Any tips for playing on Android?

Jiveturkey

Sep 9, 2017
Like bang backs.. Ive never done one even on ps4 tpa. Is it even possible.. Or anything else that might help. I feel like I'm better with a controller but Dunt wanna brick phone. Can't think of other thing I wanted to ask but it was about tips basically... Thanks lads

I played tpa on ps3, last tables I bought were either white water or star trek. I bought a phone off a buddy and Lone behold every single tpa table.. Its beautiful man, id love to play these in real life.. Im in pittsburgh, I know there's alot of pinball stuff going on here, if anyone going to some of the places out here and want company lmk.. Is that one place still in Carnegie? I know it was flooded 10 years ago maybe. I live 10 minutes away.. Anyways I'm so happy I can at these tables, I'm kinda addicted sensory overload, I need to get some work done damnit

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
You can try and connect a USB controller to your Android device using a USB on the go cable. That requires no root as far as I can tell.

The other option is to get a Moga controller that uses an app to provide the Bluetooth stack. The Moga Pro was used to originally create the controller mappings on Android.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Like Jared points out, you don't need to root a device to use a controller anymore. Most connect via Bluetooth, if you're phones less than 3yrs old approx.

I use a Moga Pro sometimes, but have a 8bitdo Zero keychain controller too for on the go.
Or if at home an Nvidia Shield K1 with the controller.

Jiveturkey

Sep 9, 2017
Ok ill look into it more... I looked into for a nes emulator and it said I needed root so I figured for everything it was needed. I suppose not though...
Thanks guys

AnvilCloud

Jun 25, 2016
Ok ill look into it more... I looked into for a nes emulator and it said I needed root so I figured for everything it was needed. I suppose not though...
Thanks guys

Many emulators pick up on a connected Moga controller automatically, though some might need the help of one of the Moga VK (virtual keyboard) apps.

One or two nice features of the controller is that it will double as a PC game controller, and I can actually use it to control my phone(not gaming related) from a distance.

Bought a Moga GC years ago and love it for non-touchscreen gaming on android. Pretty solidly built too.

AFA NES, do check out the Pin-Bot Nintendo game if you haven't already. It is more than just an 8 bit version of the real thing. Probably the first game I beat as a kid and what helped get me into pinball

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.