Stern Pinball Arcade will be coming to the Nintendo Switch!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
That´s fantastic news - I´ll definitely be getting a Switch eventually (waiting for it to mature and maybe get a new revision, but within the next few years), so having it portable with physical controls and hopefully full lighting effects would be really cool.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
That would be my game plan too, I'd love some local multiplayer bomber man and Zelda too but at current prices and charging flaws ...maybe a revision could fix those errors and add some more battery life, tho ex ternary battery packs are pretty cheap these days if you had a long weekend

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
That´s fantastic news - I´ll definitely be getting a Switch eventually (waiting for it to mature and maybe get a new revision, but within the next few years), so having it portable with physical controls and hopefully full lighting effects would be really cool.

If you remember how long it took FarSight to get (some of) TPA on the WiiU, then you have nothing to worry about. By the time you get one, it may or may not be yet available.

I just hope the release for it is not as borked as was the release last Christmas. Be warned though-it will never get updated.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

If you remember how long it took FarSight to get (some of) TPA on the WiiU, then you have nothing to worry about. By the time you get one, it may or may not be yet available.

I just hope the release for it is not as borked as was the release last Christmas. Be warned though-it will never get updated.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Meh, after the ****ty support they gave to Wii U owners, I wouldn't give them another cent.

Agreed. Over 100 bucks invested on the WiiU, and the never got the pro controller support and they never even updated once to fix the lighting problems. I am now stuck with only Steam, and with all the awesomeness of FX3 on that platform, I am probably done with Farsight too. This is not about a comparison between the two games, but entirely Farsight's poor product and some blame goes to Nintenddo as well for dumping the Wii U. Switch... noo way for me. TPA...probably done for me too, I'll only play what I already own on Steam. Both companies lost me. Too bad.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
According to this link, early December for Stern Pinball on the Switch. Of course, might be important to wait for the first patch... so maybe buy it early December 2018?

The trouble I have is that I have many of these already for the PS3 and while they would be upgraded, I think only GB and Star Trek are calling to me. Maybe Ripley's. I hardly play the ones I already own. Obviously Star Trek and GB would be new.

Playing in portrait mode sounds nice in theory, but the screen really isn't big enough to justify playing it undocked, in my opinion.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
According to this link, early December for Stern Pinball on the Switch. Of course, might be important to wait for the first patch... so maybe buy it early December 2018?

The trouble I have is that I have many of these already for the PS3 and while they would be upgraded, I think only GB and Star Trek are calling to me. Maybe Ripley's. I hardly play the ones I already own. Obviously Star Trek and GB would be new.

Playing in portrait mode sounds nice in theory, but the screen really isn't big enough to justify playing it undocked, in my opinion.

I have noticed no difference at all between the older tables on SPA and their counterparts on TPA. They play exactly the same and have the exact same maddening goals. Well, I take that back-on SPA they do take much longer to load.

The speculation is that the Switch is easy for programmers to use. Then again, so was the WiiU. But the Switch seems to be selling well enough-the only remaining question is whether or not FarSight can handle a Switch version when SPA and TPA on existing platforms needs so much work.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Portrait mode for Nintendo Switch was just announced as part of the 12 days of Christmas on Farsight’s Facebook page. When it will ariive was not mentioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.