IOS 11 app dock

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Since the upgrade to ios 11 I trigger the app dock during play from time to time.
When you slide up by accident on the bottom of the screen it pops up over the flipper area and makes playing impossible.

Anyone out here having this issue, and maybe a solution?

Dpdropout

Jul 18, 2012
The app dock annoys the hell out of me, not only while playing PBA. Half the time when I’m reading something and scroll upwards the app dock appears.
Apple should have implemented an option to block it in app.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The app dock annoys the hell out of me, not only while playing PBA. Half the time when I’m reading something and scroll upwards the app dock appears.
Apple should have implemented an option to block it in app.

That annoys me the most as well.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
It's a terrible feature, apps should be able to disable it (especially games). Hope Apple adds a toggle setting in the next release of iOS.

I can definitively say that I cannot imagine a scenario where I would want to swipe up to get this hovering app dock rather than hitting the home button or double-tapping to switch apps.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
This might help:
- Open the Settings App
- Select General
- Select Multitasking & Dock
- Toggle off "Show Suggested and Recent Apps"

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
It would've been nice if Apple supplied the same type of toggle for this new floating dock that they did for the (new at the time) Control Center that prevents it from being accessed via a swipe up motion from within apps.:confused:

Hopefully, you guys running the newest iOS will get something similar. I'm still on iOS 9.3.5 on all my personal devices (despite them being able to run iOS 11.x) since everything works and works flawlessly.

Last edited:

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Can't disable the iPad App Dock currently.

For the iPhone Control Center go to Settings > Control Center and toggle Access Within Apps to Off (white).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.