Ghostbuster now on iOS. Report problems here.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
First thing I noticed is that the audio quality on iOS is awful with noticeable compression and warbling.

Second thing I noticed is that you can't choose your skillshot because the game doesn't let you use the flippers before you plunge. Any input registers as the plunger pre-plunge. That's a huge part of the game right there.

Fixes will come soon for the latter, I'm sure. The audio will probably always sound terrible.

In the meantime, enjoy the game for free. Once again, there is no score limit on the free trial.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I hit a scoring limit when I got into hysteria multiball. But it was well above the fifth place score. So not sure what score triggered it.

Art - I hope they take another pass on that steep left ramp. It looks monotone and flat. Not very realistic. Needs some shading to give it depth.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I think the game looks pretty bad but I'm used to playing the real thing.

The hologram looks like crap.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Great models, beautiful playfield, and...zero effort made to simulate ambient lighting. Flashers transfer light to absolutely nothing on table. Sterile looking. Hard to see the ball. Even harder to read the DMD. No skill shot selection as mentioned.

Always hoping for ball physics upgrade at some point. I’ll buy tables then.

Glad to play a bit for free. Thanks, FS.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
A couple of bugs - going to be one of my favorite tables when they are ironed out
1. Table not listed in table menu screen
2. Lit shots are not lighting. Default skill shot is right loop it is start scene or if a scene is active then 10% of score. If you hit the shot you receive the award. I am wondering if you can change the skill shot at the beginning you just can't see it?
On modes the shots you need to complete are not lit (tested on who brought the dog and spook central.

Played the free version while waiting for cross buy - first time I saw an ad in TPA.

psyentist

Jul 3, 2016
Works fine on iOS 11.0.3 iPhone SE :). Crashes on iOS 9.3.5 iPad 3 :( (I know its old hardware, but runs all other TPA tables fine).

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Would it hurt them to put in a right flipper button just for the skill shot?

Didn't iOS get the 3 plunge touch zone options like on Android?

Select a game to get to the start screen, press the gear to get to options, go controls> Plunger touch screen. Type B will have a separate section for the plunger and the flipper.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Didn't iOS get the 3 plunge touch zone options like on Android?

Select a game to get to the start screen, press the gear to get to options, go controls> Plunger touch screen. Type B will have a separate section for the plunger and the flipper.

iOS does have touch schemes A-F - there is an option to display touch zones but it is disabled or broken (cannot change the other options vibration or invert nudge either) - but I can cycle through the touch schedule and test (A-F) and they don't work. you can change the skill shot a second (probably milliseconds) before the ball loads in the trough (but its hard to tell due to the skill shot lights not lit but is displayed in the dmd). as soon as the ball is in the trough the flippers are disabled until the ball is launched and the skill shot choices are locked in.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
So if Faraight was right about SPA having a reaaon for cutting off oldee device support but they released Ghostbusters on TPA for platforms that couldn't run it, with no warning, that is absolutely unacceptable.

I'm really starting to think the decision to do this was unplanned and something happened that prevented them from getting a different TPA table finished in time for October.

A couple of bugs - going to be one of my ]favorite tables when they are ironed out
2. Lit shots are not lighting. Default skill shot is right loop it is start scene or if a scene is active then 10% of score. If you hit the shot you receive the award. I am wondering if you can change the skill shot at the beginning you just can't see it?
On modes the shots you need to complete are not lit (tested on who brought the dog and spook central.

Played the free version while waiting for cross buy - first time I saw an ad in TPA.

Would it hurt them to put in a right flipper button just for the skill shot?

Have you guys never played the real thing?

So the way the game works is you can choose 2 skillshots before you plunge. I think there's 7 or 8 in all and each one gives a different reward. The right flipper lets you choose which roll-over lane to light and the left flipper lets you choose which playfield shot to light.

As soon as the the ball hits a switch that ends the skillshot. If the switch was one of the two lit shots you will be rewarded what you chose plus 10% of your current score.

What's important is that skillshots include things like "Light PKE frenzy, Start Scene (mode), +3M to Super Jackpot value, Advance Playfield multipliers. Start Video mode, etc.

So as you can see, being able to choose your skillshot has a huge impact on how you approach the game.

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
iOS does have touch schemes A-F - there is an option to display touch zones but it is disabled or broken (cannot change the other options vibration or invert nudge either) - but I can cycle through the touch schedule and test (A-F) and they don't work. you can change the skill shot a second (probably milliseconds) before the ball loads in the trough (but its hard to tell due to the skill shot lights not lit but is displayed in the dmd). as soon as the ball is in the trough the flippers are disabled until the ball is launched and the skill shot choices are locked in.

So you don't see this in your options?

benroimola

Jul 16, 2013
The dot matrix display is way too dark. I have no problem with the DMD on the other Pinball Arcade tables, but Ghostbusters is impossible to see. All tables on the Stern PBA have the same DMD bug too.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Works fine on iOS 11.0.3 iPhone SE :). Crashes on iOS 9.3.5 iPad 3 :( (I know its old hardware, but runs all other TPA tables fine).

Crash on IPad 3

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

When does the game crash for you guys? Is it right as you enter the Ghost Busters table or is it when you try to open the app? We don't have an iPad 3, but it looks like it should be able to run the game fine based on the specs.

Crashes on my iPad Pro 12,9. This years model. Not Even able to start the table

So far we can't reproduce this on our iPad Pro 10.5 (2017) or iPad Pro 12.9 (2015), when is it crashing for you?

psyentist

Jul 3, 2016
App runs fine and can play other tables. Launch screen for Ghostbusters will load and the code certainly starts to load (based on the time it takes), but then crashes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
A couple of bugs - going to be one of my favorite tables when they are ironed out

Oh, I forgot to mention in my previous post that the big arrows that light the shots you need to make (like when in a mode or for skills shots) are not working at all. They don't light up so, for example, when you start "Who Brought the Dog?" you don't know what shots you are supposed to hit.

This is a monumental screw up. 10 months and they still couldn't launch a working table!
I am wondering if you can change the skill shot at the beginning you just can't see it?

It would change on the DMD.

10 months and the people who already paid for it in SPA on mobile & Steam are *still* waiting for it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.