Table Pack #67 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
There are lots of great suggestions here for the halloween-themed table. Tizzomr had a great suggestion-but I remember hearing on (I think it was a twitchstream), that FarSight wanted to do this one but were unable to find one in decent condition. This would be quite a feat considering only a few hundred were ever made.

But with people suggesting stuff like Sorcerer, Strange Science, Devil's Dare and Transporter (that one is a find!), it shows that we haven't hit the bottom of the Halloween barrel. TFTC was one of the first tables brought up for a possible halloween table too. (SPA?-I dunno.) Freddy comes up too on the boards, but licensing can't be too easy for that one, and I don't think TPA fans would really want "Frankie-A bad dream on Mel Street".

Any of these would still be better than TPA's 2016 Halloween offering.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
But with people suggesting stuff like Sorcerer, Strange Science, Devil's Dare and Transporter (that one is a find!),

Still kicking myself for not buying the Transporter that was on my local craigslist for $1300. I'm not even that big of a fan of the game, but that was a steal.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
The dude that I suspect predicted Firepower II, World Cup Soccer, and Fathom has made another bold prediction. Pistol Poker, an Alvin G. Table that is even more rare than Mystery Castle according to IPDB.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The dude that I suspect predicted Firepower II, World Cup Soccer, and Fathom has made another bold prediction. Pistol Poker, an Alvin G. Table that is even more rare than Mystery Castle according to IPDB.

I've played it as well. There is one that has shown up at Pinfest the last few years. It is a lot of fun. Fairly easy with long ball times though. So the very good players will get tired of it pretty quickly. The rest of us should enjoy it though.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Would be interested in Pistol Poker. Have yet to play that one. Only seen it once at a show and it was behind a vendor table where they weren't allowing anyone to play it.

I've cooled on Mystery Castle after playing it several times at VFW. It's too simplistic in gameplay and layout. Although it would fit the Halloween theme. Just would not have any legs for long term enjoyment.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014

It is the same guy and we can pretty much count on Pistol Poker being released this season. He has obviously either hacked into Farsight or knows someone who works there that is leaking him the information. Usually Farsight deletes his posts fairly quickly. He did not specify it would be released next, only this season. If Pistol Poker is released after Fathom that means they will have broken the cycle of releasing a Halloween themed table in October. This one would be a stretch. According to Pinside only 200 were manufactured so it is pretty rare. I would hope it is not released next but a better themed Halloween table like Sorcerer or Medusa is.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think this is the season we get Rollergames. But not for the Halloween table. My crystall ball says...
Fathom, Genesis, Rollergames, Pistol Poker, Surf Champ/Buccaneer.

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Looks as good as the "spooky" Gottliebs of late. Just when I thought nothing could top Class of 1812 along came Bone Busters. It's like Gottlieb binned the art budget in the 80s!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'll guess Sorcerer.

Let me third that. I can live without Ace High, but Sorcerer is the MIA table from a previous console release I miss the most. Just that great loud and annoying style that reminds me of Space Shuttle. Something about a solid state table that assaults you sonically that I really dig.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Let me third that. I can live without Ace High, but Sorcerer is the MIA table from a previous console release I miss the most. Just that great loud and annoying style that reminds me of Space Shuttle. Something about a solid state table that assaults you sonically that I really dig.

That loud and annoying style is only so if you weren't there the first time. But that's true of retro-gaming in general, and that's what I love so much about it. And Williams solid states used many of the same awesome sound effects their video games did. Sorcerer is one of the best examples IMO. If I ever found a real Sorcerer machine, that would be an all-day pinball bender for me.

Still, I hope it makes it to TPA-and ROM emulation for it this time around would be a great touch too.

Badfinger

Feb 26, 2017
Pistol Poker works for me, but that leaves 3 packs, some great EMs for a 2 pack, if I pick it's: Big Hit & 4 Square
2 more tables for S7: Bad Cats and Banzai Run would be fabulous and a lot of suggestions would be pleasing like Rollergames or Jokerz!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I love the noise and I do remember these machines when they were new. My kid finds them annoying, haha!

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
So the mysterious Facebook leaker just posted "Sorcerer for this season. Finally!!"

Last edited:

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
So the mysterious Facebook leaker just posted "Sorcerer for this season. Finally!!"

Great news!! World Champion Soccer for # 65, Fathom for #66 and now Sorcerer for #67. Nice run of some great tables. If we finish off the season with Pistol Poker for #68 then EM two-pack (Joker Poker/Abra Cadabra) for #69 and Embryon for #70 this would make a great season. I love Paragon and like FirePower II quite a bit more than I expected. Wipeout is the worst of the bunch but is still okay.

Edit: And in the time it took me to type this Farsight has removed mystery leaker's post. :)

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Geez oh man, too many spoilers. Leakers these days...

Not saying I don't like the leaks themselves, but leave us to have some fun with the guessing. It's just not fun to know what's coming ahead of time.

EDIT: This is one of the many reasons why I stay off of Facebook.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Geez oh man, too many spoilers. Leakers these days...

Not saying I don't like the leaks themselves, but leave us to have some fun with the guessing. It's just not fun to know what's coming ahead of time.

EDIT: This is one of the many reasons why I stay off of Facebook.

Rather odd Farsight can't seem to figure out how this person is getting this information, only reason I posted it was I knew there were people that wanted Sorcerer for the longest time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online