Bug Lights Out @ GhostBusters (but also having a lot of fun) & missing feature?

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I was having my first somewhat serious play with Ghostbuster this evening when this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWpbzq4Sfvw

All the lights went out on the playfield, even during the modes & multiballs that followed. Only after the ball drained, everything returned to normal.

For the rest, I have been having quite some fun. All the standard goals are done, busy with the wizart goals right now. Scoring.. well, I'm not that good: Only 890Mio or something.
I was wondering though if Farsight also included the Banshee scream. I haven't heard it yet, while on the original table I heard it quite often. Anyway, I'm also gonna try the midnight maddness 2 hours from now :) :)

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Playing for several hours, thís bug didn´t appear to me.
About your scoring: Don´t worry, I´m not much better. Only 1,7 Billion points on this great table. Easy to Play, but challeging to master. I love these kind of Pins. 3 wizard-goals left. Table Looks great, sounds great and plays great. Well done FS. But why are there no trophies for GB on PS4?

P.S. For all having the "draining-issue". Let the flippers down, when the ball in the left hole ejects. Works well, no draining anymore at this Point.

Last edited:

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Playing for several hours, thís bug didn´t appear to me.
About your scoring: Don´t worry, I´m not much better. Only 1,7 Billion points on this great table. Easy to Play, but challeging to master. I love these kind of Pins. 3 wizard-goals left. Table Looks great, sounds great and plays great. Well done FS. But why are there no trophies for GB on PS4?

P.S. For all having the "draining-issue". Let the flippers down, when the ball in the left hole ejects. Works well, no draining anymore at this Point.
I had the bug a 2nd time yesterday. Again after hitting the library sinkhole...
My highscore is close to 1.2 Billion at the moment. Also not as high as I would wish, but... I like this table a lot, so... I hope I'll master it someday. On the real table, I experienced it was easier to hit the left train ramp, making it easier to get the storage facility multiball. Also, doing something with the flippers when the ball came out of the left sinkhole, wasn't making the ball drain as easy as in SPA. I am also missing the BANSHEE scream: Haven't heard it up intill now. And... it seems that they dind't include the midnight madness: I played at midnight last night, and nothing happened :;(

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Sounds like it could be the screaming librarian that causes the bug. It's a random thing that happens on the real table; once in a while when you shoot librarian sinkhole the game stops, a scary ghost appears and screams louder than anything! Would really turn heads and scare people at my local arcade.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Sounds like it could be the screaming librarian that causes the bug. It's a random thing that happens on the real table; once in a while when you shoot librarian sinkhole the game stops, a scary ghost appears and screams louder than anything! Would really turn heads and scare people at my local arcade.

Yup, that's the one. And I have the idea it's missing in the SPA version...

Icepagoda

Jun 6, 2014
There are two "screaming" events on the real table depending on the code. I assume that the bug is triggered at the end of Spooked Librarian when she screams after the final shot is made in the mode (and maybe only when the last shot is the library sinkhole itself as I've not had it happen in any other manner yet). The other screaming ghost mode is the scare feature when you hit a sinkhole (not usually during an active mode), the machine goes completely dark and then the ghost screams loudly and resumes play. I've not had that happen to me on the Xbox version yet, so I don't know if that event is turned on for the rom set they used (just like how Mustang never uses the diverter ramp).

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
There are two "screaming" events on the real table depending on the code. I assume that the bug is triggered at the end of Spooked Librarian when she screams after the final shot is made in the mode (and maybe only when the last shot is the library sinkhole itself as I've not had it happen in any other manner yet). The other screaming ghost mode is the scare feature when you hit a sinkhole (not usually during an active mode), the machine goes completely dark and then the ghost screams loudly and resumes play. I've not had that happen to me on the Xbox version yet, so I don't know if that event is turned on for the rom set they used (just like how Mustang never uses the diverter ramp).

I've just had that happen to me too under multiple circumstances. Dead thread but need to revive this.

I remember one game activating all 3 of left scoop mode, Tobin's Guide, and Extra Ball, and that happened. I also just had Tobin's Guide activated alone, in a video I just made.

Spooked Librarian scream doesn't toggle the lights out bug. But I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the periodic scream that the game is supposed to make. That just plain turns out the lights.

EDIT: NOPE, it's not the random banshee scream.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online