Leaderboard sign in problem still not fixed

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
I would like to let you know that the leaderboard sign in problem is still present on the PS Vita. Last week, I downloaded the latest patch which includes all season 6 tables, but the leaderboard sign in problem is still present on the PS Vita in the EU.

Since the latest patch, all of the tables also have a "blue background" now on the PS Vita when in attract mode. It affects all tables.

Hopefully these 2 problems can be fixed, because especially the leaderboard problem has been present for about 5 months now on the PS Vita in the EU.

Screenshot leaderboard problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbpddfe43ygaa3c/PS Vita leaderboard sign in.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot "blue background" problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6t9d4034b6jo40e/PS Vita blue background.jpg?dl=0

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
I just downloaded the latest patch for the PS Vita, and the leaderboard sign in problem is still present. I reported this problem a month ago, even got confirmation from FarSight and still it isn't fixed. What exactly isn't clear here?

The only thing that got fixed with the latest patch is the "blue background".

I will not be buying anything from FarSight until this leaderboard sign in problem (which is already present for about 6 months) is fully fixed.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Hi, I'm the new Sony Pinball Arcade engineer, and I'm sorry that the leaderboards aren't fixed yet.

Honestly, this patch was supposed to fix them as well as the tournaments and both QA and I both tested it and saw them work properly. But somehow in between testing and submitting, it broke.

Needless to say, I'm currently fixing it and am sending a build to QA, so hopefully, a patch that actually fixes the leaderboards will be coming out soon.

As for a changelog, the only things the Vita patch was supposed to fix was the blue background, leaderboards, and tournaments. So you're actually right that this patch only fixed the blue background given the leaderboads and tournaments fix I did broke.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Are the Vita versions of Phantom and Al's Garage Band ever going to be fixed so that Phantom isn't a blurry, stuttering mess and Al's doesn't play in slow motion?

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I have a 8GB memory card and TPA is now the only game on my VITA, however I'm now unable to update since TPA takes up 5007 MB, and with 91 MB+ system use leaves 2307 MB free, but I need 2767 MB to update.

Azathoth

Dec 17, 2017
If it makes you feel any better, the leaderboards are still broken even after the update, or for me at least.

As for your memory card issue there's only one solution; delete everything. TPA requires you to download a huge 3 gig updated install file before it overwrites and deletes the original 3 gigs install. Even though the game may be just 3 gigs before/after the update you still need twice that amount of space in the meantime.

Sony designed the Vita memory so it doesn't differentiate between game installs and game save files, you gotta either have both or neither. Meaning, if you delete your original TPA install you can download the update, but you'll lose all your locally saved high scores, goals, and trophy progress.

I just gave up. The Vita/PS3 leaderboards have been broken forever anyway since they don't even display the correct PSN names (even your own), so I guess not having leaderboard access at all isn't a great loss.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Hey everyone. I just put out a patch in EU and NA, but really it's mainly addressing an EU bug. When switching Vita to our new server, it seems I messed up a spot in regards to EU. So while it was working in NA, it wasn't in EU. This patch should address that issue.

Sony found a bug where if you weren't logged in, you couldn't see any tables to buy in the Table Menus. So I fixed that as well. Sorry for the lateness of the EU leaderboard fix; Sony was closed over the holidays.

As for NA, they should be working. Does it authorize you in the beginning or fail?

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
I can confirm that after downloading the latest patch for the PS Vita (EU version), the leaderboards are working again after 6 months... Leaderboard ticket gets authorised now.

Let's hope this does not happen again, because it's unacceptable for me when you're trying to run a pinball league with friends, and need the weekly friends leaderboard to get the scores.

Azathoth

Dec 17, 2017
Tom Devaney said:
s for NA, they should be working. Does it authorize you in the beginning or fail?

NA Vita leaderboard access now validates the ticket after this newest patch, still has the issue of random friend names thrown in on the high scores.

Picklebeerboy

Jun 13, 2013
Hi KingCat,
I noticed my PS4 now has the friends ps4 highscores fixed. Haven’t checked ps3, but the vita won’t validate my ticket for high scores. Deleted app and reinstalled to no avail. Any suggestions please? Thanks

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
Hi KingCat,
I noticed my PS4 now has the friends ps4 highscores fixed. Haven’t checked ps3, but the vita won’t validate my ticket for high scores. Deleted app and reinstalled to no avail. Any suggestions please? Thanks

Are you sure you also downloaded the latest patch after reinstalling on the PS Vita? If this doesn't help, I would also send an e-mail to support@pinballarcade.com

Beotis

May 31, 2013
I’m having the same issue on Vita (Version 1.34). On game startup, I see “Authorizing ticket for leaderboard access...” and then “Network error. Could not validate ticket for leaderboard access” (After an apparent timeout).

I have deleted the app and reinstalled (and re-patched), but I still have the same issue. And I do have a network connection, because I can access the store and download tables.

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
I checked again, and I can confirm that the leaderboard sign in problem is back again on the PS Vita (EU version). I'll also send an e-mail to support again so they can have a look at this again and again and again...

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
Got a reply from FarSight yesterday. They are aware of the issue and "hope to resolve this in time".

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Does anyone else notice the table will just randomly shake like someone's nudging it. I'm not hitting the nudge nor do I have rear touch nudge turned on. It just happens randomly as I play. I've played Addams Family and Attack on Mars and both do this so I'm assuming its not a specific table thing.

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
Yes, I’ve noticed this behaviour too on many PS Vita tables, so I think it’s worth reporting it by e-mail and see what they say.

Members online

Members online