BlahCade Weekly Zen Tournament

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Alrighty then, here's the top 5 from our Star Wars: Ahch-To Island tournament...

1. tritium03 336 million
2. Xanija 155 million
3. cc178 104 million
4. shutyertrap 101 million
5. selektor6 75 million

If you know me and how I like to tie things in, then this week's table will be of no surprise, Marvel's Infinity Gauntlet! This is one weird ass table, so you're gonna wanna practice on it before actually playing in the tournament. Why? Because you are only getting 3 attempts! Good news is it's regular, 3 ball, any upgrade you'd like. 5 day tourney, so plenty of time to boost before playing.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I tried to warn everyone about how weird Marvel's Infinity Gauntlet was! Even reading the rules is a bit odd, until you practice a bit and then they come into focus. Anyway, here's how that table shook out:

1. Pinballwiz45b 330 million
2. shutyertrap 273 million
3. TheHatchet18 99 million
4. dautry76 44 million
5. Chalmecatl 38 million

Did you guys enjoy the 3 try only rule? Here's hoping so, because I'm using it once again for Adventureland. To be extra cruel, you only get 2 balls and it's being played in classic mode. At least extra balls are allowed!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Amazing how you can do so well in practice on your own and then when you play in the tournament you completely shat the bed, right? It's why I love limited attempts! Such is the tale of Adventureland, and here are the peeps who clearly have front of line status...

1. Pinballwiz45b 75 million
2. SolaTerra 72 million
3. TheHatchet18 33 million
4. ZehMAGICMIKE 24 million
5. Johni3w6 20 million

So my computer's motherboard took a dump (it lasted 10 years) which means I'm relegated to trying to play Zen on my laptop. I literally have to turn every bit of graphics fun off, and the ball still isn't at 60 fps so my scores are gonna be abysmal until I can get a new desktop rig. But hey, at least I can still set up tournaments! The new season of Archer started 2 weeks back, so let's play that. Here's the deal, you only get one attempt but 5 balls. It's in classic mode too, so no help whatsoever. Danger zone, indeed!

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
Hol' up!

This is what the final standings looked like to me via the Switch...

original-52e10b48ba884d8e012ef0d7393c5124.jpg

My position is of no consequence, but why are things different? (note that 20m for Johni3w6 is nowhere to be seen).

Cheers
Stuzz

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Hol' up!

~snip~

My position is of no consequence, but why are things different? (note that 20m for Johni3w6 is nowhere to be seen).

Cheers
Stuzz

That IS weird. It shows that I'm 1st on the PC side of things.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I agree, that's strange. I wasn't sure if the Switch was even able to join in, if Nintendo had isolated that ecosystem or not. And for Johni to not be listed, I wonder what system he is playing on that the Switch is not recognizing.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just sent a tweet out to Zen to see what they say. Johni3w6 is a PS4 user. I don't know what the other top 4 use, but it's not a PC as their avatar was generic (you only see the avatars of people playing on whatever system you too are using).

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
I agree, that's strange. I wasn't sure if the Switch was even able to join in, if Nintendo had isolated that ecosystem or not. And for Johni to not be listed, I wonder what system he is playing on that the Switch is not recognizing.

Yep, no problem joining on Switch, unless it's a table that isn't available there. I dunno what a full count of Zen tables is, but Switch currently have 36 of them - no Marvel or Star Wars being the bulk of the missing I believe.

Will be interesting to hear Zen's feedback.

For now, I'll go buy Archer and get my game on!

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Hol' up!

original-52e10b48ba884d8e012ef0d7393c5124.jpg

Cheers
Stuzz
Have no idea why I'm not on your list, could be because Sony decided not to play nice with the other systems.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
Have no idea why I'm not on your list, could be because Sony decided not to play nice with the other systems.

Perhaps. But as far as I can tell, the only system anyone needs to play with is Zen's leaderboard system.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well that's the thing, Zen originally stated that Steam would be able to see all scores, but PS4 and Xbone wouldn't be able to see each others, only Steam and same console. So you not seeing Johni3w6 and him not seeing you makes sense, but since I'm on Steam I should see everyone. That's why I always come back on here to post final results. Other than Pinballwiz45b, who also plays on Steam, 2-5 all had silhouette avatars meaning they were on PS4 or Xbone. Yet you were able to see those too, except for Johni3w6. I can't make heads or tales of it!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hope you all enjoyed your time playing Archer. I didn't play because my laptop just can't handle it. Have you all checked out Archer: Danger Island yet? Quite funny, and it's doing a whole mess of callbacks to a very obscure 80's TV show call 'Tale of the Golden Monkey' which yes, I did watch in my youth. Anyway, here's the results...

1. Mayernator50 246 million
2. Pinballwiz45b 164 million
3. TheHatchet18 28 million
4. Megalfobia 23 million
5. Xanija 18 million

If you have no clue what movie is opening this weekend, shame on you. Here's a hint...it's Deadpool we'll be playing this week for our FX3 tourney. Classic mode, no extra balls, but to make up for it you get 5 balls. Deadpool would like it that way. Also, only 3 attempts. Good luck!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Apparently y'all would rather watch Deadpool than play Deadpool. Only 15 competitors this go around, but here's your top 5:

1. TheHatchet18 54 million
2. dave950lam 51 million
3. Johni3w6 44 million
4. COMEMELOTO380 37.8 million
5. ChosenThekiller 37.3

Once again this week's tourney will be tied to a movie release. I know we've already played Han Solo in the past, but c'mon now! So to make things exceedingly interesting, we've got a 3 day tourney with a single entry. Your one advantage is you get 7 balls, and if you know this table at all you'll know that is more than enough. Hoping I'll be able to join in this one too as all the components to my new PC are arriving today and tomorrow and then I get to build it (my first PC build, yikes!).

Oh, and for the record, Deadpool 2 was all kinds of good. You can check out my review here https://medium.com/blahcade-pinball-podcast/a-blah-review-of-deadpool-2-2-more-5df7ef6bbd6b

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I agree, for me I try to line up the shots for the bar.
I tend to fail at that a lot of times because of shooting the ball the other way and then it moves the person at the bar back one or forward one spot.

Tough table.
Han Solo... cool, now if I only had an idea what this table wants me to do...

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Oh, our friend Jared has joined the dark side of the gaming world, i.e. Steam. Just saw you on the leader board for this tournament. Welcome.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So who went and saw Solo? *raises hand* My quick take? Enjoyable, they didn't embarrass themselves, lots of fan service, but ultimately it's a prequel. I have a hard time connecting with prequels as we already know the outcome. Anyway, here's how our Han Solo tourney went:

1. tritium03 1.1 billion
2. NimbleLee 128 million
3. shutyertrap 91 million
4. redeadening 75 million
5. britishcolumbian 68 million

Here in the states, with this being Memorial Day weekend and all, summer has officially started. Nothing says summer like burgers, so let's play Bob's Burgers! 1 ball but anything goes so long as you do it within 5 attempts. Good luck!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Lots of players ate at Bob's Burgers last week, with many new names in the top 5:

1. TritiumLUPsClub 214 million
2. vermillon 150 million
3. MrAlligator54 120 million
4. JasonVoorhees>>GER<< 93 million
5. TheHatchet18 87 million

For this next week, we're gonna play No Fear, er I mean Ghost Rider! And since it's not very popular and most people haven't earned upgrades, we'll keep it a little more fair by playing in classic 3 ball mode with extra balls. You get 5 attempts.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Ghost Rider! Actually the first Zen table Jared, you and I were batteling against via Twitter. I don't remember who won in the end, but I have a feeling it wasn't me.

Members online

Members online