Table Pack #67 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Rather odd Farsight can't seem to figure out how this person is getting this information, only reason I posted it was I knew there were people that wanted Sorcerer for the longest time.

Could be one of their own. Really isn't much they can do to crack down on someone posting from their 'phone while they're out for lunch, or gone home for the day, or whatever.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Okay it's me I read obernolites journal and eat his serial....less said about the vigara the better!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Geez oh man, too many spoilers. Leakers these days...

Not saying I don't like the leaks themselves, but leave us to have some fun with the guessing. It's just not fun to know what's coming ahead of time.

EDIT: This is one of the many reasons why I stay off of Facebook.

Staying off of Facebook? Amen Brother!

And you're right about how knowing in advance isn't that much fun. We've known about Ghostbusters for nine months now.

I'm not-so-secretly hoping it's true that Sorcerer is finally coming, but it's prudent to just wait and see. That one leaked file a couple of years back had many of us speculating about Ace High and The Getaway in season 4. Well TG ended up starting season 5. There were also rampant rumors about A.G. Soccer Ball. I'm glad we got TG, but the absence of Ace High and A.G. Soccer aren't too big of deals for me.

"Leaking" is such an overused term anyway. Kind of like "today a spokesperson revealed......" or "first reports had indicated......"

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If they are going to leak out, I'd rather Farsight make a game of it. Like when they had altered photos of pins. We had fun figuring them out.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Leak away is what I always say.

Console people already know what the next 10+ table packs are going to be anyway.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
The mysterious leaker just posted again on Facebook last night. This one is one of the most requested non-licensed pins remaining and will make a lot of people happy if correct.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Yep. I never played it. Is the vertical playfield actually fun or just a gimmick. The artwork on the playfield looks like it would give you a headache if you stare at it too long.

Both. This is Pat Lawlor's first game for Williams, and one that really set the standards in his future games. Upper flipper shots, shots that go through the bumpers, and later on, references to his previous games like there's no tomorrow.

Every year at ReplayFX, I play Banzai Run. It never gets old; the rules may seem one-sided, but it's really not my thing if I get to play it once per year. I don't play more than one game usually, but I at least want to try to get Rank 1 and a few Victory Laps.

TL;DR: This is a must in Pinball Arcade. This is the only machine with a vertical playfield, and all the callouts and sounds make this game very fun to play.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Both. This is Pat Lawlor's first game for Williams, and one that really set the standards in his future games. Upper flipper shots, shots that go through the bumpers, and later on, references to his previous games like there's no tomorrow.

Every year at ReplayFX, I play Banzai Run. It never gets old; the rules may seem one-sided, but it's really not my thing if I get to play it once per year. I don't play more than one game usually, but I at least want to try to get Rank 1 and a few Victory Laps.

TL;DR: This is a must in Pinball Arcade. This is the only machine with a vertical playfield, and all the callouts and sounds make this game very fun to play.

Thanks Pinballwiz. Only 2 were made but The Pinball Circus also has a vertical playfield.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Thanks Pinballwiz. Only 2 were made but The Pinball Circus also has a vertical playfield.

Not quite vertical. Keep in mind, they're multi-layered and leveled as normal, which gives this feeling of playing upwards.

Banzai Run -- you're actually fighting against gravity instead of a slight slope.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yep. I never played it. Is the vertical playfield actually fun or just a gimmick. The artwork on the playfield looks like it would give you a headache if you stare at it too long.

For me the top portion was cool the first handful of times. But it is clunky feeling, repetitive, and a bit boring after that. The bottom playfield is actually pretty good though. It's not a great pin, but will be a good addition because of its uniqueness.
But that's just me. Many people love it. It has been highly requested, so I'm glad to see it coming.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012

ANYONE who has been reading my posts for years here knows just how long I have waited and wanted Banzai Run. Its unique,a good Williams System 11 pin,some of the best music for a SS pin - etc.etc.etc.

I'm very happy,but I'll wait until its comfirmed until I start celebrating.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Banzai Run -- you're actually fighting against gravity instead of a slight slope.

Zen's paranormal activity has a vertical playfield and the physics feel pretty close to banzai run.

Banzai's vertical playfield is kind of fun, definitely can be challenging and serves an important purpose (locking a ball).

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Zen's paranormal activity has a vertical playfield and the physics feel pretty close to banzai run.

Banzai's vertical playfield is kind of fun, definitely can be challenging and serves an important purpose (locking a ball).

I hate Zen's vertical/mini playfields-but that's mostly because I'm gawd-awful at them.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Mystery leaker has posted the EM 2 pack on Facebook, check it out before it is removed or pm me to find out which ones.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Mystery leaker has posted the EM 2 pack on Facebook, check it out before it is removed or pm me to find out which ones.

Thanks Blkthorne. I really wanted the first one he mentions. The second one might be good too. I get the connection. Both are made by the same company and the artwork is done by the same artist.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Looks like I missed it. If someone wants to pm to me what the em tables are, I promise not to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online