Mobile Pinball Suggestions?

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Hey, guys. I've been away from pinball (and this forum) for a long while now. Decided to start my return to pinball with a purchase from the Google Play store. So, I'm wondering if I should buy Zaccaria Pinball, Atomic Pinball Collection, or maybe some other pinball app you'd care to recommend.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Zaccaria is a fine plentiful app 40 plus tables with more to come plus a pinball editor

Atomic do really good fun tables but there’s only sporadic updates with no new tables in sight....

I’d suggest sampling them via the free stuff then decide on your personal tastes

A pseudo pinball experience I suggest pinout fun stuff

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Oh, cool... I didn't know about the Zaccaria editor. I was already leaning heavily towards Zaccaria's all-inclusive gold membership, so it's reassuring to hear the app is still being actively developed.

Will hold off APC, until I can sample the free versions.

Yeah, I installed Pinout, after reading the thread on it.

The thread on Wicked Pinball looked promising as well, but sounds like it'll be a long wait before they move on to consoles, let alone mobile platforms.

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I was not aware that Zaccaria was still doing mobile updates, there hasn't been a new table since Red Show in September of 2015 and the last Android update was right around that time. I believe they have moved to working on the Steam version exclusively.

That said, it's still dollar for dollar a great value, especially if you like EMs and 80's SS tables, there's so much variety and some really great table designs. You can tweak all the physics and many other factors (flipper length, etc.), which you can do differently on different tables to add to the variety and make things feel more or less realistic. You are getting more tables than you do with a TPA season pack, for less money. It's a different game but quite deep and excellent as well, and the customization options give it a lot of replay value.

You should also definitely be looking at Zen Pinball if you have not already, they are the other big virtual pinball company (bigger than FarSight) and their tables play really nicely on Android. The standalone Zen "Bethesda Pinball" has a really good model where you can get the tables for free by playing and scoring well, I find that model pretty engaging and fun.

Other games I like:
- Atomic Pinball Collection, it has two tables that are quite well done.
- Pro Pinball - TimeShock, it has just one table but arguably the most realistic ball physics of any game. Worth the money.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
+1 for atomic, especially rob-o-bot.

You can buy it and try it, nowadays I think you have 2 hours to get an instant refund if you don't like it, so it's like a free 2hour demo.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Snowball and PinOut are definitely worth a look! They are both addictive, challenging, and a lot of fun!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2016
100th post!

One of the big pleasures of upgrading to the Galaxy S8 has been getting the complete Zaccaria gold package. The tables may not be as famous or as playable as TPA's. But once you get full control of the lighting effects (and you get *a lot* of control) the pinball simulation effect is amazing. But you need an Android device with the power to handle it. Some tables are better than others, but I appreciate having the whole "arcade" to choose from when I want a quick game break. TPA can suck a lot of time out of an hour, but Zaccaria is sweet for the quick fix.

BTW, it appears this is it for mobile and new Zaccaria tables. I didn't know that before purchasing, thinking I was going to get The Mummy and other cool sounding tables. Nope! These boards can be a little misleading in that regard.

Definitely get Atomic Pinball Collection. So much fun. They did a great job.

Pro Pinball Timeshock certainly looks amazing. Even better eye candy/demo material than Zaccaria at full blast. But I don't find playing it all that fun. Mileage may vary.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I was under the impression new tables plus the editor was eventually coming to mobile is this no longer the case?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Bah, then to those I say patience grasshopper!

They are good guys/gals/whatever, they seemed to focus on steam for the last couple of years but the resources are just finite, I’m pretty certain they will deliver a few features even if they cannot backport some of the more advanced pc features.

Besides even if this is it for the price experience and customisation it’s the perfect game for any true pinballer, for a mobile game it’s amazing...anything else is gravely afaik I got more than my money’s worth as I’m sure most would agree!

I’m just happy to play them again tbh haven’t had a tablet in 30 months 2 years due to breakage...6 months r so with Apple getting their ghoulish dropped with 5th gen ipad

Edit - a tablet is a gift for any digital pinballer, I’ve a few health issues that prevent me from using a controller atm(I’m working n a miricale or two from Spanish Jesus) so the last few days I’ve not even been able to avaerage 20million in taxi and bop got balls now wtf(in the best sense) I’m a little tight on n cash but AC/DC is like 13-14 dollars in local money.....no Bon Scott either!

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
^^ Re: Zacc, this. ASK are a small shop, smaller than Farsight as far as I'm aware, and they seem to be concentrating on one platform at a time. For a long time Zacc was only available on iOS, before they ported it to Android, and finally Steam. Now it looks as if they're concentrating on getting everything into Steam, before porting back to mobile devices.

And, not a pinball game, but a recommendation, if you like learning curves that are more like learning 2000ft sheer cliff faces, and if you feel you have too much hair and too much sanity and want rid of both, get a game called Geometry Dash. It's only $1.99 (and an additional $3.99 if you want the Steam version). Endless hours of entertainment - and that's just trying to complete the first level.

Phil_194

Jul 9, 2017
I don’t think I’ve tried all of them, but here are the ones I thought we’re well crafted (and I’ve probably played over 90% of IOS pinball games):

[in order of preference]

1. Pinball Deluxe: Reloaded [like early 90’s pinball, but greatly improved upon, extremely well thought out].
2. Pinball Arcade Plus [same as Pinball Arcade but with bonus content or IAP’s].
3. Stern Pinball Arcade [great simulation, but like TPA has it’s fair share of bugs].
4. Pinball Cadet [imaginative, fun for kids. sequel titled ‘Pinball Invaders’ incoming].
5. Snowball! [plays similarly to Pinball Cadet, fun times].
6. Pinball Tristan [if you want to get your Mom into pinball, this game is an excellent way to start].
7. Handheld Pinball [bagatelle style - has the feel of an old flash game, fun for kids].

Bonus game: ‘Perchang’, a game of skill that features pinball elements. Recommended:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8lAmQvuMzc

Members online

Members online