Your impressions of GB

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Dear friends of pinball,
I would like to hear your opinions about the Ghost Busters table. Maybe you would like to rate it.
I´ll give it a 9,5 out of ten. Great work FS!

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i`ve been playing it for awhile on XBOX , i reckon it`s one of the best tables . great gameplay , great visuals and great music and sounds . like Bo a 10 !!!:cool:

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Great table two issues the DMD is too dark (DX9) and the sound is a little weak/crackly. Though audio has never been Farsight's strong point.

Last edited:

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Great table two issues the DMD is too dark (DX9) and the sound is a little weak/crackly. Though audio has never been Farsight's strong point.

The Audio on Ps4 is not so bad, it´s quite satisfying, even (you are right) Farsight never flatters our ears :eek:

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I've played it in real life and also like the version FS has made. I am missing the midnight madness mode & screaming librarian though :-(

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I can confirm that Midnight Madness is present and correct in the Steam version. It did start chiming at 11pm, I didn't count the number of chimes, but Midnight Madness kicked in like clockwork (badum-tish!) at midnight. Flippers went dead, ball drained, mode started, and ended when 1 ball was left.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I'm on Steam, should I buy it within TPA or within Stern app for best experience? Or does it not matter - read some reports about performance.....thanks

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm on Steam, should I buy it within TPA or within Stern app for best experience? Or does it not matter - read some reports about performance.....thanks

It's cross-buy so if you buy one, you get it in both. Since it's not out in Steam SPA yet, get it in TPA.

It's possible that the SPA version will perform better than the TPA version (it does on Android), but since I've had zero issues with the Steam version so far I don't think it'll matter that much.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I can confirm that Midnight Madness is present and correct in the Steam version. It did start chiming at 11pm, I didn't count the number of chimes, but Midnight Madness kicked in like clockwork (badum-tish!) at midnight. Flippers went dead, ball drained, mode started, and ended when 1 ball was left.

OK, I'll have another try soon. Last time I tried, nothing happenend at midnight on my PS4. Just kept on playing as usual.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
OK, I'll have another try soon. Last time I tried, nothing happenend at midnight on my PS4. Just kept on playing as usual.

Midnight madness worked for me at exactly midnight last night on iOS mobile. It was pretty cool.
Haven't tried on PS4 yet.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
had a few games on steam via free table play. Performance is OK on my laptop, but the flow of the table is frustratingly slow.

start a game and it takes too long before you can plunge the ball.
the cut scenes take for ever - totally destroys flow of the game.

is this per play on a real table or something screwy with the emulation?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
had a few games on steam via free table play. Performance is OK on my laptop, but the flow of the table is frustratingly slow.

start a game and it takes too long before you can plunge the ball.
the cut scenes take for ever - totally destroys flow of the game.

is this per play on a real table or something screwy with the emulation?

The cross the streams video mode does run slower than the real version (which makes it easier to complete), but I think the rest of it runs about the same as IRL (i play on iOS and ps4).

modern sterns do have some wait times between events - i think it's supposed to build anticipation - my pinball peeps at the barcade have the timing down to a science where they will walk away from machine, enjoy (or slam) their beer and be back at the flippers at the exact moment the ball is released (it's kind of cool).

if you are not drinking, on game of thrones you can skip all the cut scenes by pressing both flippers... they are cool to watch the first hundred times...

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Nice table visually, lots to do, lots to look at. Too bad about: the ball magnets, the deadly return from the library scoop, the unhittable left and right ramp shots, the unhittable captive ball shot, etc ... basically I can't hit a damned thing in this table reliably and it's a drainmonster.

For what it's worth the two or three times I actually got to play this table in the one place in town that ever has pinball machines (always effing late-model Sterns, alas), I couldn't play it worth a damn there either.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I only tried the table out for a quick session so far, but I got the impression it plays a lot like the real thing. That means it's not necessarily a very flowy flailing table. The approach is more controlled, methodical, systemised, trapping stop and go, post passing and so on. I do like that in a table so I think it's pretty fun.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Nice table visually, lots to do, lots to look at. Too bad about: the ball magnets, the deadly return from the library scoop, the unhittable left and right ramp shots, the unhittable captive ball shot, etc ... basically I can't hit a damned thing in this table reliably and it's a drainmonster.

For what it's worth the two or three times I actually got to play this table in the one place in town that ever has pinball machines (always effing late-model Sterns, alas), I couldn't play it worth a damn there either.

I'm not having to much trouble with this table.
One hint: Don't touch your flippers when the ball comes out of the library hole. It will just bounce of your right flipper and stay in play.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.