DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Wow, fierce competition for this week's tourney on Ant-Man! Here's your top 5:

1. terry2taps 575 million
2. TarekOberdieck 537 million
3. tritium03 441 million
4. pr0mkin6 423 million
5. da5id5 127 million

Yep, there was clearly 2 separate groupings of players at the top, as there were another 5 scores in the hundred million battle. Good times!

This next week's tourney starts now and continues the sci-fi theme with Portal. 3 balls, no wizard, your choice of passive upgrades. Ends 7 days from now.

so the finished tournament reads a bit different for me on PS4
1. terry2taps
2. Tarek Oberdieck
3. Hidden
4. da5id5
5. XAF//Smerrell

(no Pr0mkin6 at all) Are some platforms not listed at all (xbone?) instead of Hidden

And as for Portal - ITS ON, BRING IT

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
so the finished tournament reads a bit different for me on PS4
1. terry2taps
2. Tarek Oberdieck
3. Hidden
4. da5id5
5. XAF//Smerrell

(no Pr0mkin6 at all) Are some platforms not listed at all (xbone?) instead of Hidden

And as for Portal - ITS ON, BRING IT

Yeah, PS4 can't see Xbone scores and vice versa, but both can see Steam scores. That's why I've been posting them here too as I can see all the scores.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yeah, PS4 can't see Xbone scores and vice versa, but both can see Steam scores. That's why I've been posting them here too as I can see all the scores.

that explains why the tournament screen shows my ranking (5th place) and the tournament player listing shows higher (4th place). so the intro screen reflects the actual placement that includes the missing xbone players.

still confused about "Hidden" - are those steam players that opt to not show their user name?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
that explains why the tournament screen shows my ranking (5th place) and the tournament player listing shows higher (4th place). so the intro screen reflects the actual placement that includes the missing xbone players.

still confused about "Hidden" - are those steam players that opt to not show their user name?

Couldn’t tell you. I know you can choose to only see your own system, so maybe that hides player? I’ve never come across it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey [MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION] you're falling behind!

#2 at 246 million.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I beat that 246m with 337m, just to find out your High score is now 717m... I hate you :p

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I beat that 246m with 337m, just to find out your High score is now 717m... I hate you :p

Hehe, I kinda finally figured a thing or two out. Actually what I’m playing for now is to complete all the modes and see what happens in the final battle with GladOS. The score that comes with it is just a bonus.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Hehe, I kinda finally figured a thing or two out. Actually what I’m playing for now is to complete all the modes and see what happens in the final battle with GladOS. The score that comes with it is just a bonus.

That was sexy hollly b fore the web such things were rumour,, fyi ppl he cheats

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Wow, that Portal tourney was competitive! Not in scores being close, but with scores being leap frogged. Here the final results:

1. Frantzl 1.4 billion
2. da5id5 914 million
3. NimbleLee 724 million
4. shutyertrap 717 million
5. pr0mkin6 347 million

If you listen to the podcast, you'll hear me say one table but then I changed my mind and this week's table will be Alien: Isolation. As is fitting for a title like this, you only get 1 ball. Rewind is pre-selected for wizard upgrade and it's user choice for the other 2. Tourney ends on Saturday. Happy hunting!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
RIP Deadpool :(

If we haven't gotten to him by the time the movie comes out, I guarantee we'll play it opening week. I wanted to play a shorter version of pin this week and didn't think 1 ball or 5 minutes would be any fun with Deadpool.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You know, what really would be fitting for this title? Survival. Oh yeah, I get it, you hate the mode ;)

I really do. You don't get to enjoy the table for itself. Instead it could be any table and you're just frantically trying to collect points. What I would be willing to do, and maybe I will, is picking one table and over the course of say 2 weeks playing it in 3 ball, 1 ball, 5 minute, and survival. See if anyone could dominate all facets.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I hope everyone had as much fun playing Alien: Isolation as I did this past week. I make no bones about it, that at the Aliens table are top of the heap as far as Zen tables go for me. Here's your top 5:

1. shutyertrap 171 million
2. NimbleLee 135 million
3. p0mkin6 44 million
4. Voo 29 million
5. Bummpony 21 million

I totally sniped first place at the end, sorry NimbleLee! I couldn't let myself lose on this one. Next tourney will post on Monday, don't know what I'm gonna pick yet. I'm also thinking more and more about the idea of doing multiple short tourneys using the same table over the course of a week or 2. So play it for a day in survival, another day with 5 minute, then maybe 3 days with one ball, and finish with 3 balls. Or variation of that. Question to you players is, would that interest you? Suggestions on length? Are there any tables you'd like to deep dive like this on? Lemme know.

NimbleLee

Dec 5, 2017
I hope everyone had as much fun playing Alien: Isolation as I did this past week. I make no bones about it, that at the Aliens table are top of the heap as far as Zen tables go for me. Here's your top 5:

1. shutyertrap 171 million
2. NimbleLee 135 million
3. p0mkin6 44 million
4. Voo 29 million
5. Bummpony 21 million

I totally sniped first place at the end, sorry NimbleLee! I couldn't let myself lose on this one.

Oh, I thought I had this one! Nice work shutyertrap! The table was a bunch of fun. I do have to admit I felt a bit cheap leveling up my rewind power on the side to get my score up.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Oh, I thought I had this one! Nice work shutyertrap! The table was a bunch of fun. I do have to admit I felt a bit cheap leveling up my rewind power on the side to get my score up.

Wait, you can level up the rewind wizard power? I thought only the passive powers could get upgraded. Huh.

Speaking of, takes a long time to level those things up on this table. When tournament started, all mine were at base level, as is often the case for me. Usually by the end of the week, most are maxed out. This table, they’re all still around 5 or 6. I used bumper and distance up until the final say as those were yielding best for me. I switched out distance for multi ball knowing I could run the table and start final encounter and that wound up being the very thing that put my score over the top. I only had that up to a level 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.