Android - Bug Cannot login to Google Play

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I got a new Acer Iconia Talk S with Android 6. I have the problem that I cannot login to Google Play which means that my achievements are not accesible and I have to start from scratch. There's a similar problem accessing some instructions on the goals screens (not really significant).

Versions are all new.

Any help appreciated (not much traffic anymore here :()

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I got a new Acer Iconia Talk S with Android 6. I have the problem that I cannot login to Google Play which means that my achievements are not accesible and I have to start from scratch. There's a similar problem accessing some instructions on the goals screens (not really significant).

Versions are all new.

Any help appreciated (not much traffic anymore here :()
Have you tried logging into Google Play Games app first on your new tablet and ensure your account can access the service?

Also, I trust you have used the manual Save Game feature in the app on your old device to create a backup?

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Have you tried logging into Google Play Games app first on your new tablet and ensure your account can access the service?
Now I have but it didn't help. I installed Zen Pinball for testing and it works.

Also, I trust you have used the manual Save Game feature in the app on your old device to create a backup?
This one still exists and I can make backups and use Google Play, only when I use WLAN.

There is also a lag related to the plunger and right flipper. :(

Thanks, Jared.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I can't explain the issues with GPG, but some alarm bells are ringing from the tech specs.

I noted:

Chipset = Mediatek MT8735
CPU = Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU = Mali-T720MP2

We know that Mali GPUs often create problems with TPA. Performance with emulated Pinball like TPA may be a problem.

Buuut, you might find that Zen is actually quite fine with it. Tell us how you do with Zen.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Buuut, you might find that Zen is actually quite fine with it. Tell us how you do with Zen.
Zen works as usual. There are known problems with the ball physics there which may lead to a stickiness of the ball just like a lag.

Zaccaria also works fine with the Google Play account. TPA seems now pretty incompatible. On my old tablet I have the old version which works properly but I'm missing the newer tables.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
What is your old tablet? It's it an Amazon Kindle Fire? That is, one that doesn't get the Google Play store updates?
Ah no, it's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.7.0 LTE. I decided not to update which is often a smart decison. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.7.0 always had a shortage of memory.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Login problem solved. I first updated TPA and then Google Play Games 3 days ago. After starting TPA I got logged in automatically. Probably you can see me as "Zorgar".

The lags are a bit reduced but some tables have problems, like Terminator 2.

"Al's Garage Band Goes on a World Tour (1992)" - is listed as installed but is not accesible.

Members online

Members online