Fathom Update Live on iOS, Can't Download/Buy Table

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I was able to download it last night. Two things I found odd about the sound. First, it’s too high pitched which can be adjusted on the squawk and talk board. Second, I’ve never heard a Fathom say “Mermaids Trapped.” I’ve always heard “Mermaids captured” when a ball was locked. I heard on the Twitch stream that FarSight did not buy a Fathom but went to a museum to do their research on the table. I’d like to hear more on how that went.

Listen to this. The voice is deeper.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4J478FnD-WU

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I heard on the Twitch stream that FarSight did not buy a Fathom but went to a museum to do their research on the table. I’d like to hear more on how that went.

I’ll second that for a dollar!

Yo [MENTION=4301]Jared[/MENTION]morga [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] ya need mug someone who was there onto the podcast and interrogate/ask nicely about this and the experience

karl

May 10, 2012
Yeah....that's why I'm not updating to iOS 11 until all the kinks are worked out. Plays fine with current version. Just the Fathom not showing up in purchased menus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The strange thing is that the app worked just fine on dx 11 before installing the Fathom update, Looks like I am the only one having this issue. Strange?????? (PS! when I say fast, I do not mean normal farsight fast. We are talking fast forward x 64)

Edit: Never mind. Didn't see the dedicated thread for it before now

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I’ll second that for a dollar!

Yo [MENTION=4301]Jared[/MENTION]morga [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] ya need mug someone who was there onto the podcast and interrogate/ask nicely about this and the experience

On the rare occasion a table they wish to do is either too hard too find or too expensive to purchase at the time, FarSight has available to them the Pinball Museum in Banning. Well over 700 pins, they open the place to the public a few times a year (not how they intended, but city zoning will only permit this). They allow FarSight to borrow the machine and do the usual tear down they do. Then FS has to return it, and if any further hands on time needs be, they can just visit it privately whenever (location is just a touch beyond the base of the mountain FS is on).

From what I've gathered, this has only been done by FS once or twice before. Of all the tables done, FS hasn't sold a single one, just put in storage.

So that's the story without me even talking to anybody, because I've had this convo in the past. If there's ever any hope of us getting Big Bang Bar, this will be where they find it. Same goes for a lot of EMs. It's a great resource for FarSight, but not one the plan to use but on rare occasions. What they will use it for is for hands on time prior to deciding which tables to do. Norman and Mike go to these shows and get exposed to machines all the time, but other decision makers are going solely off memory or videos. This museum allows a more informed choice, if need be.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
As thread creator I just wanted to say that I was also able to get the table.

I assume it was a server issue and the app was making a server call that couldn't be answered. The missing icons is still a problem for the next update.

The table plays really good and it's such a great game. The playfield art is some of the best ever, IMO. My biggest disappointment is really just that iOS TPA looks so flat. The app can't do justice to the real game's beautiful blue bumper jets and the drop targets look really flat.

One thing I noticed is that the score limit isn't active so you can play the trial for free as long as you want. I even placed 4th on the local leader boad on my first game. I think the last time this happened was Gladiators. Expect this to be fixed asap with the icon fix but if you really want to get a feel for the table before comitting it's Free Play.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts