Table Pack #69 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Happy Christmas everyone!!!. Jeez this really hasn't been one of the best seasons has it!?....... I don't think even something like simpsons pinball party could turn it around now

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Happy Christmas everyone!!!. Jeez this really hasn't been one of the best seasons has it!?....... I don't think even something like simpsons pinball party could turn it around now

Well there was Paragon, WCS, BK emulation, Fathom, the EMs, and hopefully Banzai Run. It's not a total loss, but yes it could've been much better.

I hope this is not the last of TPA, but I think it may be. How else is FarSight going to get out next year's SPA table?

Plus they're adding SPA to the Switch-December 12th as they say. Remember when they announced TPA for the WiiU? That didn't take too long, did it?

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Been lucky enough to play this one. Longish ball times, but I enjoyed playing it. Not much good vid available, but here is a little peek.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak ,looks great !! I checked it too . glad to hear that you played it and enjoyed it .always value your insight :cool: I think we got a great variety of tables this season , I`m happy !!!:cool:football ready to start Scotland vs Australia Rugby Union :cool:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Another table I've never seen, which is good....Never heard of Alvin G tables until Al's GB and AG Soccer.

The newsletter always comes out late Friday (except the one time a couple months ago).

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Well there was Paragon, WCS, BK emulation, Fathom, the EMs, and hopefully Banzai Run. It's not a total loss, but yes it could've been much better.

Also got World Cup Soccer, which is huge. And they tweaked Scared Stiff and re-did the lighting for Bride of Pinbot as well.

The only disappointments for me this season have been FirePower II and Wipe Out.

It sure beats the previous season that had Big Hurt, Bone Busters, Gladiators, and Cactus Jacks.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Nice video. I'm looking forward to trying Pistol Poker. I like the art and theme and the audio seems ok, though might get a bit too repetitive. The flow of play seemed to be a bit slower and interrupted than I would prefer, but it is nice to see another AG table for variety. Hopefully if TPA continues after season 7 we'll eventually get a Capcom and some more Sega and Data East.

Seems like the guy who made that video likes Western themed stuff. A man of taste.

The only disappointments for me this season have been FirePower II and Wipe Out.

Firepower II was the biggest waste of a slot for me too.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, Firepower II was a huge waste and the reason people should be careful about asking FarSight to complete 'series' pinball. I don't want Comet, Terminator 3, or Fireball 2 either.

There's nothing to worry about regarding FarSight putting out more tables. There's a possibility that actual 'seasons' at some point stop happening, but I've only heard very faint whispers on that front. What you can expect is after the final table of this season, there'll be another month off to address bugs and whatnot like they did last year. We asked them point blank if this would become a regular thing and they said that was the plan.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Terminator 3 is definitely not high on my list of wants. But the playfield is not bad, the backglass shooting game is interesting and can be fun/frustrating. Certainly not worth pursuing if a kickstarter is required

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yep, Firepower II was a huge waste and the reason people should be careful about asking FarSight to complete 'series' pinball. I don't want Comet, Terminator 3, or Fireball 2 either.

There's nothing to worry about regarding FarSight putting out more tables. There's a possibility that actual 'seasons' at some point stop happening, but I've only heard very faint whispers on that front. What you can expect is after the final table of this season, there'll be another month off to address bugs and whatnot like they did last year. We asked them point blank if this would become a regular thing and they said that was the plan.

Hopefully with thier month off this time around they can actually give S1 & 2 tables a face lift....they dont have SPA as an excuses not to do that this year!!

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013

Fireball 2 is actually one of my wants. Good layout and has the manual post kicker feature which always gives a small bit of joy when you save a ball from draining using it.

Also found T3 quite a bit of fun but it's pretty straight forward. Would actually not mind that one coming at some point - and agree without needing Kickstarter only.

Comet can certainly do without.

Apr 8, 2012
Terminator 3 is super fun and one of my most wanted tables. Fireball 2 is also excellent.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Last Action Hero had Arnold's likeness and was a DE/Stern table, so seeing T3 might not be too hard.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hopefully with thier month off this time around they can actually give S1 & 2 tables a face lift....they dont have SPA as an excuses not to do that this year!!

Would take more than a month to do that. Probably just enough time to fix outstanding bugs and clean up a few older tables. As much as we would like it to happen, we probably won’t see an entire season get a facelift in one month.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014

For my money this season has easily been better than the last, but I'm not a Premiere fan.

I was originally pretty miffed about Firepower II bit after playing the trial a few times I picked it up and it has become a table I play quite a bit. The original TPA Firepower has aged badly and it's never going to be reworked to the current standard. FPII feels better to play.

Ghostbusters is the bigger slap in the face and I'm still really mad about it. The whole thing has been a debacle but I've said enough on that in other threads.

Fathom is great, World "Challenge" Soccer is amazing, Paragon is another highly-requested classic. I actually really like this EM 2-pack so far. Spanish Eyes may end up being a novelty game but Wild Card is pretty fun. Even Wipe-Out is a better-than-average Premier.

Looking forward to Pistol Poker!

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013

Pretty forgettable season that's for sure apart from one or two tables :(

Last edited:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015

This is great news (the 1month bug fixing)! Seasons are both a blessing and a curse - if the loss of it means taking longer to release a table to make it right and incorperate a good update in general, buying single tables could be a blessing (well, I wouldn't call it a blessing but I could accept it as a thing going forward).

Still many tables I want to see in my virtual library so I hope they will keep going! And ballspinn and a revised nudge system.... and a release of a physical Pinball controller with builtin acceleratormeter for nudge and tilt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.