300M Dog Bonus

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
I had a game today in which I accomplished this goal (finally!) but, as sometimes happens, was not awarded the goal itself.

For those of you who got it, does it have to be exactly 300 million? Or can it be 303 million? Or 600 million?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
On ps4, the upper sling does not light the light that should make the bumpers increase the dog bonus like the instructions say. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Edit: just watched a video of wipeout on PC. PS4 version is definitely bugged

Last edited:

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
I felt like this wizard goal was much more challenging than it should've been. First because you have to get 100 pop bumper hits on a single ball, and second because it can be tricky to hit the right inlane to light the dog bonus. I built up a 300M dog bonus 3 other times only to fail to hit the right inlane before losing the ball. Majorly frustrating! Then I discovered the technique for hitting the inlane with a really quick right flipper shot, but it might take you a few tries to make this work.

So here are some tips for this wizard goal:
  • Try not to start multiball for as long as possible because the "Release Slalom" light that cycles between the outlanes can be a life saver. This light is like a ball save and will release the ball at the top of the skip slope if you hit the lit outlane. This light goes on as soon as you lock your first ball and goes off when multiball starts. I was never able to figure out how to relight it. It does not relight if you lock more balls.
  • Always nudge when you shoot the ball to the upper bumpers to ensure it hits them. If you hit that loop and miss all the bumpers the ball tends to shoot straight toward the right outlane! And even if it hits the right inlane, then the dog bonus light will go out shortly and you'll have to relight it in order to continue building it up. There is also always the risk of cashing the bonus in too early which could be very sad if you're close to 300M!
  • If the ball looks to be heading straight down the middle, there's a good chance you can let it bounce right off the center post for a recovery. You'll see this happened to me in the video and I fortunately didn't screw it up by raising the flipper!
  • Lastly, be patient. That may sound obvious, but it's easy to forget. This is not necessarily a "hard" goal, but it takes patience and persistence. You will get it eventually if you keep at it!

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Try not to start multiball for as long as possible because the "Release Slalom" light that cycles between the outlanes can be a life saver. This light is like a ball save and will release the ball at the top of the skip slope if you hit the lit outlane. This light goes on as soon as you lock your first ball and goes off when multiball starts. I was never able to figure out how to relight it. It does not relight if you lock more balls.

I was able to re-light the outlane light after I started and timed out STRIKE mode (@6:45 in my vid below). Not very helpful, but still. Your tip about lighting the dog bonus was extremely useful, especially since I just couldn't hit the damn shot after lighting it. Took me 3 approaches, and I was sweating bullets while nearly draining at one point. Only 1 table left (Pistol Poker) and I'm done with this trophy nightmare!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.