Latest Update Present in PSN EU for PS3

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
V.1.29

So this is the update PS3 has been waiting for to finally bring in Season 6....hurrah!

We were told the fix for the current PSN sign in issue (preventing Leaderboard and Tournament access for the last three months+), was to be part and parcel of the Season 6 update. It hasn't happened ; the sign in issue is still unresolved.

Ordinarily, I would've snapped up a new Season bundle right away. However, my money is staying in my wallet this time. This Leaderboard/Tournament access problem is a deal breaker for me ;-j

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Live catch is now possible. But still tons of bugs. Championship Pub still not playable in 720p because of Flip-Mode bug.

Live catch on old tables too (pre-Xenon)? I doubt it.

As I stated in another topic, I think that if a table is updated (bugfixes or anything else), it has to be re-downloaded (as it was the case with the super-mega patch in 2013).

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

As I stated in another topic, I think that if a table is updated (bugfixes or anything else), it has to be re-downloaded (as it was the case with the super-mega patch in 2013).

I think they can make a uniform physics update. There was an update from when the Taxi/ Harley and Elvira/Gofers pack were the newest release that changed the physics of the skill shot across all tables.

Whether or not they can implement the live catch flipper physics so easily is an entirly different question. (I would guess probably not)

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016

That is no longer the case, the updates for the tables come with the main patch download. Most of the tables in the PS3 version of the game should play the same as they do on other platforms.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I almost mentioned it in the other thread, but wasn't sure if I had just somehow never noticed before. I played for a little while a couple weeks ago, and I was doing constant live catches -usually unintentional- on EATPM and Firepower which I'm pretty sure I could never do until now. Of course the last time I played it didn't happen once(I think this was Addams Family).

I really need to get back into pinball a bit more. I'm starting to miss it.

The connection issues are even worse for me now, it used to just not work and then force a disconnect from PSN. Now it stays connected but I have to wait 30 seconds to fail to authorize my ticket after every game. I suppose I can just sign out before I play since I know it doesn't work, not even as hard as switching to 720p(which I'm usually too lazy to do for a short session). Hope they can get that resolved soon.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Oh, thanks for the info, guys... If ball physics (3.0?) is now on par on all PS3 tables, I get back to TPA too! I will download the update tonight.

EDIT: did you check Black Knight? Real ROM or still emulated?

Well, like Morg says, there's still the required 720p switch to reduce the input lag, but hey, we can't have everything...

EDIT 2: currently downloading the update 1.29... 3.4 Go! Basically, it downloads the whole game again. Guess it's the price to pay to have the older tables updated. :p

Last edited:

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I think the question about an emulated BK was brought up some time ago. At that point it wasn't in the pipeline for the he PS3.

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
V.1.30

Sign-in/Leaderboards issue is now resolved.

Access to Tournament play is still unresolved. Able to join the Tournament and play the tables, but *unable to register any scores.

(*Thinking all was fixed), I purchased Season 6 Pro bundle, directly (not 'in-game'), from the UK PS store.
As soon the download began, it froze, crashing my system. Repeated attempts all had the same result.
£32.99 had left my wallet but no download had made it to my console.

Found a workaround by finding the download 'in-game'. Selecting the Season 6 Pro bundle didn't work, but selecting each game individually did, except for Dr. Who: Master Of Time which didn't have a Pro option and wanted £5.09 ;-j

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Even though Dr. Who: Master Of Time is a season 6 table, I've been told that it is not part of the season 6 pass. Seems shady to me, but that's how it is.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Even though Dr. Who: Master Of Time is a season 6 table, I've been told that it is not part of the season 6 pass. Seems shady to me, but that's how it is.

It is supposed to be part of the Season 6 pass, we're looking into why it isn't unlocking.

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
V.1.31

Received latest European Region update today. Too early for me to tell what differences it makes?

I'm wondering when the Dr. Who: Master of Time table, that was supposed to be attached to the Season 6 bundle, will become available. Also, the difficulties running the PSN tournament seem to be unending ; I hope there'll finally be a solid resolution to that before much longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.