Table Pack #67 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I try not to use brain cells on hypothesizing about getting angry on what might happen.

I maintain it's undeniably Spirit. And if it's not... I'll deny it.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Lets break this down
Stern Ghostbusters - nothing has changed with Stern and their app so far as we know
Haunted House GB re-skin - already available to ios and android players
Sorcerer - would be awesome imo
Americas Most Haunted - would love it but why would Stern allow competitors in?
Banzi Run - cool but fits how?
Medusa - really great game but another streach in terms of the clue
Devils Dare - again cool but no fit
Spirit - seemingly the most logical choice, but the designer...
Goldeneye - would go in SPA
Mystery Castle - would be awesome but doesnt fit
Pistol Poker - seemingly inevitable, but how does it fit the hint?
The leaked EM 2 pack, does not fit
Mr & Ms Pacman - what a great addition this would be
Mephisto - Id like to see it but no fit
Bad Cats - no fit
Roller Games - keep dreaming
Fireball 2 - looks like a great game, but how does it fit

Fathom is "scary" and may be counted as the ceramonial halloween table, which leaves an opening for some other guesses

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
I'm now positive it's Stern's Ghostbusters. I can't remember who, but somebody here correctly pointed out a while ago that the TPA website is only showing 9 table packs for this season, which was assumed to be a mistake.

It's still only showing 9, so what if this is because it will include this more expensive table? They can't sell Ghostbusters at the normal TPA price because nobody sensible would buy it for double on the Stern app. It would also stand to reason that as it's double the price, they don't want to effectively give it away with the season pass, so they drop 1 table pack this season to compensate.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I'm now positive it's Stern's Ghostbusters. I can't remember who, but somebody here correctly pointed out a while ago that the TPA website is only showing 9 table packs for this season, which was assumed to be a mistake.

It's still only showing 9, so what if this is because it will include this more expensive table? They can't sell Ghostbusters at the normal TPA price because nobody sensible would buy it for double on the Stern app. It would also stand to reason that as it's double the price, they don't want to effectively give it away with the season pass, so they drop 1 table pack this season to compensate.

They haven't updated the page for Fathom yet, plus in past seasons when they had Kickstarter tables or the regenerated Dr. Who table the number can be easily expanded. The EM 2 pack will push the number of tables to 10 when the season is over.
Keep in mind the Farsight's newsletter is for both TPA and SPA so I think this month's clue is the first time they have incorporated a hint for both, Ghostbuster's face is for SPA finally getting Ghostbusters on the rest of the platforms and to match up with the Halloween theme. The Facebook leaker said Pistol Poker which would match up with the yellow background since the table has a bright yellow cabinet, this has not been a typical season for Farsight since they had the month to "clean up" TPA so I think the season has been off a month and the Halloween table got pushed back and that would mean Sorcerer is the November table "if" you go by what the Facebook leaker posted. I would absolutely love if the October table is Spirit, it would fit the Halloween theme and be one of the top Gottlieb tables still out there.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
What would really boggle the mind is if they just went straight to 68 and youNEVER knew

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Okay despite my best efforts that got a giggle outta me

I think the followup with Punchy the Clown was even better

If the 69 pack isn't playboy, well, it should just be playboy. But Halloween table with boobs would scare some people.

Last edited:

Burdette25159

Nov 1, 2015
If this winds up being the HH-rethemed Ghostbusters, I would rather buy World (Redacted) Soccer (That's what I'm going to call World Champion Soccer from now on) then a rethemed Haunted House, if it's Spirit, I might buy it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If this winds up being the HH-rethemed Ghostbusters, I would rather buy World (Redacted) Soccer (That's what I'm going to call World Champion Soccer from now on) then a rethemed Haunted House, if it's Spirit, I might buy it.

You should buy the FS version of World Cup Soccer (I refuse to use the new name). It's a lot of fun. You are missing out. Don't let the minor changes ruin it for ya.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
how does the yellow play into the theory that it's a reskinned Haunted House? the clue is an instantly recognizable image of a ghost in a yellow background. Spirit has a ghost in a yellow background. seems a better fit than it being a clue for a much reviled reskin of an already unpopular table.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yeah I'm liking the Spirit idea. There's a lot of yellow on the table (all the drop targets, for a start). I'd be okay with that. Nothing special but a lot better than some of the other crazy alternatives being thrown around.

Also I think the use of the Ghostbusters ghost is just a nod to GB arriving on XBOX/PS4, and its (imminent?) arrival on Steam/Mobile platforms.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yeah I'm liking the Spirit idea. There's a lot of yellow on the table (all the drop targets, for a start). I'd be okay with that. Nothing special but a lot better than some of the other crazy alternatives being thrown around.

Also I think the use of the Ghostbusters ghost is just a nod to GB arriving on XBOX/PS4, and its (imminent?) arrival on Steam/Mobile platforms.

I won't knock them until I try them-but that "leaker" does not inspire enthusiasm about the rest of the season (or series, whatever the case may be).

At this point, I just want (and we will never get) a redux of the first two seasons. There will never be better tables in TPA than the first two seasons' worth-and they look awful compared to latter season tables. White Water is far superior and so much more memorable to Wipe Out-it should not look so inferior to WO. That's just one example-I'm sure other longtime players have their own examples. The BK emulation improved its' TPA experience greatly. But if it takes four years to improve one table, I probably should re-think that whole idea.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Keep in mind the Farsight's newsletter is for both TPA and SPA so I think this month's clue is the first time they have incorporated a hint for both, Ghostbuster's face is for SPA finally getting Ghostbusters on the rest of the platforms and to match up with the Halloween theme. The Facebook leaker said Pistol Poker which would match up with the yellow background since the table has a bright yellow cabinet.

I agree with this.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I'm telling you guys, they used the Ghostbuster ghost's face because it is recognizable as a ghost aka Spirit. If they had just used some other random face no one would make that connection.

The fact that Ghostbusters is rolling out on SPA could be a happy coincidence, it's already out on consoles after all.

It's not going to be the reskin and it's definitely not going to be any version of Stern's Ghostbusters for TPA, that makes no sense at all.

Also, someone please link me tot he Facebook leaker. I definitely don't care about being "spoiled"

Last edited:

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Fathom could be the Halloween table? The Halloween tournaments seem starting today and Fathom is there:

New Tournament

Steam (10/6)

Fathom™
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein™
Bram Stoker's Dracula™
Addams Family®
Haunted House™
Scared Stiff™
Elvira and the Party Monsters™
Monster Bash™

Mobile (10/6)

Fathom™
Bram Stoker's Dracula™
Addams Family®
Haunted House™
Scared Stiff™
Monster Bash™

PSN (10/6)

Bone Busters™
Bram Stoker's Dracula™
Addams Family®
Haunted House™
Scared Stiff™
Monster Bash™

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
They always put the newest table in the tournament, regardless of theme. Fathom being Halloween themed is a bit if a stretch IMO. I mean, I guess the mermaids are pretty murderous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts