7.4.0 - First impressions

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
Things I've noticed (so far...) -

- The Gorgar score display is fixed!
- Keyboard/Mouse Control options appear to have been fixed!
- Wizard33 mentioned a scrolling bug in the table selection section... I've noticed a similar problem (perhaps the same one) where while scrolling down through a long list of tables, if you overshoot, and attempt to scroll back up, you are unable to do so (table selection snaps back to the currently selected table)... You either have to scroll down through the entire list again, or launch a table, exit from it, and then you can scroll up. This problem persists. I hadn't mentioned it previously, since it was implied that we would be getting an update to the table selection system sooner, rather then later, but this has yet to happen.
- At (very) random times, one of the flippers will become 'stuck' in the 'up' position (usually the right flipper). Pressing the flipper key again will 'unstick' the flipper, but it's still a bit disconcerting...
- The mechanical plunger animation still appears very slow, although previous issues with the plunger 'power' appear to have been addressed.
- The overall ball movement animation still appears to be a bit off... Not so much a reduced frame rate, as perhaps dropped frames (this can also be seen in the table 'flyovers' before/after gameplay).

I'd like to request that upon the release of new versions of TPA, a comprehensive list of what's new, what's been fixed, or changed be published either on the main Farsight site, or here on the forums for each platform supported for those of us who have an interest in such things... Frankly, 'New Table added' and/or 'Bug Fixes' doesn't really tell us much, and for some of us, knowing what specific issues have been addressed, or features added, is very useful information.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd like to request that upon the release of new versions of TPA, a comprehensive list of what's new, what's been fixed, or changed be published either on the main Farsight site, or here on the forums for each platform supported for those of us who have an interest in such things.

This has been requested in the past numerous times by numerous folks. A comprehensive list has never been given. They might list which tables had bug fixes or mention a specific game breaking bug fix, but they have never supplied a deatailed list of all changes contained in an update. I agree that it would be very helpful, but it would be a surprise to get it.

Jay

May 19, 2012
The upper flippers in El Dorado are dead.

I wish Farsight would update their menu system for Mac. It's been broken for about a year.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.