BlahCade Weekly Zen Tournament

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Noticed 'shutyertraps' name pop up in my PINBALL FX3 tournaments feed and had a go on the latest tournament for PARTY ZONE. I went to try again and hadn't realised it was only 1 ball, 1 attempt on tournament settings (which I've barely touched). Talk about hardcore, lol! Hopefully, you'll be more forgiving in future?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yes, normally I’m not that mean and will give 3 or 5 attempts. Sometimes though I like to test people’s pinball metal.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I came up with a plan of how to get 10M+ (had about 5 practice attempts first and got nearly 20M on one of them) on it just from using skill shots. Unfortunately however, when you get a skill shot it turns ball save off and I had 1 ball drain in 5secs and another in 10secs, then missed skill shot on 3rd ball (which cost 3M) so not a great score (although its less terrible than some others) - makes a massive difference from if ball save stayed active.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I came up with a plan of how to get 10M+ (had about 5 practice attempts first and got nearly 20M on one of them) on it just from using skill shots. Unfortunately however, when you get a skill shot it turns ball save off and I had 1 ball drain in 5secs and another in 10secs, then missed skill shot on 3rd ball (which cost 3M) so not a great score (although its less terrible than some others) - makes a massive difference from if ball save stayed active.

The ball save turns off at a set points value, which you always cross if you make a skill shot. Therefore it's safer to full plunge or better short plunge so the balls comes out of the Cosmic Cottage.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's how the nastiness of that last tourney with Party Zone turned out...

1. XAF//SMerrell 33 million
2. Henrikf 13.6 million
3. Trozy 13.1 million
4. Xanija 12.9 million
5. Kater9753 12.4 million

Normally I don't hop onto the latest release for my tourneys, but I can't resist. We'll be playing Theatre of Magic in classic 3 ball. You get 5 attempts and 3 days to get them all in by. Let's see who dares play in enhanced mode with the threat of invisible balls being out there. Mwahahahaha

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I nearly forgot to play in my own tourney since it didn't end on its usual day! Then again, I placed 19th on Theatre of Magic so I may as well have skipped it! Here's your top 5...

1. XAF//SMerrell 1.2 billion
2. CrazyNewt 1.1 billion
3. Henrikf 1 billion
4. CousinPookie 993 million
5. Nogge69 983 million

This week we are going to go way back to Zen's first Marvel pack with Blade. There is so much Zen would do differently with this table now in terms of enhancements, I have no doubt. There's a vampire rave party and it's downright dreary, no blacklights, no glo balls, nothing but techno music. And while I like that they go DARK for the table to depict night, there's very little contrast on display and the whole thing looks flat. Still, very deep table, lots to do. For that reason, it's time to let you pick your bonuses and wizard options (which I need to unlock, ugh) and 5 attempts to show who is the better vampire slayer.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Seems to have been a bit of a gap with the tournaments so I've started one. Junk Yard Survival, score boost power-up - see who has been paying attention to the podcast!

None of the other tournament threads seem to have been active recently, so hope its OK posting it in this thread.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hehe, I keep forgetting to set it up because of my app grinding! And check this, I was totally thinking of doing Safe Cracker but with 5 minutes, cuz yeah it is brutal!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Seems to have been a bit of a gap with the tournaments so I've started one. Junk Yard Survival, score boost power-up - see who has been paying attention to the podcast!

I was! But it only got me to 2nd place. At a certain point I guess you actually have to play and hit shots :(

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Alright, I'll stop being derelict in my duties. Here's how things panned out with Blade

1. zmcvay 80 million
2. jwillan 65 million
3. shutyertrap 48 million
4. snyper68 22 million
5. Henrikf 18 million

So everyone should absolutely hop into wilber's tourney, if you want to search it's under the name jwillan. Now then, I went ahead and made one too, showing just how unfair and brutal this can be in the Williams app...it's Safe Cracker in 5 minutes! No boosts, only 10 attempts. Just to give you a target score to beat, in the app the Premium challenge score goal for 10 stars is 1.26 million, and I have no idea what it is for 15 as I barely got the other. Let's see how different the game plays on Steam compared to mobile.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Mamushka! results from Junk Yard

1. jwillan 146M
  2. shutyertrap 86M [Mamushka alone gets you around this]
  3. FuturDieu666 55M
  4. Lroy 46.5M
  5. FierceDeityXero 41.5M

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Another bit of a gap in tournaments so I've put another one on this week. Avengers classic but with 4 rather than 3 balls, 5 attempts. Not a table I've played before, but this seems a good week to try it.

Same as the last one its under jwillan.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Another bit of a gap in tournaments so I've put another one on this week. Avengers classic but with 4 rather than 3 balls, 5 attempts. Not a table I've played before, but this seems a good week to try it.

Same as the last one its under jwillan.

Yeah, I’ve got the beta going with the new tables, and it’s a pain switching back and forth. Once the beta is over, back to business as usual.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
There’s always our regular tourneys - did THE PARTY ZONE! last week and now onto THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II. Full details over on the Digital Pinball Competitions thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks Lroy, found that one and had a brief go on it - will have to try and post a proper score later, I do (theoretically at least) know what to aim for on that table!

Forgot about the switching in beta from before the first Williams pack, so its still the same with betas for packs 4, 3, etc.? Reinstall (hopefully from local backup rather than redownload) required to play the regular tables?

Release must be getting close now, probably within 2 weeks. Saw the VP Cirqus Voltaire that someone made in the other thread, looking forward to playing that one (even if its 6 months ahead rather than in the next pack), looks fun.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Cool, I’ll be updating that thread again in the coming days with the next 3 non-PBFX3 tables we’ll be posting high-scores on for May.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks Lroy, found that one and had a brief go on it - will have to try and post a proper score later, I do (theoretically at least) know what to aim for on that table!

Forgot about the switching in beta from before the first Williams pack, so its still the same with betas for packs 4, 3, etc.? Reinstall (hopefully from local backup rather than redownload) required to play the regular tables?

Release must be getting close now, probably within 2 weeks. Saw the VP Cirqus Voltaire that someone made in the other thread, looking forward to playing that one (even if its 6 months ahead rather than in the next pack), looks fun.

Yeah, if you switch back it currently takes about a minute or two and then says a newer version of the game is available (the beta), but then all is the same. Switching over to beta, it’s real quick as all it needs to download are the three new tables and Sorcerers Lair. Cracks me up that that table is ever present.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
[MENTION=7432]wilbers[/MENTION] Digital Pinball Competitions thread now updated. Got high-score chasing going on for THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II / AC/DC: PREMIUM / TEE’D OFF and SPOOKY (2017 remake).

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
results from Avengers, 16 players

1. jwillan 243M
  2. Malmustoso 86.9M
  3. Raze 81.5M
  4. Henrikf 43.1M
  5. thyridias44 31.5M

Not entirely sure how it happened but I managed to get the Avengers to Assemble, rather than just the 3 main modes I was aiming to get.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
[MENTION=7432]wilbers[/MENTION] Playing on Switch I don’t have access to the Marvel tables otherwise would of participated. Thanks all the same for putting on the tourney

Members online

Members online