( PinballArcade11.exe ) It start pinball as DX9 EVERY TIME.

What i have to do to tricks it... rename PinballArcade.exe as PinballArcadeDX9.exe, make a copy of PinballArcade11.exe and name it PinballArcade.exe . From then... When i click the PinballArcade11.exe it work cause it seams to recall the PinballArcade.exe that is in fact PinballArcade11.exe...

WHY THE HELL I'm not ABLE TO RUN IT AS IT SHOULD...

The other thing is that Steam see my PinballArcade.exe file as bad cause it is in fact PinballArcade11.exe and redownload it and correct it.. ( It is too kind ) and screw up my setup every time i start steam back.

If somebody can help me with this... I would like to be able to START IT AS IT SHOULD to setup with PinballX before the next Monday.

I repeat one last time for those who don't read whell or have no memory... Brand new Win 10 with nothing other then Steam and TPA and everything is UP TO DATE!

Thank's every body for your support!

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You need to right-click on The Pinball Arcade in your library and select "Play Pinball Arcade (DX11)".

For some reason Steam changed the way it launches games with a choice of executables.

GzStation

Jun 9, 2017
Ok!

I understand that mabe Steam changed the way to start it but if i want to call PinballArcade11.exe with pinballX or TPAFreeCamMod... if it always start up in DX9 even if i start PinballArcade11.exe ???

What should i do?

Can i call a steam game ( TPADX11 ) and if yes... Can i use a command line at the same time to put the skipwhatsnew without any anoing Steam alert?

Thank's

GzStation

Jun 9, 2017
Thank's EldarOfSuburbia .

But even without command line... How can i call PinballArcade11.exe to get it working as it should???

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
GzStation, If I'm understanding correctly, you just need to run the DX11 version from the desktop, not through Steam?

If so, try this. First, in Steam, go to the launch options (Right Click Pinball Arcade -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options)

Under the command line, enter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PinballArcade\PinballArcade11.exe" %command%
Change the path if Steam is installed elsewhere, make sure to include the quotes. That defaults Pinball Arcade to the DX11 version instead of the DX9 version. Then you can just create a shortcut through Steam for Pinball Arcade and click on that.

Edit: It always seems to add a random space when I type a full path in this forum, just remove the space from Pinball Arcade11.exe to PinballArcade11.exe

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

GzStation

Jun 9, 2017
Thank you so much zmcvay for your answer!

Under the command line i've put: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PinballArcade\Pinball Arcade11.exe" skipwhatsnew %command%

Now i'm not bodered with the annoying message at the beginning!

Thank's!

Last edited:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
[MENTION=6718]GzStation[/MENTION] You're welcome :) Glad it all worked out.

[MENTION=4106]EldarOfSuburbia[/MENTION] Wait, I can get paid here? Where can I pick up by back wages?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I'm the money hoor on this boat! But once I keel over I'll will you my little black dress and purple wig

SCAAMMM

Nov 6, 2013
For me on Windows 10 - I have found that if launched from steam, directly after an update, steam will force the dx9 version.

If I play after a restart however, steam brings up the choice dialogue box again. (until the next update)

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Uhhh sounds stupid but if you rename the 'regular' DX9 .exe then copy and paste the DX11 version and rename it to what the original DX9 version was called, does that work or do you get some kind of tampering error?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.