BlahCade Weekly Zen Tournament

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey all!

I've been really enjoying what Zen has done with Pinball FX3. They said their goal was for a true communal pinball experience, and so far they've really hit that mark. Once they implement true head to head, it'll be everything I'd hope for. In the meantime though, their tournament creation is a breeze to set up and we at the BlahCade can't leave something like that alone!

Each week for the foreseeable future, I'll be setting up a tourney. We'll announce the top 5 in the podcast that follows. How to find it? That's easy. You can search for specific tournaments on the tournament page, and what you'll be looking for each week is:

shutyertrap

Ideally it would be BlahCade, but it creates based on your user name. Oh well. Here's the cool thing though; whether you are on Steam, Xbox One, or PS4 (anyone wanna confirm PS4 for me?), you can join in. I'm still playing around with how many days they run, and I'll probably shift the type of play (1 ball, normal, survival, 5 minute) each time. Last week we played 5 minute Iron Man. This week it is 1 ball Empire Strikes Back.

So please join in the fun. If you have a table and rule idea you'd like to see, post below and I'll take it into consideration.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Honestly I think "Doom" and "Survival" sounds like a great combo, even if it's not a decent match game- and tournament-type wise.

Also, I only own the Bethesda pack, so it limits what I can play in somewhat!!

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I'm currently looking for the tournament and I can't find it.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Any word on whether FX3 is coming to portable (Android)?
From what I could gather from one of the Zen PMs on Twitter, they will be putting some of the features into Android.

Only after they have collected enough data to validate the feature is worthy of translation to Mobile.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
What platform you playing on? How did you do search?

On the PS4 pro, Looked for shutyertrap and all that came up is with "you don't currently own this table ...." which, if it was still Iron Man, yes I don't have that table.
I also searched for SSESB.

I would hate to think that is another game that Sony won't play nice across all platforms, like it decided to do with Minecraft.
Also not caught up to the podcast yet, glad to hear your knee is coming along.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Current table is Empire Strikes Back. An Xbox One user was able to play last time, so I know that works. I looked up the tourney on my PS4 last week, but it crashed each time, since its same user name and probably got confused!

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
But, adding Empire to favorite tables and then filtering by favorites brings it up right away. Confirmed PS4 works. Also confirmed I forget how to play this table.

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
But, adding Empire to favorite tables and then filtering by favorites brings it up right away. Confirmed PS4 works. Also confirmed I forget how to play this table.

Thanks for the helpful hint, it worked. It's a strange way of going about it to find this tournament.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's your top 5 from the 1 ball Empire tournament:

1) MINDOU22 107.7m
2) MLK_EL74 67.5m
3) DA5ID5 59.7m
4) JOHNI 3W6 33.8m
5) XAF//SMERRELL 19.9m

New tourney for the week has just been posted. It's Fear Itself (probably my favorite of the Marvel tables) and is normal play with add-ons. It'll run 7 days.

As usual, search shutyertrap and I guess on some systems, Fear Itself also and you should see the tournament. Thanks for playing!

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Not too familiar with Fear Itself I forgot this was in my collection.

Love the sound on this table especially from that right kick out.

Sorry for correction, but it's John i3w6.

Nice score so far SYT.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Not too familiar with Fear Itself I forgot this was in my collection.

Love the sound on this table especially from that right kick out.

Sorry for correction, but it's John i3w6.

Nice score so far SYT.

Can I ask what the i3w6 means?

Sound on Fear Itself is awesome. Knowing your play style and matching that to bonus add ons is gonna be key I think. I have one I know for sure that works in my favor, and I'm still trial and error for the 2nd.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Can I ask what the i3w6 means?

Sound on Fear Itself is awesome. Knowing your play style and matching that to bonus add ons is gonna be key I think. I have one I know for sure that works in my favor, and I'm still trial and error for the 2nd.

I'm still kind of flailing at times with this table, though for my last score got a good rhythm going. Still working on raising the bonus add on level. Couldn't figure out the hammer mini game until a took a quick glance at the upper left screen.

As for i3w6 it has to do with a Ouija board about 30 years ago.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, so another week down! Here's top five for Fear Itself tourney:

Johni3w6 @ 250 million
shutyertrap @ 205 million
ms505 @ 204 million
NimbleLee @ 151 million
da5id5 @ 141 million

John totally sniped me as when I checked scores last night all was well, and then I checked this morning and he'd passed me! That's okay though, I jumped into someone else's Fear Itself tourney and smoked the nearest player, just to feel better :D

Don't know what everybody else's trick was, but mine was to use the bumper bonus and then pick Aggnir(?) and earn tons of points in the pops. I'd often time out on purpose, just to play it again and again. Eventually I got bored of that and played the other Worthy, but didn't earn nearly as many points doing that.

So this week's tourney is going to be Walking Dead in Survival mode. I'll have it be a 5 day tourney and will start that on Monday.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Okay, so another week down! Here's top five for Fear Itself tourney:

Johni3w6 @ 250 million
shutyertrap @ 205 million
ms505 @ 204 million
NimbleLee @ 151 million
da5id5 @ 141 million

John totally sniped me as when I checked scores last night all was well, and then I checked this morning and he'd passed me! That's okay though, I jumped into someone else's Fear Itself tourney and smoked the nearest player, just to feel better :D

Don't know what everybody else's trick was, but mine was to use the bumper bonus and then pick Aggnir(?) and earn tons of points in the pops. I'd often time out on purpose, just to play it again and again. Eventually I got bored of that and played the other Worthy, but didn't earn nearly as many points doing that.

So this week's tourney is going to be Walking Dead in Survival mode. I'll have it be a 5 day tourney and will start that on Monday.

Sorry about that syt, was knocked down to 5th at one point, and went with "I know I can beat my last score". At one point I had you beat by less than 1 million, and decided to give it one more go to make that gap further. At first I couldn't figure out what add-on worked, after noticing by picking ANGRIR the poppers were really giving some great points and the poppers were the add-on that worked well with this table and yes it does get a bit boring at times.

The WD table should be interesting in survival mode, kind of like someone would have to do in real life if faced with the walking dead. Good luck in the next tournament.

btw Just checked the tournaments that ended, now I see what tournament you were talking about. :)

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well hot damn, that Walking Dead survival tourney was a bear! I had one game where everything seemed to go right and the rest were a mess. I need to stop posting good scores so early :D

Here's the top 5 for this past week:

NimbleLee 73 mil
Voo 66.3 mil
Xanija 66.1 mil
shutyertrap 61 mil
TheDR2008 50.7 mil

Some tight groupings there.

Let's go pure this next week. I personally don't like the table, but since it's in theaters this week we'll play Thor. Now when I say pure, I mean normal play, no add-ons. This'll be a 7 day tourney, it's up and running right now. As usual, search 'shutyertrap'.

I did learn something new about the different platforms playing together. When you look on the leaderboard and see a generic silhouette, that means it's someone not on the platform you are playing. The more you know, right?

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
That was a tough tournament, tough table.

Congrats to the top 5 this week.

I don't own the current tournament table, so I'll be sitting this one out. Good luck to everyone in the tournament this week.

Members online

Members online