How to call PinballArcade11.exe Steam version with TPAFreeCamMod or pinballX

GzStation

Jun 9, 2017
( In progress until Monday )

Hi!

I got windows 10 freashly installed with all the update available... I've done it to test my TPA setup...

The ONLY THING INSTALLED IS:

Steam API: V017
Steam package version: 1500335472

With Steam, I've just downloaded and installed The Pinball Arcade 1.63.11 .
I've start it one time to make sure everything was fine... it work with STEAM in DX 9 AND DX 11... But when i run directely the PinballArcade11.exe, it start pinball as DX9 EVERY TIME.

I understand that Steam changed the way to start it but if i want to call PinballArcade11.exe to use it with pinballX or TPAFreeCamMod... if it always start up in DX9 even if i start PinballArcade11.exe ???

Can i call a steam game ( TPA in DX11 ) and if yes... Can i use a command line at the same time to put the skipwhatsnew without any anoing Steam alert?

This is what i have done to tricks it:

First, in Steam, go to the launch options (Right Click Pinball Arcade -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options)

Under the command line, enter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PinballArcade\PinballArcade11.exe" %command% -skipwhatsnew
Change the path if Steam is installed elsewhere, make sure to include the quotes. That defaults Pinball Arcade to the DX11 version instead of the DX9 version. Then you can just create a shortcut through Steam for Pinball Arcade and click on that.

Edit: It always seems to add a random space when I type a full path in this forum, just remove the space from Pinball Arcade11.exe to PinballArcade11.exe

Thank's every body for your support!

Special Thank's to zmcva

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.