PS3 - Request A plea for an update of the US PS3 version

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
It's hard to be a Farsight fan if you are on the PS3. The latest update end of September brought us the season 6 tables (yeah) but it seriously broke the GUI.

I am patient as long as I can play and enjoy the tables. This has been taken away. I just tried yesterday but after 4 games the waiting for the network timeout after every game got so annoying that I quit. It's no fun. :(

I have no idea how to communicate this to Farsight. From the severity it comes right after not being able to purchase tables. It looked like they understood when I informed them but in the meantime

• the EU version has been released
  • an update for the PS4 version has been announced
And holy cow, in the EU version the bug is also not fixed according to the people here. I am speechless. :(

If it can't be fixed easily, well, turn off the feature. You need to do it anyway for people who are not connected to the internet so it's not even double work. Can't take longer than 1 day and then 2 weeks at Sony for the approval. Done.

FS management gives a clear message here what they think about their customers. I feel like a freak by mentioning this topic so often.

Please: fix the bug. Respect that we paid money for a working product. In the current state it's not fully working.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
The patch that will fix the leaderboard issue, among others, is in Sony's hands right now. The update that was released for the EU version was not the patch that is supposed to fix the on-going issues with leaderboards, it is the same patch that the US version is on right now.

We're really sorry it's taking so long to get this out, there have been far too many unexpected delays and this is a major issue. Right now it's out of our hands, we'll be releasing the update as soon as it is through Sony's submission process.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Alright, the new update should be live for both the US and EU versions of the game as of 15 minutes ago. Leaderboards, Tournaments, and a whole bunch of crashes should be fixed, let us know if you guys have any problems. :D

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Nice! Going to download it tonight.

Full report tomorrow.

BTW, this "late" support for the PS3 was totally... unexpected. ^^ I really thought that PS3 udpates containing only the new tables were now the rule, but seeing new physics on all tables was a very pleasant surprise.

For this, big kudos to Farsight.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Update is live here and connects to leaderboards now. There's even an active tournament but of course I'm missing a quarter of the tables. :)

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
So, I'm one of the PS3 TPA users affected by these issues for past 2-3 months, USA player. I downloaded the most recent version last night, bought season 6 bundle pack (to be honest, I thought I had already bought this months ago, but it has been so long, I forked out the $29.99 and bought it). The download seemed to fix most issues, I'm now recognized as signed-in, I can access leaderboards, even joined the current tournament, gold level. But all of the games I've played since joining the tournament last night are not showing in the tournament. I know there can be a delay in scores showing, but since it's been about 10 hours, and still no scores showing, am I wasting my time playing in the tournament? I'd rather do something else with my time than play in a tournament that will never record my scores. Thanks for any help.

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
Oh, if its any help, my on-line id is ragtom2010, own all the tables, playing in current gold level tournament. Thanks.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, it looks like tournament scores are not posted but the rest is working!!! Thanks, Brandon, pinball life has a meaning again. :)

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
When you look at the tournament stats, there are only 87 players in the PSN Gold level on Sunday, so we're clearly missing the PS3 players. Here's hoping this is fixable on the Leaderboard stats-server end and will not require another client-side patch...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.