An Alternative Leaderboard?

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Preface - Some users feel the official leaderboard scores don't reflect how some tables play now, erroneous submissions from mismatches, and unsubmittable offline scores just isn't the experience they desire.

Proposal - Fill out an online form (sample) to submit a score, then review a public write-protected spreadsheet for ranking results*.
*General term, could be a unifying number across all tables, list of all tables, scores across tables from the last 90 days, etc
I've only done cursory work on the form and spreadsheet to make sure the overall idea works

Consider the VP/FP community - They don't have a built-in leaderboard, an add-on was authored but few unique users utilize it according to their twitterbot.

So, Is there any interest in a 3rd party solution?

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
So far it goes..
Form submits to List,
List is parsed twice by [90+ Tables] for further filtering and formatting,
[Tables] get fetched by Boards dropdown box(es) like so..
CTSBmjy.png

My future wants
Code:
Name highlighting - Simple to do

Mimic Zens shorthand formatting: 
###.#B, ##.##B, #.###B
###.#M, ##.##M, #.###M
etc, admittedly that would kinda obfusticate fudged numbers, however this would be an honor system after all.

concatenate rank name score date into one entry for less janky formatting

Overalls for All-Time and Last 90, looking for workarounds

Filtering entries by a self-populated whitelist, its kinda funny that an honor system needs to authenticate but atleast it would keep potential trolls filtered

Complications
Code:
Originally wanted Overall in a frozen pane and separate tables that scrolled left/right next to it
Google sheets doesn't give the required width*, only length. 
If length was done there's a lot of up/down scrolling between..
[Table] | [Table]
[115 lines minimum]
[Table] | [Table]
*The maximum width is 256 cells wide, we're up to 94 tables * 2 cells (if concatenated), 188..
..okay so if they released 34 more tables then I'd have to think up something else.

oversight on making this an interactable document, fighting over dropdown boxes d'oh

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Or do both.

I don't have $400+ to dump on an XBox and all of TPA (which I'd have to play in landscape, no thanks), now or ever. So... no. I trust my scores, I don't care who else does or doesn't, and frankly I'm happy your scores are tucked away in a nice safe walled garden where I never have to see them.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I think Zeno new community driven leaderboards could make me wanna score better as it would be our community all for ****s and giggles of course expect switty thin swede is going down like donkey kong sister in law

Yellow Dog

Jun 29, 2015
To be honest I only play some tables to try and beat my previous scores and get more Hall of Fame points. I would have no problem submitting by using such a form. I have done this in the past on AngryBirdsNest.
Yesterday I improved my score on Genie and while it saved to High Scores it did not save to Leaderboards and I did not receive my additional Hall of Fame points. Can this be done manually? When I try to save data remotely game just crashes.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts