Bug Double Advance Rules

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I thought I must have misremembered the rules when I played the TPA version, but having since seen a couple machines behave the way I remember I'm wondering if the rules implemented in the TPA C37 are correct. I don't have (and probably can't decipher) a schematic so perhaps there's options on the table itself as a machine setting.

In any event, on the real machines I saw, the Double Advance is only lit for the remainder of that ball, not the rest of the game. And I also seem to remember that if you get all the drops down and then hit the reset target before Double Advance, both go out and you'd have to clear the targets again to go for Double Advance. I'm really not sure about that one and I couldn't duplicate the conditions on the machine (i.e. I wasn't good enough in the field test).

Logically, it seems like Double Advance should be lit only for the current ball, otherwise it becomes the primary strategy and your immediate goal. With it only lit for the current ball, it becomes more important to light the ABCD lanes to benefit from the advance on the targets and/or any subsequent Double Advance that ball since the ABCD lanes do stay lit for the entire game. Sometimes, however, if you've got several targets down it might be worthwhile to go ahead and clear them to shoot for DA depending on current game status - whereas DA lit for the entire game once achieved doesn't really give you as many decision points to consider while you play.

If anyone has the machine or from experience knows the proper behavior I'd be curious. I think the current implementation may be incorrect, but again maybe it's some sort of machine option. Perhaps some one can set me straight or if it is wrong, Farsight can correct it in the near future.

Thanks.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Update:

I got an email that stated that whether Double Advance is lit for the entire game or just the current ball is, in fact, an operator setting and factory default is lit for rest of game. That implies that the few real machines I've played were simply set the other way.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.