BlahCade Weekly Zen Tournament

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I tried a 3 ball game as well (with wizard rewind, multi-ball bonus, and time saver), got over 1B, and first time I started all 6 year modes (just didn't finish the last one to get to wizard mode) which is 2 further than I've got before - still not in top 300 for the table though! Can't see that the end of ball bonus score is added to the total - can easily be 10s millions if the multiplier is at 8 or 10.

Edit : had another go today on same settings and made it to wizard mode, and got to the 5th year going through them a second time, ended up with over 1.6B which is in top 100.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So who besides me wants to go back in time and post a much better score on Back to the Future? Here's your top five...

1. jwillan 215 million
2. JasonVoorhees>>GER<< 201 million
3. zmcvay 167 million
4. Andin83 141 million
5. V-Hannity 137 million

This week it's once again my favorite thing to do, a movie tie-in tournament! Unfortunately for me, the Venom table is a complete mystery to me with a very odd table layout. So for selfish reasons, we'll be playing classic 3 ball, extra balls included, and a very generous 10 attempts. Good? Good.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Unfortunately for me, the Venom table is a complete mystery to me with a very odd table layout.

It feels a bit experimental, I don't like how the different parts of the table don't feel connected. My tips are to master getting the ball past the WEB Vari-targets. Get that down and you have an infinite ball save. Easiest way to safely get points is the Jailbreak mini-table that can be reached by spelling CARNAGE on the lower ramp. Multi-ball is also worth a lot, you can lock a ball by only spelling 2-3 SUIT letters, but if you get all four it activates kickback in 1 outlane. Getting to the wizard mode is hard, mainly because of the Planet of the Symbiotes mode, which is tough to activate (inlane to light an ALIEN lane on the upper table for a few seconds. I believe you have to do this five times) and tough to beat (Complete the WEB, GOO, and SUIT targets under a harsh time limit)

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
Venom FAQ:

What is there to do on this table?

A: Carnage.

What's up with these SUIT targets?

Should I play through the main modes or go mess around with whatever the hell is happening on the top level?

Why are there double flippers up there with nothing to aim for?

Is that a bell?

So the only thing that really gives you points on this table is...

Seriously why didn't they just make this a Carnage table?

A: Good question. Also, Carnage.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm not sure I'm getting that message clearly enough. Maybe one more time to what aspect on the table I should pay attention to?

Hehe. That was funny stuff.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I have just launched a tournament for "The Getaway". 5 min., 5 tries, only wizard power: score boost. The tournament will run for 3 days.

Surprisingly you will find the tournament when searching for Xanija.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I have just launched a tournament for "The Getaway". 5 min., 5 tries, only wizard power: score boost. The tournament will run for 3 days.

Surprisingly you will find the tournament when searching for Xanija.

Just asking to be sure (I don't have my switch near me atm): in the first post of this thread the Switch isn't mentioned (probably because pfx3 wasn't out yet when this started), but these tournaments are full crossplatform (so including Switch) I gather? I also assume you need Switch online (and/or Live gold, PSplus) for it, but I'm covered there at least.

So was able to indeed join on switch minutes before the tournament ended. Kind of a pity theres no crossplatform friendslist.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
So, the Getaway-Tournament ended with 44 participants. Unfortunately 2 of my 5 games ended without me getting the chance to play 5 minutes, because there's still a bug with this mode, where sometimes, when the ball drains, it just finishes the game and collects the bonus. Did anybody else have this problem as well?

Here are the results:

1. Roli Palics 266,667,160
2. davel950lam 257,218,450
3. CrazyNewt 242,507,140
4. zmcvay 228,067,300
5. shutyertrap 172,692,270

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Happened with my last go, not that I was going to be troubling the leaderboards anyway as I've not managed to work out how to semi-reliably get a super-jackpot (let alone more than one) which makes c.120M a good score for me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well well, so Venom was a table. I fully took the earlier advice given and purely shot for Carnage. Let's check the results to see how that panned out...

1. NimbleLee 534 million
2. KILLzzzGORILLAZ 516 million
3. zmcvay 312 million
4. dave950lam 151 million
5. shutyertrap 140 million

Hell of a strategy! What an insanely lopsided, one shot table to play! With that in mind, this week's table is Wild West Rampage. Have you seen how massive the table guide is for this thing? Lots and lots to do! This time it's play whatever upgrade you choose, the catch being you only get three attempts.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just seen the results - think its safe to say Sheriff Evans got the better of everyone apart from Tha Shizzel 420 & born2late. Very easy to get c.60 million using the hidden skillshot (+skillshot & score bonuses), c.80 million some of the time, c.100 million on a really good game but beyond that its a mystery to me how to get a particularly decent score. I suppose 5th isn't too terrible.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So am I the only one that didn't realize how much of Wild West Rampage is the same layout as Addams Family? Huh.

1. ThaShizzel420 255 million
2. born2late 197 million
3. templer666 86 million
4. TritiumLUPsClub 79.8 million
5. jwillan 79.2 million

We'll join the fray of Williams tournaments finally by playing Medieval Madness, but don't get excited yet! Survival mode with rewind, pop bumper, and multiball bonuses in effect, and you only have 3 attempts. Hey, gotta keep it interesting, right?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Quick question. With 3 attempts your best score is used, right?

I would question the usefulness of rewind in Survival or any timed/infinite ball save mode, but I didn't make the rules ;)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hehe, you’re not wrong about that. Initially I was going to make it a 1 ball tourney so that’s why I set that. Then I changed my mind and forgot to change it. Still, useful if you didn’t want to shoot the wizard hole cuz you were trying for full multiball, but accidentally did.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
That wasn't a problem in my game. It's fairly obvious especially with the Multiball upgrade that keeping multiball going is the key to scoring big. Full Madness Multiball plus the odd castle keeps things ticking over nicely.
Hehe, you’re not wrong about that. Initially I was going to make it a 1 ball tourney so that’s why I set that. Then I changed my mind and forgot to change it. Still, useful if you didn’t want to shoot the wizard hole cuz you were trying for full multiball, but accidentally did.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Members online

Members online