First Impressions

Striker

May 26, 2017
I never played Fathom in real life. What a blast! I love the speak-n-spell voice and the artwork. The gameplay is easy to follow. So far my best score is ~2.5M. Seems it's all about MB and getting that bonus up to 55k to achieve monster scores.

It's currently hard for me to make the shot into the lagoon trap. I have yet to find the best angle for the right lower flipper to consistently hit the lagoon - my shots tend to find the spinner instead, or lack the oomph to make it all the way to the lagoon. The right upper flipper has plenty of oomph, but it's a high risk using it - a miss and the ball tends to go out of control super fast.

The cave trap is much easier, so I tend to stick with that. Bottom third of the left flipper always tends to hit the cave.

The extra ball hurry up is not a difficult shot to make. The hard part is getting the ball back to the left flipper in the 10-15 seconds the EB light stays on.

I admit I did not pay attention to the side lanes at first and had to do a double take when the ball drained in the near right lane the first time I played. ("Whaaaaa....? Oh.....") I can get lucky and sometimes bump it onto the flipper, but I can't do it on a consistent basis.

Two bugs I have noticed thus far:

1. If two balls occupy the same space on a flipper (like if you're trying to catch and hold two on one flipper during MB), one tends to literally fall through the flipper and drain. Happened twice so far.

2. Harmless bug, but the TOTAN intro music plays when you pull Fathom up in the arcade.

So far I love this pin! Would love to see it in a bar or arcade out there somewhere and play it in real life.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
A bug I've noticed (on Android at least): sometimes at the start of a game, the blue lagoon multiplier targets are up instead of down. It seem to happen if I start a new game after rage quitting.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
A bug I've noticed (on Android at least): sometimes at the start of a game, the blue lagoon multiplier targets are up instead of down. It seem to happen if I start a new game after rage quitting.

Rage resetting can do that to you. So don't do it.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Playing on Android, I'm liking this table a lot too.

It took a while to get the Extra Ball standard goal, it seems pretty much impossible to aim for and hit the "1" target from the left flipper. I started doing post transfers and hitting it from the right flipper, that feels a lot more natural. The left flipper in general seems to be tuned to really want to railroad to the cave or to the spinner area.

The other slight annoyance is that after hitting start, it takes literally 10 seconds for the table to set itself up and have your ball ready to launch. I imagine this is part of the emulation and that the real-life table does this, so I guess I shouldn't complain, but I don't know of any other TPA tables that take anywhere near this long, most are 2-3 seconds at the high end.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah the table does a diagnostic on the inline drop targets each time it starts. it drops each target (whether they are up or not) then checks that all are down, resets them, checks they are all up, then drops them again, and then checks they are all down. If any of this fails. the softwar tries to compensate around it.

It's done because they are so important to the gameplay.

geohoo

May 31, 2013
I really like this game. I'm playing fairly long and satisfying games and understand the rules as far as i can tell. For a while a I was in the top 12 or so, 9 for a little bit. But all of a sudden, during the past week I think, I'm in like 5000th place and the people who are ahead of me have many times my score. My best score is 10,711,370 which is good for 4751th place. Did everyone find a way to multiply their score legitimately? Some secret way to score that I'm not seeing? The top scores are now in the billions! I don't get it. My Hall Of Fame points is something like 700, FYI.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I really like this game. I'm playing fairly long and satisfying games and understand the rules as far as i can tell. For a while a I was in the top 12 or so, 9 for a little bit. But all of a sudden, during the past week I think, I'm in like 5000th place and the people who are ahead of me have many times my score. My best score is 10,711,370 which is good for 4751th place. Did everyone find a way to multiply their score legitimately? Some secret way to score that I'm not seeing? The top scores are now in the billions! I don't get it. My Hall Of Fame points is something like 700, FYI.

Ghostbusters beta in Android likely bugged the leaderboards out.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Thats correct.

Hello flippy any chance of making the score display on genie a little bigger for iOS? I have an iPad Air 2 and it’s so small it’s hard to read. I’ve been telling farsight support for six years now and they tell me they know about the problem. It can’t be that hard to make it a half inch wider.
Thanks Gary

geohoo

May 31, 2013
Thanks FlippyFloppy & Pinballwiz for the responses. I'll guess they'll fix the issue with fathom high scores eventually.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
This is kind of a gruesome theme for a table, when you think about it: mermaids attempting to drown people. Also, the Speak'n'Spell "HELP ME" freaks me the heck out. I went to the pinball database and looked at the promo flyer, which was done like a comic book ... there's a whole backstory about the mermaids drowning people. Someone had bad dreams the night before they designed this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.