Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Force Awakens 5 minute tourney is over, here's the results:

1. Xanija 98 mil
2. NimbleLee 84 mil
3. pr0mkin6 68 mil
4. tritium08 60 mil
5. Fallen-Angel421 57 mil

So I have to know, what was the strategy you used Xanija and NimbleLee because I tried and tried and couldn't top 57 million (I lost 5th place by 400,000). By the way, 33 players this time. It's just like when we were playing tournament of the month!

So enough of this Star Wars business, what do you guys say to playing one of the new tables? They're free for 2 more days, so nobody should have the excuse of not owning it! Preferences to which, and what the set up should be? I'll post the tourney as a 5 day on Monday, so you have until then to weigh in.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
First of all: I maxed out the skill shot (it helped I already played this table before the tournament). Using the skill shot bonus plus the double points wizard bonus gives 12m right off the bat.

I played szene one and got a 20m bonus in the end incl. double points wizard bonus. I made sure not to hit the center hole before the lanes to add up the bonus were deactivated, so once I got over 500k I used the multiplier as well.

I also had a good run with the BB-8 minigame, I think up to 1.6m

And then I got the Rathtar game, which is nice with the multiball bonus and the multiplier multiball. I believe I also had the freighter in this game, but that was just the cherry on top.

I'm all for the carnivals and legends table. I think I would prefer the Son of Zeus table, adventure land has very busy graphics. I always like having the mulitplier wizard power, it's a great way to boost the score, if you know when to hit it.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Never thought of applying the multiplayer to the skill shot. Still have troubles with the 2x power up - I wish you could press the button to activate and press again to deactivate. Holding it down while using the shoulder buttons to flip feels like finger twister.

I like son of Zeus. Still have 1st place on mobile leaderboards from my 2nd play through on launch day, 282 mil. Before you laugh at the score, the mobile version doesn’t have any power-ups so did it old school (and on a touch screen}

Wish there was a tournament setting like operators set IRL. 3 ball game and extra balls turned off. In tougher tournament i have even seen ball save turned off.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Wish there was a tournament setting like operators set IRL. 3 ball game and extra balls turned off. In tougher tournament i have even seen ball save turned off.

Doom essentially has that with its "Nightmare" difficulty choice. From a tournament perspective though I don't think there's a way to enforce that because it's a player choice after they've started the game.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, this week's tourney is live now and for the next 5 days! We'll be playing Son of Zeus in normal play, no wizard upgrade but yes to 2 passives. Search 'shutyertrap' to find tourney.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Ok, after a few medicore games I was finally having a game to beat your score. Not sure if I will try to beat my own score now... But since the table is fun, who knows...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well Son of Zeus was fun, wasn't it? Not too hard to figure out what to do after playing a bit, just difficult to actually do it! Wide separation with the scores this time:

1. Pinballwiz45b 849 mil
2. Voo 649 mil
3. Spectral2k9 335 mil
4. burrito20568 257 mil
5. Xanija 234 mil

So what shall we amuse ourselves with this week? I've never put any time into Fallout, so let's do that! Normal play, no wizard, upgrades are pre-selected. 7 days to play, so see you on the boards.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Wow, my schedule got all wonky with kid not in school and the holiday, to the point I forgot to play this week's tourney with Fallout beyond the first day! Here's the results:

1. XAF//SMerrell>> 312 million
2. NimbleLee 171 million
3. Voo 97 million
4. tritium03 84 million
5. dirtyepic_sk 65 million

Considering my forgetfulness and a lower than normal player count possibly due to vacations, we're gonna take a week off. I'll post a new tourney on Saturday. So what do you all wanna play?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
One of the more recent Marvel tables would be great. Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers Age of Ultron or one of the Women of power tables. You probably want to keep the Avengers table for the release of the the Avengers movie though...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Think Zen is working on a Black Panther table? And I'm still waiting on a Moon Knight movie so I can understand what the hell that table is about!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I am hopefully optimistic about getting a last Jedi table soon. In the past the SW tables have been releases 3-4 weeks after the movie launch.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I am hopefully optimistic about getting a last Jedi table soon. In the past the SW tables have been releases 3-4 weeks after the movie launch.

Especially since they already have a Han Solo table and there wouldn't be a new movie coming out for a year and a half. I need me some Porg multiball!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
They even had 2 tables for Ep. VII - we demand no less for Ep. VIII :D

</entitlement>

Good point about Moon Knight, but true for some other tables as well. Never read Marvel Comics.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Venom, A-Force, Champions, and Moon Knight are pretty much the only one's I've got next to no understanding of the back stories to. I've been able to piece together most of Infinity Gauntlet thanks to all the Marvel movies, and Fear Itself was sorta explained by the GotG movie except for having Hulk and Cap and Thor and Iron Man in it. Okay it's not explained at all!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
What, too many Star Wars tables? Or are you one of 'those' people that hated the movie?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.