Anybody get the newsletter hint for table pack #68

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I think there are five or so classic Gottlieb EM's that most people would like to see and I would have been happy with any two of them. Alas, I guess I have to wait another year.

SE and WC aren't terrible, I just wish there were EM's more often and then I could get more excited for this pack. As someone said, I'll take what I can get.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I love EMs and these are fun tables and with Spanish eyes you can get up to ten balls if your good enough.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
How did you come up with those two? What’s the four zeros and smoke in a bar and a lit number 10

Look up the table and backglass art for those two tables. The two pictures are taken right from those games. The scoring reel is just to indicate that it is an em pack.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Spanish Eyes I recognized; its art style is very distinctive.

Wild Card looks pretty generic cowboy theme poker table, amiright?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Sounds ok but... are we ever getting any Bally or Williams EM's someday for a change?

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think with EMs it's the only time I'd be happy with a Gottlieb. I've played Spanish Eyes a few times, and while it certainly is different with that pop bumper at the drain, I'm pretty meh on it. Never played Wild Card, certainly has a wide open middle! Where's the drop targets in this pack?

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Spanish Eyes is different as I've never seen anything like it with the flippers and bumper down at the bottom.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Spanish Eyes only had 875 units made, the pop bumper inbetween the flippers and horseshoe lane are some distinguishing features plus the very colorful artwork. Kind of curious who Farsight will give the artwork credit to, on Pinside they have Christian Marche but on IPDB they have John Craig since Marche compiled a list of tables he worked on in '92 and Spanish Eyes wasn't on the list.

Wild Card only had 901 units made, last single player EM made by Williams in 1977, artwork by Christian Marche.

Both tables seemed to rate fairly high 7 or 8 out of 10. Many reviewers felt both tables were very collectible.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Spanish eyes is a cool pin, played it before and am looking forward to seeing the Farsight interpretation of this pin. In saying that, I don't recall playing Wild Card before and the vid above shows quite a lot of different shots and for an EM, it seems to play pretty fast. Looking forward to both tables joining TPA.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Yes. Spanish Eyes and Wild Card. There are so many better EM's than those.

Gary

I have not played Wild Card so I cannot comment but it certainly looks generic.

Spanish Eyes is one of those EMs I'm perfectly cool with because it fits the mission statement of TPA: a virtual museum of pinball. Spanish Eyes is a unique game in play and appearance and it had a low run. Plus it's fun, even if it isn't one of the best EMs.

Now, that said, I have reservations about the conversion I'll cross-post from the speculation thread:

So the problem this game may have in translating to TPA is that it's designed around nudging. If you have the finesse you can get the ball back in play as it's jumping around between the bottom bumper and rubbers. TPA has no finesse so it's either going to be too easy to keep alive or a total drain monster.

My other big concern is that the slope will be too steep like in other recent releases of older tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts