A question for those who'd like more licensed tables

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
I'm sure that most on this forum like myself would love to see tables such as 'The Shadow', 'Jurassic Park', and 'Tales From The Crypt' on TPA but naturally these would likely cost a lot for the license. So what I am asking is would people really be against Kickstarter campaigns for these tables? I know for one such as 'JP' or 'Shadow' I personally would in a heartbeat but I'd like to know your opinions on the subject. It sadly seems that most tables have little chance of appearing otherwise so would anyone really be against this?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I’d probably kick in for just about any licensed pin. But I think it would have to be a highly requested pin for the masses to jump on board. Something like Lord if the Rings or the Simpsons would get plenty of support. IMO pins like Tales From The Crypt or Shadow would be a bit of a struggle. But that’s my gut feeling on this.

Nov 18, 2016
It depends on the table, but I would be into it. The tables listed interest me, especially (*especially*) The Shadow. I have some regrets not having pitched in for the Kickstarters of Doctor Who and Addams Family, considering how much I've played the TPA versions. So, yeah, open up for one last big one like Jurassic Park (or preferably, the one with the guy the big hat, big nose, and big guns).

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I don’t know why they just don’t charge a premium price for licensed tables. Farsight knows we all want these. I would be more than happy to pay $15.00 for Indiana Jones, tales from crypt, Jurassic Park etc. forget the kickstarter with free games signed posters a tour of farsight. Just charge a premium for games with expensive licenses. You mean to tell me farsight doesn’t have $50,000 to pay up front and make the profit on the back end. Most businesses I know don’t ask the consumer for money up front to make a product for the consumer to buy.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
There are people that can't afford to pay that kind of price. The Kickstarter helps to bring the pin into TPA at a price that more people can afford. I don't mind giving big to the Kickstarter nor do a lot of others. More people get to enjoy what they might not have access to.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Also, paying more for a finished table is too late in the process. They most likely need the money up front to obtain the license.

Striker

May 26, 2017
Depends on the pin, of course. For me personally, Jurassic Park, Simpsons, Indiana Jones or LOTR would get my support. (I don't recall ever playing Shadow, so I have no attachment to it.)

The problem, I think, is many of these franchises are somewhat active -- still releasing movies, TV shows, games, etc. So the licenses remain high. Shadow surprises me, though - how can it be that high? The IP is a forgotten movie from the 1990s based on a radio serial from the 1930s. Maybe the license holders are just greedy.

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
I'm surprised licenses like 'Shadow' or 'Tales' are so damned high. The Shadow wasn't exactly a hit film but maybe its more for the likenesses than the actual title. I was hoping with SPA that data east tables like JP would be able to come over or Simpsons PinParty but who knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.