Who doesn't own every table?

Watchman

Jun 24, 2017
Why don't you? Which tables don't you own? How do you decide what you will buy next? I know it's better to buy seasons, but I've bought some piecemeal because I wanted them so much. I've got to keep my iOS spending in check.

I've got the base pack and season one, but I have a few packs from season 2, 4, 5 and 6. I could see myself purchasing season 7 based upon what we have so far, but I want to participate on the bleeding edge.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I own a couple tables on iOS. I bought seasons one through three on Steam on sale. If FS upgrades ball physics, I'll happily buy them all. Current physics engine just feels too linear and lifeless.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
On Android, I have been buying season packs starting last season (6), but for the older ones I'm waiting for sales. Got 1 and 3 both on pretty good sales over the last year, holding out for a Season 2 and 4 sale.

The season packs go on sale once or twice a year, although I think it's been possibly 2 years since season 2 was on sale for some reason, on mobile.

It's still fun to play the trial versions, though - most of them give a decent challenge before getting to that first high score.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I own everything on PC, I've purchased Pro Season passes on Day 1 since Season 4 (I started mid-Season 3). The exception being Season 6, which I got through the Dr Who KS.

On Android, I started with a few individual table packs, and I've been back-filling older seasons as they go on sale. So far I'm only missing a few tables from Season 4 (I bought a few individually for tournaments). Non-Pro only. Exceptions are Season 5 (won in TAF KS Gold backers tournament), and Season 6 (Dr Who KS reward). One of the perks of being in the Android beta testing group is temporary full Pro access to the current season, but that goes away when the next season starts, so if/when we move into Season 8 I'll need to purchase Season 7.

I have Dr Who and TAF on iOS through KS rewards, otherwise, nothing actually purchased.

And I downloaded TPA for WiiU, but bought nothing. Just ToTAN!

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I own everything on iOS,and everything released up to date on the Xbox platforms.

However,I only own the 1st four seasons on Steam. I've waited and taken advantage of the really cheap sales to justify it.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I own every table so far on PC... except for Bone Busters. Sorry, I don't think I'm ever getting that one.

I did wait for Steam sales on seasons 1-3, and bought full price on Season 4. But starting with 5, it just became much more affordable to me buying table packs standalone.

Last edited:

Striker

May 26, 2017
Prior to this week, I owned everything but Seasons 5 and 7. Reasons:

- Season 5: I only played two of the pins in real life (Fireball and F-14 Tomcat), and was waiting for it to go on sale. But Fireball kept beckoning. It called out to me, reminding me of all the good times we had at a taco joint across from my high school. I gave in and bought the entire season about 6 days ago. Love Hurricane and El Dorado. Pleasantly surprised by Judge Dredd and Last Action Hero. Stunned that I scored one billion on my first (and thus far only) game of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

- Season 7: Waiting on either a sale or release of WCS94. I bought it yesterday. Since WCS94 was not yet available on Steam, I enjoyed Firepower II and Paragon. Wow, Paragon is hard! But nevertheless a great pin. Gorgeous artwork too.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Why don't you? Which tables don't you own? How do you decide what you will buy next? I know it's better to buy seasons, but I've bought some piecemeal because I wanted them so much. I've got to keep my iOS spending in check.

I've got the base pack and season one, but I have a few packs from season 2, 4, 5 and 6. I could see myself purchasing season 7 based upon what we have so far, but I want to participate on the bleeding edge.

I have put my money where my mouth is when it comes to supporting TPA. I have all but WCS.

Watchman

Jun 24, 2017
My issue is really time. I suppose if you've been around since the beginning, you've been playing tables as they dropped, but a new player, or a player who takes breaks, it can be overwhelming. There are still tables I own from season one that sit relatively unplayed. Why buy more until... some other time...

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I own the first two seasons and some random tables on the Playstation store.

After I got my iPad Air 2 it became my main platform and I own every table on it except Gladiators, Swords of Fury, Paragon, Firepower II, Dr. Who Remix. I bought all the seasons at the time and had to start buying each table on release because iOS won't allow them to do Season passes for tables that haven't released. Not waiting all year and $5 a month is no big deal.

Gladiators I played a lot when the bug on release didn't put a score limit on the trial. By the time they patched it I just never felt like I enjoyed the table enough to buy it. I probably will eventually when I'm really bored.

Swords of Fury I will definitely buy one day just to have but I really didn't feel the need to own it on TPA at release. There's a great SOF by me I've played a lot through the last year. That game is actually lretty boring once you get good at it because it's a lot of grinding the upper playfield. I've rolled the game iver several times IRL, my highest score is over 12 million. I just don't see how the TPA version could ever challenge me.

Paragon because I suck so bad at that table that I haven't hit the score limit yet. (I voted for Embryon, dammit!) Will buy when I do.

Firepower II just because I didn't feel like dropping $5 on a table so similar to one I have already, but again I'm likely to buy it eventually because I do want to have all the tables in the end.

Dr. Who Remix because that table is lame for $10.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
- Season 5: I only played two of the pins in real life (Fireball and F-14 Tomcat), and was waiting for it to go on sale. But Fireball kept beckoning. It called out to me, reminding me of all the good times we had at a taco joint across from my high school. I gave in and bought the entire season about 6 days ago. Love Hurricane and El Dorado. Pleasantly surprised by Judge Dredd and Last Action Hero. Stunned that I scored one billion on my first (and thus far only) game of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

- Season 7: Waiting on either a sale or release of WCS94. I bought it yesterday. Since WCS94 was not yet available on Steam, I enjoyed Firepower II and Paragon. Wow, Paragon is hard! But nevertheless a great pin. Gorgeous artwork too.

Yeah, Season 5 is awesome. I'm a little biased, though, since The Getaway, Judge Dredd and Last Action Hero were all on my most-wanted list and No Fear was a great surprise (though I don't enjoy it in TPA as much as IRL). R911 and TX Sector are pretty underwhelming but Frankenstein is the worst for me. That table is just soooo boring. Forever ball times.

Season 6 is a real mixed bag. Indy 500, Dr. Who & 8BD are really good. The 4 Premieres and Alvin G. are straight junk.

Season 7 had me seriously worried when they followed up Paragon with another Premiere (albeit one of the better ones) and then Firepower II, but WCS and Fathom totally make up for it. Here's hoping the last 5 tables are also on the most-wanted lists. If Embryon is a guarantee and we really are getting another EM- 2-pack I think I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I only have up to season 3. Missed out on the summer sale.

Season 4 has a few tables I might look into. Adams Family Earthshaker and Road show are the ones I like based on the trial.
Season 5 might get the full season.
Season 6 meh.....Swords of Fury, Dr. Who and

Season 7 looking good right now. I like Wipeout and fireball II and World cup 94'... I mean championship soccer. Depending on how season 7 turns out, I might get that too. If it's true that Fathom is the next table, Season 7 is looking pretty solid.

Last edited:

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I don't play much anymore on iOS but still buy every table that is released. For $5 a month, I want to see TPA continue to create tables. Maybe I will get back into it, but hard to beat the playability of the first few seasons.

AndyD

Apr 27, 2017
All for PS4 for me, except the Dr Who masters one, or whatever its called. Simply because its a "fake".

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I only ever bought seasons 1, 2, and 4. The bug reports on Getaway made me hold off on season 5 long enough that I mostly lost interest in the whole thing. When Tarek reports that he can go infinite on things like Getaway and No Fear and Judge Dredd, then I know I could do it too, and may as well just skip it and save the time and money. Finally, my machine can't run SPA playably at all and that's another reason to lose interest.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts