Ghostbuster now on iOS. Report problems here.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
The dot matrix display is way too dark. I have no problem with the DMD on the other Pinball Arcade tables, but Ghostbusters is impossible to see. All tables on the Stern PBA have the same DMD bug too.

I’m 65 yrs old and have no problem reading DMDs on my iPad Air2 but ghostbusters DMD is so dark I can’t see ****. I even turned the brightness up in iPad settings but still no better.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
The dot matrix display is way too dark. I have no problem with the DMD on the other Pinball Arcade tables, but Ghostbusters is impossible to see. All tables on the Stern PBA have the same DMD bug too.

Agreed. It is way too dim. I've tried now on iOS and Android and it's too dim on both.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
DMD is very dark. Once again, sometimes I can’t close the ad that comes up after I post my score. There’s the overlay window that says it’s posting my score and the ads is underneath, but perhaps that Posting box is keeping the software from accepting taps over n the screen otherwise. This bug has been around a bit. iPad Air 2.

nstraz

Mar 19, 2013
Have you guys never played the real thing?

So the way the game works is you can choose 2 skillshots before you plunge. I think there's 7 or 8 in all and each one gives a different reward. The right flipper lets you choose which roll-over lane to light and the left flipper lets you choose which playfield shot to light.

As soon as the the ball hits a switch that ends the skillshot. If the switch was one of the two lit shots you will be rewarded what you chose plus 10% of your current score.

What's important is that skillshots include things like "Light PKE frenzy, Start Scene (mode), +3M to Super Jackpot value, Advance Playfield multipliers. Start Video mode, etc.

So as you can see, being able to choose your skillshot has a huge impact on how you approach the game.

This isn’t quite right. The LEFT flipper selects the top roll over skill shot. The RIGHT flipper selects the super skill shot on the play field which is light blue. You can short lunge into the right loop or full plunge through the spinner to take a shot at the super skill shot. As long as you don’t hit one of the major shots that are used for the super skill shot, your selected one will remain lit.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
Glad it is finally here but very disappointed with no ability to choose skill shots... really? How could a game go out with on of the most fundamental part of any modern game. In addition you can’t read the DMD, way too dark. Also the sounds are poor in quality, no excuse for not have good modern digitized sounds like the real thing. Feels like a 9.99 Beta test in this respect but yes I am still playing and love the ability to have our games in digitized form. Hope their is an update soon to correct some of these fundamental issues.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Skill shot flippers, horrible audio crackling and dim dmd. I noticed within 10 seconds of playing the demo. How can this not be tested? I'm using a new 10.5" iPad Pro and it plays and the colours look good but...

Won't be buying it until those get addressed. Maybe I'll wait for the spa version to compare.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I’m sure they knew what they were releasing. Guess it was a release it now and fix it later kind of thing. Lots of fixes needed on GB.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
The trial version just runs fine even when you go over the first high score.just scored over 500M on the trial.?!

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Glad it is finally here but very disappointed with no ability to choose skill shots... really? How could a game go out with on of the most fundamental part of any modern game. In addition you can’t read the DMD, way too dark. Also the sounds are poor in quality, no excuse for not have good modern digitized sounds like the real thing. Feels like a 9.99 Beta test in this respect but yes I am still playing and love the ability to have our games in digitized form. Hope their is an update soon to correct some of these fundamental issues.

The sound is awful

We are very lucky to have Ghostbusters at all on TPA. Sit back and relax it's still a work in progress.

"Lucky"

Explain how? It doesn't run on older systems like other TPA tables. It's filling in for a 9th table we should have gotten for TPA as this was supposed to be an SPA exclusive. It's an 8 table season if you buy on TPA and SPA. You still need the seperate SPA app for Star Trek, AC/DC, etc so it doesn't consolidate the apps. SPA users on mobile and PC are still waiting for it even though they paid for it 10 months ago.

"Lucky"

Also, I'm tired of the work in progress excuse. The table costs $10 and SPA has been a "work in progress" since last November.

To Farsight employees on this board:

I'm sorry for sounding like such a big jerk but you need to understand our frustrations. A lot of us buy every table you put out, some of us buy them on multiple platforms. We have been dealing with the same frustrations for years.

I know it's probably not your fault that things are ending up the way they are all the time but perhaps the problem is the persons making decisions to spread the staff so thin and push out broken software.

Farsight isn't the only software company asking for people's money upfront in the promise of a complete product later but it's a shame to see it spread to every corner of the industry.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Slimer seems to move to quickly. I don’t remember it being like that on the actual machine. Anyone else have any thoughts on this. Haven’t logged a lot of time on premiums.

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
Because no one else is officially making digital pinball of real tables
Zaccaria tables are real (especially in vr ;), have good physics and gameplay, accurate simulation, lots of content and options to tweak performance and appearance, cabinet support. If U like EM & early solid state machines with simpler ruleset its very enjoyable choice.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
The Library hole kicks out the ball SDTM every time, is that normal behviour?

Noted it does this for me but only seems to happen more after you have advanced the game a bit and you are in Library mode itself, also noted this happened more while playing with iPad in landscape mode and so I switched to portrait and it happens less often. I try to nudge when it is being popped out to avoid this one.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
The Library hole kicks out the ball SDTM every time, is that normal behviour?

We solved this earlier on consoles earlier

Keep BOTH flippers down and let it bounce off the flippers. This works for both left and right ejects, no more drains

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Slimer seems to move to quickly. I don’t remember it being like that on the actual machine. Anyone else have any thoughts on this. Haven’t logged a lot of time on premiums.

I have put a lot of time on the Premium at the brewery I frequent and I can confirm that Slimer is moving way too fast in this version.

Zaccaria tables are real (especially in vr ;), have good physics and gameplay, accurate simulation, lots of content and options to tweak performance and appearance, cabinet support. If U like EM & early solid state machines with simpler ruleset its very enjoyable choice.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

I have Zaccaria Gold. The tables are okay.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.