BlahCade Weekly Zen Tournament

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Another week, another table battled. Here's the results of Ghost Rider...

1. bejitosan 63 million
2. demosx9 59 million
3. ETHAN_2828 56 million
4. shutyertrap 51 million
5. NimbleLee 48 million

So as I am want to do, I like to pair tables with movie release if at all possible, but obviously there is no Incredibles table in FX3...but there is Fantastic Four! Next best thing, right? Playing classic mode, no extra balls, 2 balls per game, 10 attempts.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm guessing not many people owned the Fantastic Four table seeing as how only 14 played it. Here's the results...

1. TritiumLUPsClub 216 million
2. Brummpony 71 million
3. aicdragon 53 million
4. TheHatchet18 39 million
5. Salxixafrita 36 million

This weeks table is the painfully obvious choice of Jurassic World since duh, it opens this week. You only get 3 attempts but it's anything goes.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Why does Zen keep copying me with their tournaments? Maybe mine are warm-ups! Here's the Jurassic World results:

1. TheHatchet18 121 million
2. cc178 64 million
3. shutyertrap 60 million
4. NimbleLee 34 million
5. eebbid 33 million

No movie tie in for this week, so let's look to the news. Hmmmm, lots of immigration stuff so...Mars! Where all humans will eventually have to go. Playing in classic mode, 3 balls, extra available, 5 attempts. Beware of Kuatto.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Is this tournament still active? Can't find it. Neither when searching for your name, nor when adding Mars to my favourites and filter for favourites.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Is this tournament still active? Can't find it. Neither when searching for your name, nor when adding Mars to my favourites and filter for favourites.

Hmmm, looks like I set it up as a 3 day tourney instead of 5. That's okay though, nobody wants to be on Mars that long! Results and new tourney will be posted on Monday.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Playing Mars was a bit of a throwback to tables of old, yeah? Here's how that shook out...

1. pinballr 338 million
2. shutyertrap 102 million
3. zpuanuel 83 million
4. Jojo 60 million
5. NimbleLee 58 million

Well it's the week of 4th of July, and here in the States that means lots of flags, lots of bbq, and lots of fireworks. To the rest of the world it's just Wednesday. But too bad, you're all gonna have to get patriotic with us as we play American Dad in classic 3 ball mode with 5 attempts. 5 day tourney (I swear this time!) to get your flag in the air for.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For some reason it says I have 10 attempts instead of 5.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, nothing I can do about it now. That’s 2 weeks in a row I must have accidentally clicked wrong. Bad SYT, bad!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Wow, we had probably the closest tourney ever this past week on American Dad! Check out the top 3 scores...

1. shutyertrap 149.6 million
2. xaviermac 149.14 million
3. Stuzz 149.13 million
4. CRY5TALIZATI0N 98 million
5. OnlyGrapeApe 85 million

Now I know we've played it before, but you know me and the movie tie-ins, so welcome back Ant-Man. Since we've played it before though, time to get brutal. Classic mode, no extra balls, 1 ball, 3 attempts. Good luck!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You guys certainly didn't go small with your Ant-Man scores! And only on a single ball?? Daaaammmmmnnnnn.

1. TritiumLUPsClub 624 million
2. NimbleLee 250 million
3. Goldy,www.LUPsClub.com 182 million
4. Pinballwiz45b 132 million
5. MCHannieB 91 million

In wondering what to play this week, I decided to dip into one of those tables I despise, El Dorado. Just a terrible layout and way too many ill defined goals. Normal play, choose your own standard upgrades, 5 attempts. Enjoy?

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
You guys certainly didn't go small with your Ant-Man scores! And only on a single ball?? Daaaammmmmnnnnn.

1. TritiumLUPsClub 624 million
2. NimbleLee 250 million
3. Goldy,www.LUPsClub.com 182 million
4. Pinballwiz45b 132 million
5. MCHannieB 91 million

In wondering what to play this week, I decided to dip into one of those tables I despise, El Dorado. Just a terrible layout and way too many ill defined goals. Normal play, choose your own standard upgrades, 5 attempts. Enjoy?

El Dorado is a great choice, as I have to say I am a big fan of almost all of their original designs over the licenses (as a general rule, not always).

Mc Hannie B

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
El Dorado is a great choice, as I have to say I am a big fan of almost all of their original designs over the licenses (as a general rule, not always).

Mc Hannie B

So help me appreciate El Dorado because other than V12, it’s probably my least liked table. I hate how all the play field art and plastics blend together, I hate that upper left flipper shot into god knows what. The rules are a muddled mess (as they are for V12, Tesla, and Shamen) and I can’t make heads or tales of how to do anything even after reading the table guide!

