Game Crashing

phersure

Aug 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I was directed to this forum via Google when trying to find info on why the game keeps crashing. When I initially installed PBA, it never happened. Not even once. But since I've bought a few tables, the game crashes (black screen to PS3 menu) approximately every 30-40 minutes. At first I was just dealing with it, but now I've had 3 different table Grand Champion scores lost because I was only on my second ball when the game died.

I'm not sure if there's specifications I should add other than I'm using PS3 slim version on a Hisense/Roku TV. The game used to show leaderboard information but now it just says that I'm not signed in, even though I definitely am. My PS3 is connected via wifi, not hard cable.

Any advice? I'm starting to really not enjoy this game which is unfortunate since I just dropped $30 on the first pack only a couple weeks ago. I just want my scores saved!

Thanks for reading.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
You score wouldn't have registered anyway since the now long-lasting problem with the PS3 PSN login still hasn't been fixed (VITA and PS4 -obviously also on PSN- are fine).

VincentVegas

Feb 8, 2013
I had the same problem with different tables yesterday. I have been playing the game since launch and own all tables, and this never happened before. After some minutes the game crashes and my console reboots.

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
When I informed Farsight of this problem almost three week ago, they said they were working on "duplicating the problem", I assume which would lead them to be able to fix the problem; I guess they didn't take notes or record the solution to this problem the previous 4-5 times it's happened (since I've started playing Pinball Arcade, at least). This has led me to playing Zen 2 a lot more, where at least my high scores are recorded.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
When I informed Farsight of this problem almost three week ago, they said they were working on "duplicating the problem", I assume which would lead them to be able to fix the problem; I guess they didn't take notes or record the solution to this problem the previous 4-5 times it's happened (since I've started playing Pinball Arcade, at least). This has led me to playing Zen 2 a lot more, where at least my high scores are recorded.

We are currently in the submission process with Playstation to get the issue resolved and to release the rest of the season 6 tables. Sorry for the inconvenience and I'll post any updates as they come in.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
We are currently in the submission process with Playstation to get the issue resolved and to release the rest of the season 6 tables. Sorry for the inconvenience and I'll post any updates as they come in.
The rest of Season 6? As in all of it... for PS3?

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Not a peep about any developments on PS3 / VITA / PS4 in the most recent newsletter (but a Tourney will be starting this Friday!!!)
EDIT: I can play Tourney on my PS4, lucky bastard as I am. Got to get the wife to go in some other room though if she wants to watch TV.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Very happy to hear that season 6 will be released soon for PS3. I assume this includes Vita as well?

I'll be checking every Tuesday and will buy the season pass as soon as it's available. :)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I was curious, will this update also include the fix for Black Knight?

The Black Knight fix (for what?)or emulation?

Very happy to hear that season 6 will be released soon for PS3. I assume this includes Vita as well?

I'll be checking every Tuesday and will buy the season pass as soon as it's available. :)

It will include the Vita as well. We'll make an announcement of when it's scheduled to release.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I'm probably referring to the emulation, as its current state is relatively unplayable.

The emulation update didn't make it into the build. The crashing issue and login issue occurred before we had time to try and address bugs on older tables. It will eventually make it's way onto the PS3 though.

Members online

Members online