Steam version updated with Ghostbusters but...

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Hi,

I see that Stern Pinball Arcade has an update and sure enough, Ghostbusters is now selectable. Unfortunately, it's not recognizing I already own it as part of the latest season on TPA (which I believe the devs have said would support crossbuy. I have logged out and re-logged back in and no difference. I'm certain this will be fixed.

If anyone gets it working, I'm curious if it's identical to the TPA version

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It was working for me right away, I didn't need to do anything.

Only issues I had were with Avast interrupting gameplay at inopportune moments to tell me it was whitelisting Stern Pinball Arcade....

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Tried it again, logged out, logged back in. Nope it asks me to buy it :(. Might be a server issue so I'll try again tomorrow.

You sure you didn't already buy the Steam version via the two pack previously? (was it Mustang or Star Trek?)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Farsight is still working on a fix. I have Season 7 as well, but GB is not unlocked on SPA.

Might be an issue for some people.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I only bought AC/DC and Star Trek. Didn't see much point in buying Mustang because it was free at the time and I don't like it enough to have bought it since.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
No problems here either. I wonder if it's an issue for those who bought Season 7 through TPA rather than the DLC page for TPA on Steam (Purchased through Steam myself).

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Is the Stern version any different to he TPA version? Does it sound any better on SPA?
Thanks in advance.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I've got GB on TPA so I'm satisfied with that version.

Finally got SPA working, and man is it ever borked. Tables are more aligned to the right side of the screen (not centered like it was before), you can't use controllers on the menu, still no resolution fix, and loading times have gotten much worse.

I will stick with TPA on Steam. Heck, I'm still missing wizard goals on most of the Sterns on TPA. SPA's clunky interface is not enough to get me excited about playing it-Star Trek is the only table not in TPA that I still enjoy some. Maybe FarSight will figure out how to fix these problems. I might check back in about 3 years.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah I bought season 7 in-game too and it seems I've only bought season 1 and 2 in steam, that's the only DLC I have listed and the only seasons that show up as owned in steam tpa page, although I obviously own and play all seasons, so yeah maybe that's why the ghostbusters cross-buy isn't recognized.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I've got GB on TPA so I'm satisfied with that version.

Finally got SPA working, and man is it ever borked. Tables are more aligned to the right side of the screen (not centered like it was before), you can't use controllers on the menu, still no resolution fix, and loading times have gotten much worse.

I will stick with TPA on Steam. Heck, I'm still missing wizard goals on most of the Sterns on TPA. SPA's clunky interface is not enough to get me excited about playing it-Star Trek is the only table not in TPA that I still enjoy some. Maybe FarSight will figure out how to fix these problems. I might check back in about 3 years.

Hmmm spa loads faster than before for me and no issues with table being too far to the right or anything. Try the alt+enter thing to make sure you're in full screen maybe?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I agree that the menus and overall UI are a mess, and impossible to navigate properly with a controller. Also, see what happens when you move the left thumb stick, if you want a laugh.

Ghostbusters in SPA seems faster than it does in TPA, but the sound is just as bad. Given that they should be using the uncompressed WAV files directly from Stern, instead of the direct recordings they use for most TPA tables, I don't understand how it could be that the sound is so bad. The DMD is also too bright in SPA, as opposed to TPA where it's a bit on the dim side. Overall I'm more likely to keep playing GB in TPA just because of the UI issues.

Star Trek is another matter, of course, and now that it's fixed I'm finally able to take aim at the Five Year Mission (which is harder than it seems...).

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Star Trek is another matter, of course, and now that it's fixed I'm finally able to take aim at the Five Year Mission (which is harder than it seems...).

Happy Happy Joy Joy! What made it so agonizing to wait for a fix is that it mostly played wonderfully with only a few minor issues, except for the crash to desktop. It was like having a hot partner where you could have sex, but never climax. Maybe the pinball table should have had blue balls?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.