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
So help me appreciate El Dorado because other than V12, it’s probably my least liked table. I hate how all the play field art and plastics blend together, I hate that upper left flipper shot into god knows what. The rules are a muddled mess (as they are for V12, Tesla, and Shamen) and I can’t make heads or tales of how to do anything even after reading the table guide!

I agree on V-12 but strangely, Eldorado is one of my faves. I like it because I think the graphics and music go well with the theme... and the missions are all about equally difficult. I have only skimmed over some of those guides and kind of like figuring out the missions, but in that table they are just explanatory enough to get pretty quickly. You are right about the upper left flipper, it seems as you never know what you are going to get. The table "gives nothing away" so to speak, it's pretty difficult to spam your way into a high score, unless your multiball skills are extremely good. You kind of have to complete the missions to get the best scoring.

That being said, although it is one of my most played tables since day one, I am not likely to impress anyone with my score. I think my best is on the old Wii U version at about 50 million or so.

Last edited:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I agree on V-12 but strangely, Eldorado is one of my faves. I like it because I think the graphics and music go well with the theme... and the missions are all about equally difficult. I have only skimmed over some of those guides and kind of like figuring out the missions, but in that table they are just explanatory enough to get pretty quickly. You are right about the upper left flipper, it seems as you never know what you are going to get. The table "gives nothing away" so to speak, it's pretty difficult to spam your way into a high score, unless your multiball skills are extremely good. You kind of have to complete the missions to get the best scoring.

That being said, although it is one of my most played tables since day one, I am not likely to impress anyone with my score. I think my best is on the old Wii U version at about 50 million or so.

But hey man, thanks for picking a table you hate lol! i'd like to see Earth Defense on there eventually too. Consider it my one request.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
But hey man, thanks for picking a table you hate lol! i'd like to see Earth Defense on there eventually too. Consider it my one request.

Earth Defense is one of those I desperately want to like but just haven't quite found the inroad to yet. Giving it a week might be the answer! Same with Bio Lab and Secrets of the Deep.

tritium03

May 19, 2014
hi, earth defense is now more easy than the fx2 version. some little changes made it a great table I appreciate now very much.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So yeah, my opinion of El Dorado didn't change any after spending a week with it. We'll hit up the rest of these classic Zen tables in good time. For now, here's the results...

1. TritiumLUPsClub 58 million
2. XAF//SMerrell>> 51 million
3. jaredmorgs 32 million
4. cc178 31 million
5. Selektor6 28 million

I keep recommending people to play the Pinball Tournament app that uses the Skillz program. Zen also uses that program for their eSports app, and the two tables you can play and earn cash on are Mars and Epic Quest. Seeing as how we already played the one, let's play the other! Classic style 3 ball pin, 5 attempts. It's a good table, just one you have to practice on a bit to learn the ins and outs of.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
So yeah, my opinion of El Dorado didn't change any after spending a week with it. We'll hit up the rest of these classic Zen tables in good time. For now, here's the results...

1. TritiumLUPsClub 58 million
2. XAF//SMerrell>> 51 million
3. jaredmorgs 32 million
4. cc178 31 million
5. Selektor6 28 million

I keep recommending people to play the Pinball Tournament app that uses the Skillz program. Zen also uses that program for their eSports app, and the two tables you can play and earn cash on are Mars and Epic Quest. Seeing as how we already played the one, let's play the other! Classic style 3 ball pin, 5 attempts. It's a good table, just one you have to practice on a bit to learn the ins and outs of.

I had high hopes for Eldorado and was disappointed in my attempts. Congrats to the top 5 players. Good scores. Epic Quest --> Another timeless Zen classic!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
FYI, thanks to some practice sessions to re-familiarize myself with EQ, I crushed it on my first game and posted a 231 million score. Got 3 cracks at the final boss, but that bastard is tough! One hit drops your health by 75%, even with epic armor. By the time the healing potion gives you your ball back, he hits you again. I'm wondering if collecting the scrolls is what is needed, but I haven't figured out how to even get them other than randomly.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So I had a blast playing Epic Quest and proceeded to apply what I learned into winning money in Zen's eSports app. I also posted 950+ million score on regular single player. Too bad I didn't for the tourney! Here's the results...

1. born2late 662 million
2. TritiumLUPsClub 274 million
3. shutyertrap 236 million
4. XAF//SMerrell>> 143 million
5. FirstBlood 50 million

Dog days of summer are here, so let's dip back into another table I can't stand, Shamen. 1 ball, choose your upgrades, 10 attempts.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.