Season 6 looks somehow crappy to me

VincentVegas

Feb 8, 2013
Is it just me or do most of the tables in season 6 look cheap and featureless?
I have only seen them from http://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/, but the pictures and the descriptions don't look good.
Out of 18 tables in season 1, 12 are of premium quality, like Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, Star Trek, Cirqus Voltaire, Monster Bash, No Good Gofers, Elvira, Scared Stiff, Twilight Zone and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Aren't there any good tables left to simulate?

Regards
Thomas

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Season 6 has a few stinkers, but I don't think it's bad, it's easily as good as Season 5.

My personal ratings:

Great:
8 Ball Deluxe (my favorite table in all of TPA)

Very Good:
Indy 500
Dr. Who

Good (just fun, keep me coming back):
Gladiators
Big Hurt
Cactus Jacks

Average:
Swords of Fury
Centigrade 37
Jacks Open
Al's Garage Band

Poor:
Bone Busters (physics borked, hard to see what is going on, goals still broken)
Dr. Who Master of Time (just... not good)

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Your top 3 are exactly the ones that I own.

I am tempted by "Swords of Fury" and "Gladiators". Any comment on these two?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Is it just me or do most of the tables in season 6 look cheap and featureless?
I have only seen them from http://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/, but the pictures and the descriptions don't look good.
Out of 18 tables in season 1, 12 are of premium quality, like Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, Star Trek, Cirqus Voltaire, Monster Bash, No Good Gofers, Elvira, Scared Stiff, Twilight Zone and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Aren't there any good tables left to simulate?

Regards
Thomas

Take a look at ipdb for yourself and see if you can find that many great unlicensed pins left.

http://www.ipdb.org/lists.cgi?anony...&submit=No+Thanks+-+Let+me+access+anonymously

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I am tempted by "Swords of Fury" and "Gladiators". Any comment on these two?

Contrary to my intuition/expectation, I enjoy Gladiators a lot more than Swords of Fury. In real life I imagine it would be the opposite, I have never seen either of these on location.

The TPA version of Gladiators is just a clean, fun table with decent rules (for a Premier). The upper playfield is fun, hitting the ramp and dropping the ball into the cup is very satisfying, as is ripping the spinner. Building up the "triforce" pyramid is a good touch, it's obvious how far you have progressed, and the modes are different enough to make them interesting.

The TPA Swords of Fury physics feel a little off to me, I can't reliably hit the right ramp from a trap, which is an important shot. The whole table is also kind of dark and the ruleset is not super deep, I find myself coming back to it less often than Gladiators. I'm glad I own both, though, and SoF is fun for pass and play because the scoring is pretty tight and fair.

Joelpbafan

Nov 1, 2015
Really it depends on one's point of view of crappy I enjoyed tables such as Dr.Who Big hurt baseball is playable gladiator I enjoyed eightball deluxe was great I mean yeah most are gottlieb but still it wasn't crappy

Members online

Members online