Bug Tournament Halloween, Haunted House scoring on Pc Win10 Steam NOT Accurate

John Solitude

Jul 26, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm using a Windows 10 official registered and payed for version of Pinball Arcade.
Registered for the Halloween tournament, connected online with broadband.

After several attempts I managed to get my score up to 1.300.000 on Haunted House.
As you may know on Haunted House after 1.000.000 the score rolls back to 0.

When the game was finished as usual you get a screen your score will be submitted.
However, I already found it strange instead of 1.300.000 it registered the score as 300.000 instead of 1.300.000

Checked the official website of pinball arcade: nope my score of 1.300.000 nowhere to be seen.

May'be a glitch I thought: played again, several attempts, now I scored 1.400.000.
AGAIN it submitted as '400.000'.

AGAIN my score doesn't register over 1.000.000

Obviously the scoring registration is flawed and the tournament result and final classification is there for unreliable.

Send an e-mail to pinball arcade, wonder if they'll get back to me.

I played Haunted House (not one of my favorite tables anyway) so many times by now,
I'm done with this tournament.

So, please check if your scoring is registered correctly.
May'be it only a flaw on some versions of Pinball Arcade, but as far as I know I'm using the latest updated versions,
since it updates automatically anyway.

Greetings to you all pinball fans.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
It's the rollover bug. It had gotten me, too. To 'beat' it you must have the third ball drain before the timer runs out. Then your million-plus score will register.

John Solitude

Jul 26, 2013
It's the rollover bug. It had gotten me, too. To 'beat' it you must have the third ball drain before the timer runs out. Then your million-plus score will register.

Thanks, yes, your solution works. Finally I managed to get a registered score of over 1.000.000 on the board.
Shame though, one would think after all these years of development and tournaments such an obvious bug would have been ironed out by now.
I reported it to Fairsight, hope they'll fix this for a next tournament. No reply yet though if the bug is fixed.

John Solitude

Jul 26, 2013
Thanks, yes, your solution works. Finally I managed to get a registered score of over 1.000.000 on the board.
Shame though, one would think after all these years of development and tournaments such an obvious bug would have been ironed out by now.
I reported it to Fairsight, hope they'll fix this for a next tournament. No reply yet though if the bug is fixed.

Today I received an e-mail from Farsight in regards to this problem.
I quote:

"We've added this to our issues tracker database but it has not yet been resolved.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this caused during the tournament."

John Solitude

Jul 26, 2013
Ahh the rollover bug. Scourge of man since the dawn of time itself. A true classic. :(

Today, I received an e-mail from Farsight in regards to this bug I reported.
I quote:

"We've added this to our issues tracker database but it has not yet been resolved.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this caused during the tournament."

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.