BlahCade Weekly Zen Tournament

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Well hot damn, that Walking Dead survival tourney was a bear! I had one game where everything seemed to go right and the rest were a mess.

Same happened to me. And it was the first or the second game, where I achieved the score. But I really like the challenge mode.

I personally don't like the table, but since it's in theaters this week we'll play Thor.

I must say, after having the direct comparison between the movie which I saw yesterday and the table, the movie was a much better experience.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I did have a thought, and wondering how receptive people would be to it...

Should I run multiple tourneys the same week, and then whoever posts the best total score wins? Just a thought.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
You can't run more than one tournament at the same time.

And, to be honest, I would first want Zen to give the opportunity to create tournaments with a limited number of attempts per player. One table per week is fine for me with the unlimited attempts.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
One a week is fine.

Another thing that would make tournaments really interesting if Zen could somehow impliment your last score is your current score.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You can't run more than one tournament at the same time.

And, to be honest, I would first want Zen to give the opportunity to create tournaments with a limited number of attempts per player. One table per week is fine for me with the unlimited attempts.

Oh yeah, forgot that one hiccup!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If I actually visited the Zen forums I'd be all over suggesting more tournament parameters. The more variations that can be added, the better.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okee dokee, here's the top 5 from this last week's tourney on Thor:

1. shutyertrap 228 mil
2. NimbleLee 180 mil
3. Crepello55012 99 mil
4. mik_el74 73 mil
5. cc178 69 mil

Now that I have seen Thor: Ragnarok, turns out World War Hulk ties in just as nicely, so that'll be this week's table. 5 minutes, any upgrade you want, 7 day tourney. As usual, search 'shutyertrap' to join.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's the results from World War Hulk:

1. shutyertrap 134 mil
2. NimbleLee 76 mil
3. Xanija 58 mil
4. XAF//SMerrell 52 mil
5. Crepello55012 43 mil

Gonna take a week off with the holiday here in the states, but will announce a new table on the weekend. Thanks for playing everyone!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ah, thanks for the reminder!

This week we will be going way old skool, and playing Rome. This will be a 1 ball tourney ending on Saturday. You can use whatever upgrades you'd like.

As usual, search shutyertrap to find tourney.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Did we do anything to annoy you, Chris? This table is goddamn awful, lol :D

Why do you think I only made it a one ball game?

I've kinda got the table figured out in my head, but executing is sometimes a pain. For instance, that skill shot is beyond precise and I've only managed to hit it maybe 3 times in well over 50 ball launches.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We had a good turn out of players for Rome, 33 in total. Here's your top 5...

Voo 69 mil
NimbleLee 61 mil
shutyertrap 41 mil
LordSqueak 37 mil
Johni3w6 29 mil

Seeing as how Star Wars: The Last Jedi is almost upon us, let's hop on that hype train! This week's table is Star Wars: Droids, one of those under rated tables I happen to think is a lot of fun. For that reason, it's gonna be a normal 3 ball game so everybody gets a chance to see what it actually offers. 5 day tourney, 1 upgrade, so choose wisely!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey thanks for running these, they are a bunch of fun.

Also, thanks for the BlahCade podcast, I do enjoy it.

Happy to do so! Even if you keep posting scores that I then spend the rest of the week trying to catch.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Hey Chris, how about this: Instead of you choosing the table to play, have the winner of the tournament choosing the table and the mode. That is, if they are registered here. Or, have the top three choose a table and the highest ranked player's choice will be used as next table. Maybe just as a rule - no tables, which have already been played in the last x weeks. Thoughts?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey Chris, how about this: Instead of you choosing the table to play, have the winner of the tournament choosing the table and the mode. That is, if they are registered here. Or, have the top three choose a table and the highest ranked player's choice will be used as next table. Maybe just as a rule - no tables, which have already been played in the last x weeks. Thoughts?

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but I'm not quite on board either. For one, I don't want to wait for responses as I tend to post the next tourney real soon after the one has ended. A semi solution to this would be that winner is picking for not the upcoming week but the one after, but then I have to keep track of those things. Two, I don't like using this forum as a poll gathering place for our podcast shenanigans. We have a website, email, and Twitter handle, and we have asked people to use those things. Unfortunately some people refuse to deal with Twitter, some people plain don't listen to our podcast, and others don't like the idea of having to sign up for an account on this site. I suppose I could be persuaded, but I'd need the request from more than just a couple of users. Third and final is, I'm having fun making the picks! There is nothing stopping anyone else from making their own tourney, that's the beauty of what Zen has set up. Now if it's a case of promotion, here's my suggestion:

1. If anyone has a suggestion for a table and tournament parameters, email us at blahblahblahcade@gmail.com or send a not via Twitter [MENTION=5676]Blah[/MENTION]Cade
a) Does not mean I'll use it right away, but sell it to me. I like theme weeks that correspond to what's going on in the world.
2. If you are the winner for the week, set up your own tourney, tell us the name to search for with either of the two methods above, and I'll post that to Twitter and here also.
3. We'll always have the shutyertrap tourney, but I'm not opposed to playing 2 tables during the week!

My experience with running TotW and Tournament of the Month led me to believe the majority of people like a passive experience. We've also encountered this with our podcast, where despite having a good sized audience, they just aren't that interested in actual interaction. I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Of course there's a new tourney this week! But first, old business; top five for Droids were...

1. NimbleLee 170 mil
2. shutyertrap 168 mil
3. dirtyepic_sk 155 mil
4. tritium03 153 mil
5. poppa-nodz 149 mil

Continuing with the Star Wars theme in anticipation of Friday, we'll be playing The Force Awakens in a 5 minute setting, any upgrades. It's live now, so get to playing! You have 5 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.