BlahCade Weekly Zen Tournament

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My apologies folks, setting up a new tourney this week kind of fell to the side. Don't worry though, I'll post a new one next week for sure. In the meantime, here are the results from Shamen...

Elvisplate 362 million (on one stinking ball? C'mon!!)
XAF//SMerrell>> 53 million
TheHatchet18 15 million
Stuzz 14 million
pinballr 13 million

I will say Shamen is much better than I recall, but I still don't like it. Those drop targets are in such an odd place, I hate having to do hit a hole, hurry-up and hit the jump ramp, and then complete the mini playfield, and THEN shoot for CHAOS just to start the modes. That's a lot of work! And why no multiball? Your ball gets captured if you hit the left ramp when lit, so what the hell?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, we're back at it. Seeing as how Shark Week just happened and The Meg is in theaters, we gotta play Jaws, am I right? Classic mode, no extra balls, 3 balls, 5 attempts.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Okay, we're back at it. Seeing as how Shark Week just happened and The Meg is in theaters, we gotta play Jaws, am I right? Classic mode, no extra balls, 3 balls, 5 attempts.

As a huge fan of the movie... I think the table designers at Zen that were given the Jaws table, just don't get the movie at all. Heck, when I was watching the film in the theater in (was it 1975), these guys weren't born yet. Quint is nowhere near the well developed movie character, whereas in the Star Wars for example, they are much better. And Matt Hooper and Chief Brody aren't even reperesented in the dialogue.

It's a good table from a pinball perspective, table but as a licensed product of the film JAWS, it seriously falls short.

BTTF seems much more true to the film than this one does.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just don't think Jaws is a good pinball theme. Water and pinball? At least with Whitewater I get your ball is a raft shooting down a path, but Jaws is open water and your ball would sink! I think Universal may have picked the titles just to see what they'd do with them before handing over the Jurassic Park license. Or that's what I choose to believe!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I see people weren't afraid to go back into the water with Jaws. Here's the chum that rose to the top...

1. TritiumLUPsClub 74 million
2. RUDST0N 48 million
3. RaidTiziri 46 million
4. jamman39 42 million
5. raimon230 35

I watch a lot of car shows despite having not one inkling of interest in working on a car myself. I play a lot of pinball, and have not one inkling of interest in playing this week's table V12. With that in mind, I wanted to see what scores were possible in classic mode, with 5 balls, but only 3 attempts. And if anyone can tell me what the hell you are supposed to shoot for on this table, I'd much appreciate it!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The nightmare that is V12 has mercifully come to an end. Apparently some of you out there actually know how to play it...

1. Cantankerous-- 72 million
2. TheHatchet18 57 million
3. ccl78 22 million
4. dave950lam 19 million
5. vitalshown 15 million

For this week's table we're going to dip into another Star Wars table, simply because there's so many and we've only hit five so far. The Clone Wars has super flow, is a little bit confusing at first, and very much Zen in terms of not a real world possible table. 3 attempts but otherwise it's full upgrades any which way you choose. I expect to see some monster scores this week.

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
F Point Rain. Move yer own blargin ship.

Fun table with occasional interruption to help your friends move.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Everyone have a good time with The Clone Wars? Here's the top five...

1. TheHatchet18 435 million
2. dirtyepic_sk 196 million
3. TritiumLUPsClub 166.7 million
4. Xanija 166.5 million
5. Mayerinator50 165 million

I'm having some login issues or something today, so I haven't set up a new tourney. Might just do a 3 day one so check back Wednesday!

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
Everyone have a good time with The Clone Wars? Here's the top five...

1. TheHatchet18 435 million
2. dirtyepic_sk 196 million
3. TritiumLUPsClub 166.7 million
4. Xanija 166.5 million
5. Mayerinator50 165 million

I'm having some login issues or something today, so I haven't set up a new tourney. Might just do a 3 day one so check back Wednesday!

It got me to actually learn the rules to a zen table. Looking forward to this week!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Alright gang. I know I said we might do a 3 day, but that means I have to start back up the other branch of FX3 to get the tourney running since I'm using the beta version to play the demo of these new WMS tables. I'm sure plenty of others that play our tournaments are doing just the same. So we won't have a new table until Monday. In the meantime, I'd like some table suggestions you all want to play as well as conditions to play them in. So post those here and I'll pull from that. See you all Monday!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I completely lost track of what we played already. Did we have Dr. Strange? One ball, 5 attempts, no upgrades, only wizard power: Rewind.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I'm have a 3 day BttF survival mode one running now if you're so inclined.

There were 2 of those running, not sure which was yours. Ended up at 62M after a few goes - didn't quite finish the last stage of the second mode or it would have jumped up a bit more.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Alright, we're gonna go with the first suggestion for this week's tourney, by playing Doctor Strange. 1 ball, rewind wizard, and only 5 attempts. Brutal!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.